• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Artist Renderings Hint at What iPhone 5 May Look Like


    It's one of the hottest questions burning up the smartphone world today: what will the iPhone 5 look like? Will it be almost identical to the iPhone 4? Will it be radically different as some have predicted (but the evidence doesn't suggest)? So far, in the absence of a leaked device - a luxury we had the last time around - we've primarily been left to our imaginations in guessing what the next-generation iPhone will look like.

    Of course, if you're designers Michal Bonikowski and Antoine Brieux, guessing games are no fun. But artist renderings certainly are. The two iPhone 5 sketchers have produced renderings of what they believe the next-gen touchscreen handset will look like. For Bonikowski (see rendering above), the iPhone 5 will not stray from that which we've grown familiar.
    Bonikowski's iPhone 5 plays it safe, returning to the pioneering handheld's roots with an aluminum back and steel fame. It's still thin like the iPhone 4, but its predecessor's flat back has been replaced with a slight, curving bulge.
    Where we find a greater challenge to the conventional, established look of the iPhone is in Brieux's artist rendering (see below), which is clearly a more pronounced departure from the iPhone 4. It effectively evolves "the more boxy look of the iPhone 4" into a frame that appears "rounded from the front and flat from the side."



    Although I hope the ultimate look of the iPhone 5 more closely resembles Bonikowski's rendering, Brieux may not be too off-base, particularly given the speculation from far east parts suppliers who have recently been more forthcoming about the new look and feel of the device, often hinting at the "flatter" design envisioned by Brieux.

    Do you think either man has it right, or might we be surprised by the design Apple actually has in store?

    Sources: Michal Bonikowski, Antoine Brieux, Dvice
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Artist Renderings Hint at What iPhone 5 May Look Like started by Michael Essany View original post
    Comments 26 Comments
    1. iFanaddic's Avatar
      iFanaddic -
      Hot!!! Im buyin! **installs tent in front of rogers retailer**

      How about an iPhone Chromatic?
    1. GmAz's Avatar
      GmAz -
      Do people not have anything better then to make up what a phone may look like? Seriously, I could draw one thats triangle in shape and call it a render of what it could be like.
    1. that_girl's Avatar
      that_girl -
      I don't like how low the camera and flash are.
    1. whereswaldo's Avatar
      whereswaldo -
      They completely made this up, they have no idea what it's looking like and this sketch is just a guess
    1. Cowboy's Avatar
      Cowboy -
      Be a cool guess tho lol.

      Yeah no one will know for sure till its left at a bar. But that is a nice design I'd buy it
    1. Simon's Avatar
      Simon -
      That top pic looks pretty cool. I wouldn't mind it looking like that at all.
    1. Wolftamer's Avatar
      Wolftamer -
      Going off all known and proven evidence available, I believe the phone will resemble Steve Job's johnson.

      Do I get my own article now?
    1. vantheman169's Avatar
      vantheman169 -
      those are the best fake pictures i have ever seen for the iPhone for sure. I like it too! and i am def buying no matter what the next gen is, my 3gs is beginning to be hella crappy.
    1. javiert30's Avatar
      javiert30 -
      Let me see if I can invite one of the engineers to have some drinks to see if he forget his iPhone 5 on the counter. Gizmodo, I will keep in contact.
    1. magistry's Avatar
      magistry -
      Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
      Do people not have anything better then to make up what a phone may look like? Seriously, I could draw one thats triangle in shape and call it a render of what it could be like.
      Do you really not have anything better to do than post stupid, irrelevant comments on forums whose sole purpose is to talk about news such as this? Seriously, I could just look past your comment and think nothing of it but the idiocy of your statement really needed to be brought up in a public venue.
    1. swifty7's Avatar
      swifty7 -
      I don't get it!!!! are we going to get the 4s or a true next gen iphone 5 this September?

      if only the iphone 5 had the same screen size as the evo.....damn it Apple!!!! I WANT 4.3 SCREEN!!!
    1. back2thebeatof84's Avatar
      back2thebeatof84 -
      Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
      Let me see if I can invite one of the engineers to have some drinks to see if he forget his iPhone 5 on the counter. Gizmodo, I will keep in contact.
      I lol'd. It was obviously staged; how else do you keep millions of Apple fanatics begging for more and more leaked information.

      Quote Originally Posted by magistry View Post
      Do you really not have anything better to do than post stupid, irrelevant comments on forums whose sole purpose is to talk about news such as this? Seriously, I could just look past your comment and think nothing of it but the idiocy of your statement really needed to be brought up in a public venue.
      Magistry, I love you.
    1. Quaddy's Avatar
      Quaddy -
      This looks shopped. I can tell by some of the pixels and from having seen a few shops in my time
    1. iJunkie68's Avatar
      iJunkie68 -
      Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
      I don't get it!!!! are we going to get the 4s or a true next gen iphone 5 this September?

      if only the iphone 5 had the same screen size as the evo.....damn it Apple!!!! I WANT 4.3 SCREEN!!!
      I agree...I'm tired of this tiny creek lol...my gf is on Verizon and just got the Droid X2 and it dwarfs my iPhone. Guy at Verizon told me he would give me $210 for my iPhone so I could switch to Verizon..I said "you just want mine so you can talk and surf at the same time." lol
    1. Eagleye's Avatar
      Eagleye -
      Quote Originally Posted by iJunkie68 View Post
      Guy at Verizon told me he would give me $210 for my iPhone so I could switch to Verizon..I said "you just want mine so you can talk and surf at the same time." lol
      Well played, Sir.
    1. Amadomon's Avatar
      Amadomon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Quaddy View Post
      This looks shopped. I can tell by some of the pixels and from having seen a few shops in my time
      ROFLMAO. Of COURSE it's shopped. Were you expecting a photograph of an actual prototype?
    1. z3r01's Avatar
      z3r01 -
      Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
      Do people not have anything better then to make up what a phone may look like? Seriously, I could draw one thats triangle in shape and call it a render of what it could be like.
      just a thought but...this is modmyi...a place for anything-apple-enthusiasts which also include but not limited to rendering future iphones...that doesnt mean we have nothing better to do...but the same would be said to someone posting something like what you have posted...nothing better to do then post negativity?


      my view:


      wasting time drawing an iphone = creativity
      posting negativity = waste of time
    1. brianiino's Avatar
      brianiino -
      It will look the same this time around.
    1. grovyle's Avatar
      grovyle -
      Love the second one.
    1. Spazmonic's Avatar
      Spazmonic -
      Quote Originally Posted by Quaddy View Post
      This looks shopped. I can tell by some of the pixels and from having seen a few shops in my time
      Thank you Captain Obvious!!! The whole title of the article didn't give it away or anything. Words=Struggle Pictures=Understanding.

      Read before you comment