• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Limera1n is Live!


    How to Jailbreak 4.1 with limera1n

    Big breaking news in our world tonight as limera1n (to jailbreak iOS 4.1 for all iDevices) has been released - though it is for windows only (Yes, yes, a Mac version would be nice, but let's appreciate what we've got and give props out to where they belong).

    A full guide and a slightly restructured guide system will be provided by ModMyi later this evening. By several accounts, and corroborated by those of you have have already delved right in, it works pretty well so far (though issues could become apparent, as the release is so fresh anything could still develop in the moments ahead). So exercise the degree of caution you're comfortable with and stick with MMi for tons of info, insight, and fallout in the minutes and hours to come.

    Making this weekend a jailbreaker's dream, let's not forget about what Sunday has in store. Chronic Dev Team member Joshua Hill recently tweeted that Greenpois0n will launch on October 10, at 10:10:10 A.M. “Things have progressed to the point where we don't expect anymore roadblocks. ETA for greenpois0n is 10/10/10 at 10:10:10AM.” so be on standby with your iDevices for what will be a pretty sweet Sunday.

    UPDATE

    There is high drama in jailbreaker's paradise tonight as we're learning all is not smooth sailing with limera1n (the bugs are alive and well), as it simply isn't working right for everyone. Adding to the drama is the apparent reality that greenpois0n isn't coming out tomorrow after all. To be sure, the Chronic Dev Team is not happy with GeoHot at the moment. Stay tuned.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Limera1n is Live! started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 1095 Comments
    1. vantheman169's Avatar
      vantheman169 -
      Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
      That is fake, geohot is not working on a unlock. That part aboub Sherif Hasim at the bottom is accurate though.
      Well you dont know that for sure. Check out this video...Could be fake, could be real...looks rather interesting and it looks real but who the hell knows these days...but def worth keeping an open mind about.

      LimeSn0w: GeoHot To Implement A New Unlock Tool In Limera1n? [video] [FAKE] | FSMdotCOM
    1. kingchkn's Avatar
      kingchkn -
      As no one really knows who has what anymore or who is doing what I'm inclined to think there could be a possibility that there is an unlock for 4.1.

      It would make sense as there are people who will not upgrade to 4.2 and if there will be an exploit for 4.2 to allow a JB AND Unlock, why wouldn't he develop (or release if already developed) an unlock for those currently on or opting to remain on 4.1?

      As always there are way too many opinions on these matters and no one really knows what the ultimate outcomes really are.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
      Well you dont know that for sure. Check out this video...Could be fake, could be real...looks rather interesting and it looks real but who the hell knows these days...but def worth keeping an open mind about.

      LimeSn0w: GeoHot To Implement A New Unlock Tool In Limera1n? [video] [FAKE] | FSMdotCOM
      I know for sure from geohot being on irc and this is what he put up: http://theiphonewiki.com/limesn0w/
    1. vantheman169's Avatar
      vantheman169 -
      Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
      I know for sure from geohot being on irc and this is what he put up: http://theiphonewiki.com/limesn0w/
      lol just like he was leaving the JB scene right? Uh oh looks like hes back so you never know...check out that video..looks real to me. guess we will see
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Just because he left the jailbreak scene doesnt mean he didnt have a jailbreak the whole time. He showed that he did before he left. He has said on irc that he is not working on the baseband and has posted that link up today for all the people making a story from that video. I am inclined to believe him over some strange video. That is not to say an unlock is not being worked on, as I said before the bottom bit on that story is accurate, there has been some success towards an unlock (firsts steps mind you) as tweeted by Sherif Hashim earlier today.
    1. vantheman169's Avatar
      vantheman169 -
      Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
      Just because he left the jailbreak scene doesnt mean he didnt have a jailbreak the whole time. He showed that he did before he left. He has said on irc that he is not working on the baseband and has posted that link up today for all the people making a story from that video. I am inclined to believe him over some strange video. That is not to say an unlock is not being worked on, as I said before the bottom bit on that story is accurate, there has been some success towards an unlock (firsts steps mind you) as tweeted by Sherif Hashim earlier today.
      Yes i saw that tweet myself by Sherif Hashim. Good great grand swell, why cant there be more than 1 basseband unlock in the works? We all know that geohot had the exploit for months now and before he even left, so whats your point? I am not gonna argue with you, geohot is very sneaky when it comes to this stuff just cuz he says hes not working on it, does not me he isnt. Who knows...either way i am looking forward to whoever puts out the unlock whether it be Geo or Sherif Hashim which i know found the last crash in the BB for the last 4.0 ultrasn0w unlock.
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
      Yes i saw that tweet myself by Sherif Hashim. Good great grand swell, why cant there be more than 1 basseband unlock in the works? We all know that geohot had the exploit for months now and before he even left, so whats your point? I am not gonna argue with you, geohot is very sneaky when it comes to this stuff just cuz he says hes not working on it, does not me he isnt. Who knows...either way i am looking forward to whoever puts out the unlock whether it be Geo or Sherif Hashim which i know found the last crash in the BB for the last 4.0 ultrasn0w unlock.
      I would love for you to be right, just calling it like I hear it.
    1. Zydiac's Avatar
      Zydiac -
      Quote Originally Posted by customworksking View Post
      that what was on it when i got it is all.. heard the 4.0 is slow as hell.. but looks like geohow will have a unlock soon so ill use my t mobile 4now.. + i dont have it saved n shsh cycia
      As far as I know, the speed issues are present only in the 3G models loaded with iOS 4. The new firmware on my 3GS has been running flawless without any significant slowing in performance. With the downgrading, you are out of luck.

