• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • 360 Web Browser is Simply Loaded with Features


    With more than 425,000 apps currently available in the App Store, occasional a few good ones slip through the cracks. One such app is 360 Web Browser by Digital Poke. At first glance, 360 Web Browser may look like just another alternative to Safari, but it includes far more features than any other mobile web browser currently available.

    Although the mobile version of Safari is a capable browser, it pales in caparison to the features available in the desktop version. 360 on the other hand, offers a wide array of features usually found only in desktop web browsers. A few of the more notable features include, full gesture support and customization, Firefox Sync support, Dropbox integration, a download manager, a media player, themes, social network integration, plug-in support, a full-screen mode (pictured above) and much, much more. It literally includes too many cool features to mention here all at once.

    360 Web Browser is a universal app, so it’s compatible with the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. There’s a free version, but to get all of the best features available, it will cost you a cool $.99. One nice feature is that it also includes Flash support for some websites similar to the way Skyfire works.

    If you’re looking for a no muss, no fuss web browser then you’re probably better off sticking with Safari, but if you’re looking for something with a little more oomph, then you might enjoy surfing the infoweb with 360 Web Browser. Safari could learn a thing or two from this browser. Now if it only had a catchier name.



    Source: Digital Poke
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 360 Web Browser is Simply Loaded with Features started by Wiley John Wright View original post
    Comments 17 Comments
    1. moon#pie's Avatar
      moon#pie -
      The devs are even members here and take many suggestions of ours!
    1. SwatPac's Avatar
      SwatPac -
      Sounds like someone is advertising.
    1. sirbebe's Avatar
      sirbebe -
      Anybody have any feed back on this?
    1. Own3d's Avatar
      Own3d -
      Quote Originally Posted by SwatPac View Post
      Sounds like someone is advertising.
      Learn to appreciate. I'll be trying this app out because of this article.
    1. DP-Exxed's Avatar
      DP-Exxed -
      Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
      The devs are even members here and take many suggestions of ours!
    1. SnowLeo's Avatar
      SnowLeo -
      Hey DP-Exxed! These guys have the greatest customer support as well. Best browser out there- even better and more intuitive than dolphin for android. Love the gesture support, download manager, and loads of awesome plugins in addition to the intuitive UI and themes. Glad to see this seeing some light here because it definitely deserves it for being such an AWESOME feature-filled, yet super speedy browser.

      But like I said, EXCELLENT customer service. I've been sending these guys tons of suggestions and they respond and added almost every suggest I gave or at least plan to add them.

      If you want proof of their superior customer service check out their thread here: iPhone Web Browser - iPhone Browsing Redefined
      And check out their reponses to my crazy suggestions (: and maybe send them some yourselves.

      But these guys never stop adding features and making it faster and I am glad to be a member of their beta crew and don't want to give anything away but they got a great new app their working on(;

      Definitely check out the app because it's impossible not to love the endless features and speed that makes any other alternate browser including mercury and perfect look like nothing in comparison! From the arcs to the double tapping tabs for refresh all and per-tab desktop client spoofing (forgot the name for it- ie. Trick into thinking it's on firefox for full web page) to the multitouch gestures that you can set for anything and the constantly expanding list of plugins, damn these guys can innovate!

      Edit: oh and if you guys were wondering it does work browser changer (from cydia)
    1. i3urger's Avatar
      i3urger -
      I am using both the free (app store) and full version (install us), and I have to say Im very confused with both. Graphics are wonderful by graphics I mean layout and being able to customize the browser. But the thing im confused about is in the full version. I'm trying to watch YouTube vids, but the video doesn't even play. Now I'm thinking of two things. Buying the app for a dollar and trying it again hoping it works( which I intended to do after trying it out since modmyi says it is much better than safari). Or buying it and it is a complete waste by being exactly as the install us version. Since no one posted a review by a reader of modmyi I thought I'd do it so if any1 can help plz do so. I'm interested in this app. After five minutes using it I think it's better but it doesn't have me without the flash player cuz it would just be like safari. Also on a better note I think it looks better than skyfire.
    1. SnowLeo's Avatar
      SnowLeo -
      Please edit your post- we do not promote the use of piracy/warez or discussion of that evil app you mentioned
    1. i3urger's Avatar
      i3urger -
      I cant edit my post (on my iPad) but beside the evil app. Why didn't you answer my question snow? I know piracy is wrong but I bet you can agree that passing an app with lies is also wrong. I tried watching a video on YouTube. Ty's how to jailbreak an iPad 2 and the website showed flash must be updated to view. And another thing snow, and I don't want an argument started, I don't have a problem with spending a dollar to buy it but it's principle, which on my part is bad cuz I got it free but I just needed to be sure I buy it for the right reason instead of leave it a bad review just like others that bought it as well.
    1. frejes32's Avatar
      frejes32 -
      I've been using this as my main browser pretty much ever since it came out. Certainly packed full of awesome features. Takes a little while to get used to but no biggie. However I can note that I have experienced plenty of issues with it such as pages not loading, having to tap links multiple times just to get them to load, and even the Google mobile site doesn't seem to play nice with this browser at times. All these issues seemed to arrive with the most recent update and I have even had to resort to using the dreadful Mobile Safari. I'm just being honest here. Don't get me wrong though I love the app and I think everyone should at least go download the free lite version to check it out. But I think it's worth the buck for the full version.
    1. Quaddy's Avatar
      Quaddy -
      yep, whilst i dont own idevices anymore, when i did, and in 360's early days, the dev eas superb at taking on ideas and fixes, i really mean that - and the browser was simply the best, very small learning curve to adjust from the plain jane safari, but totally worth it after
    1. skreama's Avatar
      skreama -
      Quote Originally Posted by i3urger View Post
      I cant edit my post (on my iPad) but beside the evil app. Why didn't you answer my question snow? I know piracy is wrong but I bet you can agree that passing an app with lies is also wrong. I tried watching a video on YouTube. Ty's how to jailbreak an iPad 2 and the website showed flash must be updated to view. And another thing snow, and I don't want an argument started, I don't have a problem with spending a dollar to buy it but it's principle, which on my part is bad cuz I got it free but I just needed to be sure I buy it for the right reason instead of leave it a bad review just like others that bought it as well.
      .
      I encountered this issue and just changed the settings to simulate default browser instead of others and it just triggers the built in YouTube app went links are selected
      This browser is excellent and I'm using it to view this thread and reply now. I do have a possible request I'm using iOS 5 on my iPhone 4 and the app has a bug that when I select a link u have to press it twice, doesn't happen on 4.3.3 I checked. I'm using the full paid for version only £0.59 in Uk which is how all apps should be
    1. SnowLeo's Avatar
      SnowLeo -
      YouTube works fine for me and use the clip converter plugin for flash videos
    1. kaician's Avatar
      kaician -
      I bought this browser a long time ago. I like the way it handles font size (magnification and shrinking).

