• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • blacksn0w is out - Unlock 05.11.07


    GeoHot has released his free tool for Windows and OS X, blacksn0w - which unlocks the latest baseband (05.11.07).

    We'll drum up a quick guide on usage ASAP and put it in our brand new, completely redone guides section.

    blackra1n has also received an update to RC3, which will jailbreak your iPhone (name your model!) from Windows or the Mac.

    blacksn0w is a free unlock for the latest iPhone 3G and 3GS. blackra1n is a super simple jailbreak used to install unlock new visitors, go to blackra1n.com download and have fun

    blackra1n RC3 is also live for both Windows and Mac!!! Clean firmware 3.1.2 and baseband 05.11.07 are recommended.

    Updates:
    • Unlock!!!
    • Hacktivation
    • Keep legit activation if activated before running app
    • 15 seconds faster, you'll feel it
    • Tiger + PPC support

    blacksn0w is also available on Cydia, add blackra1n.com as repo
    requires firmware >= 3.1 and baseband 05.11.07
    Download blackra1n RC3 OS X
    MMi Member Mirror
    Rapidshare
    Megaupload

    Download blackra1n RC3 Windows
    MMi Member Mirror
    Rapidshare
    Megaupload

    GeoHot's Blog

    (thanks to the dozens who sent this in)
    This article was originally published in forum thread: blacksn0w is out - Unlock 05.11.07 started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 713 Comments
    1. rvlyssup's Avatar
      rvlyssup -
      Weird, when I ran blacksn0w on my wifey's 3g, I experienced no issues with wifi. Did not even reset the network, just went into settings and re-selected my network. No youtube issues either.

      Before you used blacksn0w, did you do a fresh isntall of 3.1.2? I did not and stll running a custom & hactivated 3.1 FW. Maybe that is the difference...
    1. flrdotcom's Avatar
      flrdotcom -
      Quote Originally Posted by aajgar View Post
      Reset the Network settings. Once that is done, the phone will reboot. Once it's back up, wifi should work.

      To reset the Network setting, go to Settings-> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings


      I am not sure if this is true, but the unlocked only worked for me when I installed it from cydia. When I tried to install it from the blackra1n.app, it hung and I couldn't get the wifi to work. But that should be just me I guess !!!
      i did the network settings reset, now my phone wont get passed the apple logo. just keep cycling back to the apple logo. any suggestions? or am i just going to have to restore?
    1. grmiller's Avatar
      grmiller -
      Quote Originally Posted by rvlyssup View Post
      Weird, when I ran blacksn0w on my wifey's 3g, I experienced no issues with wifi. Did not even reset the network, just went into settings and re-selected my network. No youtube issues either.

      Before you used blacksn0w, did you do a fresh isntall of 3.1.2? I did not and stll running a custom & hactivated 3.1 FW. Maybe that is the difference...
      Yes that could be a big difference. Well I did do a fresh 3.1.2 before the blackra1n.
    1. adrian1480's Avatar
      adrian1480 -
      Question about the most recent version of iTunes:

      does it still block tethering?

      I'd like to update, but was under the impression that iTunes had some negative affects on this feature. can anyone provide insight? Is it safe to upgrade iTunes?
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      iTunes is not the one who blocks tethering. Look through the thread. I already posted the fix. But here it is again:
      To enable tethering, Follow this guide:
      Open Cydia, and Click "Sections" on the bottom of the window. Scroll to the "Repositories" section. Look for a Repository called "iPhone-Notes.de's Source"
      Install this repo.
      Next, go back to "Sections" and go to the "Tweaks 3.1.2" section.
      Browse for a file called "Tethering 3G-3.1.2" or "Tethering 3GS-3.1.2" depending on your model phone.

      or

      http://appleguru.org/i/
    1. b3nelson's Avatar
      b3nelson -
      Works flawlessly!!! On 16GB 3G on T-Mobile US after iTunes software update, Jailbreak took about 2 minutes including unlocking!
    1. rvlyssup's Avatar
      rvlyssup -
      Quote Originally Posted by grmiller View Post
      Yes that could be a big difference. Well I did do a fresh 3.1.2 before the blackra1n.
      Maybe you should try to restore using a custom 3.1 FW. Then use blacksn0w to see if you have any problems or issues. If not, maybe the program is temperemental with the original 3.1.2 FW. Maybe a custom hacktivated 3.1.2 FW would work better...