      And GeoHot ISN'T working on a carrier unlock. Period.
    1. vantheman169's Avatar
      vantheman169 -
      Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
      I would love for you to be right, just calling it like I hear it.
      Yea who knows. Everyone was surprised by Geohot, guess we will see at least we know Sharif is working on an unlock as of right now. All I can wait for in the mean time is pwnagetool update so I can preserve my baseband. Until then 4.0.1 is where I am staying
    1. geoffe's Avatar
      geoffe -
      Anyone try Limera1n now that it is out of beta and can confirm that Facetime works with My3G?
      Thanks
      Also anyone having an issue with SBSettings Location not staying on?
    1. rgvbrutal's Avatar
      rgvbrutal -
      Quote Originally Posted by marc1994 View Post
      Will RC1 work on a itouch 2g mc model? I really want the JB.
      No it doesn't they've told you like 5 times ready!
    1. smoelge's Avatar
      smoelge -
      Hey, is it working now for iTouch 2G because I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the 4th beta?!
      What does RC1 mean?
    1. Funny_Monkey's Avatar
      Funny_Monkey -
      Hey if u go on
      Www.Limera1n.com
      It says " Mac coming in 7 YEARS"
      lol
    1. rgvbrutal's Avatar
      rgvbrutal -
      Quote Originally Posted by smoelge View Post
      Hey, is it working now for iTouch 2G because I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the 4th beta?!
      What does RC1 mean?
      I tried to jb a iPod 2g using limera1n and nothin happens so my guess is it doesn't work.
    1. A Retired Mod's Avatar
      A Retired Mod -
      Quote Originally Posted by Funny_Monkey View Post
      Hey if u go on
      limera1n
      It says " Mac coming in 7 YEARS"
      lol
      Yea that sucks.....lol

      I guess I will have to buy a pc just to jb......
    1. tkawika's Avatar
      tkawika -
      Ok. A few issues.
      1. Seems push isn't working.
      2. FaceTime over 3G isn't working. Using 3gunrestrictor
    1. s1l3nt's Avatar
      s1l3nt -
      Quote Originally Posted by tkawika View Post
      Ok. A few issues.
      1. Seems push isn't working.
      2. FaceTime over 3G isn't working. Using 3gunrestrictor
      3g unrestrictor not supported yet for 4.1
    1. Retrolock's Avatar
      Retrolock -
      Quote Originally Posted by tkawika View Post
      Ok. A few issues.
      1. Seems push isn't working.
      2. FaceTime over 3G isn't working. Using 3gunrestrictor
      Push is working just fine in my end :/
    1. lunercrab's Avatar
      lunercrab -
      So if I'm on beta4 I think, but everything is working for me, is there any need to update to the newest version of limera1n? Is the newer version more stable?
    1. tkawika's Avatar
      tkawika -
      Quote Originally Posted by s1l3nt View Post
      3g unrestrictor not supported yet for 4.1
      My bad. Thanks. Going to try newest version.