• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Is Apple Making iPad 2G Ads Already?


    Apple has already shot an ad for the second-generation iPad, according to a report that's making the rounds today. However, according a person who claims to have been there, the device that people were holding in the shoot was the current model. The new iPad, the source says, will be added in post-production. The timing of the ads - just seven months after the original iPad went on sale - suggests an accelerated schedule for the tablet's refresh.

    The story on 9to5Mac quotes an unnamed source as saying that Apple was filming ads for the next generation iPad as long ago as last month. Though there was little detailed information in the report, (9to5Mac's Seth Weintraub wrote that "we didn't learn as much as we'd like") the source says the ads were shot at New York's Pier 59 by UK photographer David Sims, who's also shot videos for the luxury British fashion house Burberry. Supposedly, current generation iPads were used at the shooting of the ads but will be swapped out digitally for the new model. The report says that there were no 2G iPads on the shoot, but that security was tight (not too tight, though, apparently) and everyone had to sign non-disclosure agreements.

    Of course, there's nothing particularly newsworthy about Apple making ads. However, this news is another piece of evidence suggesting that Apple is going to refresh the iPad sooner than the 1-year anniversary of its release in April; every other product in the iOS line gets a new model once a year. After all, there's little sense in shooting a new ad almost six months before a product is scheduled to be released. Additionally, the fact that first-generation iPads could be used to shoot the ad indicates that the iPad 2G may be the same size as the current one, rather than smaller as previous rumors have suggested.

    Source: 9to5Mac
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Is Apple Making iPad 2G Ads Already? started by Paul Daniel Ash View original post
    Comments 40 Comments
    1. blueblaze4444's Avatar
      blueblaze4444 -
      Could this mean that we may get an iPad 2G before Christmas? I'd love that. The only reason I haven't bought an iPad yet is because I am waiting for FaceTime.
    1. McMichael96's Avatar
      McMichael96 -
      I won my iPad in a giveaway. If I plan on buying iPad 2g as soon as they come out.
    1. Zoz's Avatar
      Zoz -
      An employee at Best Buy said that there would be 2G iPad models on Black Friday today. Don't know if it's credible or even logical, but I'm still going to wait before getting one.
    1. StealthBravo's Avatar
      StealthBravo -
      ^ I'm going to start camping next week
    1. thazsar's Avatar
      thazsar -
      Sadly...we barely use our current one!!! It's become a once-in-a-blue-moon toy for my 4 y.o.! I do hope it'll have the camera, though!
    1. mikerlx's Avatar
      mikerlx -
      A camera is needed in the iPad models just cuz of facetime and video recording and editing on the screen. I am buying one!!
    1. midgetadam's Avatar
      midgetadam -
      Quote Originally Posted by blueblaze4444 View Post
      Could this mean that we may get an iPad 2G before Christmas? I'd love that. The only reason I haven't bought an iPad yet is because I am waiting for FaceTime.
      Same here.
    1. moon#pie's Avatar
      moon#pie -
      naw. too racy for apple.
    1. brianlg's Avatar
      brianlg -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paul Acciavatti View Post
      Apple has already shot an ad for the second-generation iPad, according to a report that's making the rounds today. However, according a person who claims to have been there, the device that people were holding in the shoot was the current model.
      I think this answers the rumor.
    1. Jahooba's Avatar
      Jahooba -
      Yeah, it's going to cost one guy $50 to add a tiny camera texture to the front and back of the iPad in post-production, 'cause that's probably all that's going to be different. Oh, and it will come in black
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Ok… but what the **** is with that picture?! Sadly, it's the best photoshopping in a while.
      Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
      A camera is needed in the iPad models just cuz of facetime and video recording and editing on the screen. I am buying one!!
      No, please no! I can't imagine people walking around thinking they should take videos with their iPad. Seriously, stop and think about this. People are going to walk around with a 10" tablet held out in front of them for minutes at a time? For one, that's tiring. Also, you'd look like an idiot and take up 10" of viewing space in group events, which is usually where videos are taken.
    1. dotFIVE's Avatar
      dotFIVE -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
      No, please no! I can't imagine people walking around thinking they should take videos with their iPad. Seriously, stop and think about this. People are going to walk around with a 10" tablet held out in front of them for minutes at a time? For one, that's tiring. Also, you'd look like an idiot and take up 10" of viewing space in group events, which is usually where videos are taken.
      I think a camera on the iPad is inevitable with FaceTime spreading to all of Apple's products. Plus, I don't think people will be walking around doing video conferencing with their iPad; they'll be sitting down. People won't be looking to use their iPads as a portable camcorder replacement, that's ridiculous. It'll mainly be just for FaceTime when you're sitting around and want to have video conferencing. As for the "tiring" issue, that's easily addressed with an iPad holder/stand.

      It's better to have it then to not have it at all.
    1. Zokunei's Avatar
      Zokunei -
      Quote Originally Posted by dotFIVE View Post
      I think a camera on the iPad is inevitable with FaceTime spreading to all of Apple's products. Plus, I don't think people will be walking around doing video conferencing with their iPad; they'll be sitting down. People won't be looking to use their iPads as a portable camcorder replacement, that's ridiculous. It'll mainly be just for FaceTime when you're sitting around and want to have video conferencing. As for the "tiring" issue, that's easily addressed with an iPad holder/stand.

      It's better to have it then to not have it at all.
      I'm saying for the back. The quote I stated said it needed it for "video recording and editing". Obviously, he wants to use it like people are supposed to use iPhone 4's. Of course it's getting (and needs) FaceTime, like the quote also mentioned.
    1. ddonuts4's Avatar
      ddonuts4 -
      If this is the legit leaked image, zoom in on it. See the black dot in upper right of the iPad? Maybe they DID use the iPad 2G in this ad after all.
    1. DisneyRicky's Avatar
      DisneyRicky -
      Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4 View Post
      If this is the legit leaked image, zoom in on it. See the black dot in upper right of the iPad? Maybe they DID use the iPad 2G in this ad after all.
      I believe the image is photoshopped.

      But if it's not, then I guess it could be a 2G, or just the way the picture was taken.
    1. wolverinemarky's Avatar
      wolverinemarky -
      Nice I hope to pick one up soon


      Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    1. iLaw-One's Avatar
      iLaw-One -
      I've waited this long with hopes that the next Gen iPad comes with not only a better processor, but also dual cameras. Without these and some other much needed stuff, I think apple would only loose out.
      They're aware that the competition is catching up and have every intention of keeping the competition playing 'catch up'...I'd say the features are inevitable and if it's released any sooner, would greatly be welcomed by millions....
    1. EskimoRuler's Avatar
      EskimoRuler -
      ipad 2 should have a front camera with apple's big push for facetime, i still dont think a back camera is really needed, it would just be so weird trying to hold the ipad up to take pictures

      and this is a horrible job at photoshop. This doesnt even look like an apple. The black in there ads is usually if the product has it on it. Every ipad commercial has been nothing like this. And even with the history of iphones and and ipod touches, they're all like this, not like a new product would change this.
    1. Brads's Avatar
      Brads -
      Great news, holding off until iPad 2g. Will be in that queue as soon as they are launched.
    1. Gajet's Avatar
      Gajet -
      Sorry, are we supposed to believe that the woman in the picture is actually holding that iPad. Because there is no way that hand is wrapped around that object. Photoshop!