      Of course you see all these other folks who succeed in unlocking & JB their 3g and 3gs devices...
    1. xgus69's Avatar
      xgus69 -
      Quote Originally Posted by grmiller View Post
      You cant use themes or nothing because the jailbreak is done wrong also. Because of files that where not installed right. Also diskaid doesnt work none of them do because of the services.plist file is wrong and all that. The UI file for the whole jailbreak is wrong also.
      I can use themes... I have my themes already.. just some of the UI's are still the original iphone UI images
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rvlyssup View Post
      Maybe you should try to restore using a custom 3.1 FW. Then use blacksn0w to see if you have any problems or issues. If not, maybe the unlock is temperemental with the original 3.1.2 FW. Maybe a custom hacktivated 3.1.2 FW would work better...
      I want to point out that this issue you are speaking of does not affect all users. There are countless amounts of people who running Blackra1n&Blacsn0w without a hitch. Your sugestion may help him for his particular issue, but it is important others know THIS IS NOT NECESSARY when running blackra1n or blacksn0w.
    1. grmiller's Avatar
      grmiller -
      Okay guys I have tryed all types of firmware even the custom hacked ones. but nothing same problem is the WIFI. Only wifi.
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Maybe your wifi is just broken....hmmmm
    1. grmiller's Avatar
      grmiller -
      No because like I said a million times. If I uninstall Blacksn0w it works 100%. I can reboot 100 times and still there. Just when I install the unlock hack that it starts having problems.
    1. xgus69's Avatar
      xgus69 -
      to me everything is perfect, even Stacks V3 manually installed the .deb worked perfect... now the only thing thats annoying me is the custom UI images in my themes.. those dont work.. im not sure what to do... I fixed all permissions to 775 even tried 777 but no luck.. I wonder if it is 3.1.2 or its the jailbreak done wrong?
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Quote Originally Posted by xgus69 View Post
      to me everything is perfect, even Stacks V3 manually installed the .deb worked perfect... now the only thing thats annoying me is the custom UI images in my themes.. those dont work.. im not sure what to do... I fixed all permissions to 775 even tried 777 but no luck.. I wonder if it is 3.1.2 or its the jailbreak done wrong?
      What images are not working? Some file names may have changed since your last firmware or are no longer customizable.
    1. blkcadi's Avatar
      blkcadi -
      Quote Originally Posted by grmiller View Post
      No because like I said a million times. If I uninstall Blacksn0w it works 100%. I can reboot 100 times and still there. Just when I install the unlock hack that it starts having problems.
      There are about 4 separate threads on WIFi issues, I suggest you read through those and post your issues there.
      From treading through a few of them, the biggest culprit for no WIFi is installing RockApp.
    1. Backslash786's Avatar
      Backslash786 -
      i jailbroken with this blackra1n rc3 and used sn0w iphone 3g 3.1.2, sn0w is working because iphone is getting signal on differnt carrier

      but when i installed cydia from blackra1n it isnt showing on springboard tried installing many times still not working

      so basically my iphone is unlocked , but cydia installs it says unpacking cydia , then it resprings but the cydia icon is nowhere to be seen on springboard?

      i have re-jailbroen too still same problem

      Any body help please i need to sort this out??
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      I have heard one solution is to install Rock prior to Cydia...
    1. xgus69's Avatar
      xgus69 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
      What images are not working? Some file names may have changed since your last firmware or are no longer customizable.
      like when you get a pop up notification for a text or something.. its not the themes UI anymore.. its the regular one.. and in Settings.. all my pictures are different but they r the originals now. and safari theme isnt changing. just random lil things
    1. blkcadi's Avatar
      blkcadi -
      @ Backslash786
      ^ you may want to try restoring a fresh 3.1.2 and run blackra1n again.
    1. Melech518's Avatar
      Melech518 -
      Quote Originally Posted by xgus69 View Post
      like when you get a pop up notification for a text or something.. its not the themes UI anymore.. its the regular one.. and in Settings.. all my pictures are different but they r the originals now. and safari theme isnt changing. just random lil things
      If you know the proper directories you can go and SSH the images you want in place of the old one. I suggest keeping a back up of all the originals when doing so incase anything goes wrong. I personally manually change every image I want customized on my iphone.