      Maybe I'm just being an idiot, but no matter how many times I try to change the emulate browser settings, sites detect me as mobile.

      I'm using Mercury right now and I'm using the full site here. On google, if I have it set to chrome, it shows the background I have on the pc site and doesn't even give me an option to go to the mobile site.

      What is the setting I need to change in 360 to give it pure desktop behavior.

      I would like Mercury with 360's text handling, or 360 with Mercury's complete browser switching.

      And one more thing, why can't you close a tab or open a new tab with gestures.

      Last, can it be made so that when the address bar is open and you click on the page, that theaddress bar would automatically hide again…?

      I guess I'm really stuck on Mercury…

      Hurry up 360 dev team…

      Quote Originally Posted by kaician View Post

      Maybe I'm just being an idiot, but no matter how many times I try to change the emulate browser settings, sites detect me as mobile
      Update,after closing and restarting the browser it registered me as chrome. One thing crossed off the list. Would be nice not to have to restart it though…
    1. danoph83's Avatar
      danoph83 -
      When i first downloaded 360 browser i was impressed by its interface and all the fancy little features it had, but on using the app it proved to be very laggy, it took long to load webpages especially images, the controls were not all that user friendly as well. Where as i do see the potential of this app to be a great browser i still do not think it is quite ready as yet to be a replacement for our less than basic Safari.
    1. AnthonyGiola's Avatar
      AnthonyGiola -
      Going to buy this very moment love trying new apps
    1. DP-Exxed's Avatar
      DP-Exxed -
      Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
      Hey DP-Exxed! These guys have the greatest customer support as well. Best browser out there- even better and more intuitive than dolphin for android. Love the gesture support, download manager, and loads of awesome plugins in addition to the intuitive UI and themes. Glad to see this seeing some light here because it definitely deserves it for being such an AWESOME feature-filled, yet super speedy browser.

      But like I said, EXCELLENT customer service. I've been sending these guys tons of suggestions and they respond and added almost every suggest I gave or at least plan to add them.

      If you want proof of their superior customer service check out their thread here: iPhone Web Browser - iPhone Browsing Redefined
      And check out their reponses to my crazy suggestions (: and maybe send them some yourselves.

      But these guys never stop adding features and making it faster and I am glad to be a member of their beta crew and don't want to give anything away but they got a great new app their working on(;

      Definitely check out the app because it's impossible not to love the endless features and speed that makes any other alternate browser including mercury and perfect look like nothing in comparison! From the arcs to the double tapping tabs for refresh all and per-tab desktop client spoofing (forgot the name for it- ie. Trick into thinking it's on firefox for full web page) to the multitouch gestures that you can set for anything and the constantly expanding list of plugins, damn these guys can innovate!

      Edit: oh and if you guys were wondering it does work browser changer (from cydia)
      Thanks SnowLeo for the great support. We kinda are fond of MMi and the type of users they have which means We personally keep track of all the feedback, comments & suggestions to have them implemented in the upcoming updates . That and snowleo, moonpie, quaddy, Ins0mniac, stormhunter really makes our efforts a lot easier .

      Quote Originally Posted by kaician View Post
      I bought this browser a long time ago. I like the way it handles font size (magnification and shrinking).

      Maybe I'm just being an idiot, but no matter how many times I try to change the emulate browser settings, sites detect me as mobile.

      I'm using Mercury right now and I'm using the full site here. On google, if I have it set to chrome, it shows the background I have on the pc site and doesn't even give me an option to go to the mobile site.

      What is the setting I need to change in 360 to give it pure desktop behavior.

      I would like Mercury with 360's text handling, or 360 with Mercury's complete browser switching.

      And one more thing, why can't you close a tab or open a new tab with gestures.

      Last, can it be made so that when the address bar is open and you click on the page, that theaddress bar would automatically hide again…?

      I guess I'm really stuck on Mercury…

      Hurry up 360 dev team…



      Update,after closing and restarting the browser it registered me as chrome. One thing crossed off the list. Would be nice not to have to restart it though…

      Hi Kaichain,
      Whenever you change the browser UA from settings, please either reload a tab or open a new tab for it to work properly . Alternatively, just double tap on the tab and select that tab specific UA and reload the website. Let us know if that works

      @All : Sorry for the extreme delay in the upcoming update but during the launch of iOS 5, Apple made it extremely difficult for us to update by rejecting update after update (we did 10 iterations to get 3.1.1 across ).

      All of it seems settled now and we have just put together the latest update build which our beta testers will get pretty soon once we have tested it thoroughly, Thanks for all the support & love guys. We really would have never made it across if it wasn't for all of you who propelled us forward .