• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • blackra1n Released! Jailbreak 3.1.2 For All Devices


    geohot has released his tool blackra1n to jailbreak 3.1.2 for ALL devices. This is a windows only release for now. iPod Touch 3rd generations must have their device plugged in and have to run blackra1n on every boot (tethered).


    DO NOT USE THIS TOOL IF YOU NEED AN UNLOCK. THIS REQUIRES YOU TO RESTORE TO 3.1.2 PRIOR TO USING, WHICH WILL UPGRADE YOUR BASEBAND!

    Instructions:
    1. Update or Restore to 3.1.2 in iTunes (BASEBAND WILL BE UPGRADED FOR 3G AND 3GS)
    2. Launch blackra1n
    3. Press "make it ra1n"
    4. Enjoy!

    geohot:
    So, what is blackra1n? blackra1n is a 30 second ALL device 3.1.2 jailbreak. Even the ipt3, but the ipt3 is tethered. In order to boot it, just rerun blackra1n.


    Download blackra1n here:
    blackra1n
    MMi Member Mirror
    Rapidshare
    MegaUpload

    Please post your success stories or problems here.
    Enjoy!


    Via blkcadi:

    Take heed people.
    Warning 3g and 3gs unlockers, do not upgrade to 3.1.2 using iTunes if you want to keep your unlock. Baseband cannot be downgraded. Check out the dev team's offerings. Also blackra1n doesn't hacktivate.





    UPDATE: NetMage created afc2add to take care of adding the service for you. It's available on Cydia and is hosted by MMi. Thanks Bro!



    blackra1n doesn't patch the services.plist. You will have to do it manually to get usb browsing back.

    SSH into your phone and navigate to /System/Library/Lockdown/Services.plist

    Copy Services.plist (copy the original for backup) to your computer and open it in a plist editor or a text editor. Add the following info:

    Paste the following key/dict combo above the line that reads
    <key>com.apple.crashreportcopy</key>

    PHP Code:
        <key>com.apple.afc2</key>
        <
    dict>
            <
    key>Label</key>
            <
    string>com.apple.afc2</string>
            <
    key>ProgramArguments</key>
            <array>
                <
    string>/usr/libexec/afcd</string>
                <
    string>--lockdown</string>
                <
    string>-d</string>
                <
    string>/</string>
            </array>
        </
    dict

    or if you are lazy, here is a pre-patched services.plist

    I recommend editing your own services.plist tho. Reboot your phone and you should be able to use whatever USB browser you want.

    Enjoy!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: blackra1n Released! Jailbreak 3.1.2 For All Devices started by StealthBravo View original post
    Comments 1307 Comments
    1. Duke of prunes's Avatar
      Duke of prunes -
      Blackra1n finishes, no Cydia/Icy/whatever.
      XP SP3 USB1.1 (no probs with JB before)
      I'm having this same problem.

      I get a message saying enjoy your jailbroken iPhone but I can't tell if anything's actually been changed.

      Excuse my stupidity and general uselessness at this kind of thing.

      Cheers
    1. kingchkn's Avatar
      kingchkn -
      I was able to get this to work. but now iphonebrowser won't work and asks of the phone has been jb. Any thoughts?

      EDIT: How to manually activate AFC2?
    1. rico002's Avatar
      rico002 -
      please enlighten me on vernacular please!! whats baseband?
    1. ItalianBoi's Avatar
      ItalianBoi -
      People ive been trying this ALL day and still no luck! ive tried everything from using administrator rights, running it on XP compatability, disabling bonjour, itunes helper, ipod service and apple mobile device and still nothing!

      Ive restored twice and will have to do it again now and ive tried it after rebooting aswell and still nothing!

      What do i do???
    1. tudtran's Avatar
      tudtran -
      Geohot is the man. He should get a Noble Peace Prize. LOL
    1. rico002's Avatar
      rico002 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Duke of prunes View Post
      I'm have this same problem.

      I get a message saying enjoy your jailbroken iPhone but I can't tell if anything's actually been change.

      Excuse my stupidity and general uselessness at this kind of thing.

      Cheers
      dont u have to click on the blackra1n icon and install all three or which ever u want of (rock,icy, and cydia)
    1. vedavis's Avatar
      vedavis -
      ^ I don't have a Blackra1n icon either.
    1. Duke of prunes's Avatar
      Duke of prunes -
      Quote Originally Posted by rico002 View Post
      dont u have to click on the blackra1n icon and install all three or which ever u want of (rock,icy, and cydia)
      I'm currently running back and forth between my Mac and my PC, I'll have a look.
    1. adubs50's Avatar
      adubs50 -
      I don't want to sound like a broken record...

      3G 8GB....xp professional.

      I have restored = didn't work
      tried different USB ports = not so much
      Reboot = getting mad as H3LL

      getting stuck in connect to itunes

      WTF.......still not working....really p*ssed off at the moment

      Any ideas....going crazy...OK, going to walk away, take a break..thank you in advance
    1. tudtran's Avatar
      tudtran -
      Quote Originally Posted by ItalianBoi View Post
      People ive been trying this ALL day and still no luck! ive tried everything from using administrator rights, running it on XP compatability, disabling bonjour, itunes helper, ipod service and apple mobile device and still nothing!

      Ive restored twice and will have to do it again now and ive tried it after rebooting aswell and still nothing!

      What do i do???
      Does your iphone vibrate or make a plug in noise when you plug it in? That was happened to me.
    1. iMister's Avatar
      iMister -
      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyhaque View Post
      The most advanced jailbreak released so far...works like a charm. jailbreak my iphone 3G 3.1.2 on Vista OS in about 40 sec...
      WOW!!! Lucky you! I knew i shouldnt have started this!! Damn it. Tries 3 times now, Blacr1n just says "running" iphone stuck on screen with iTunes logo and USB logo! ran as admin, havnt tried disabling all itunes in "run" msconfig yet, could only find ipod services anyway?

      gonna give it one more shot, cant bear the thought of no JB!!

      Only saving grace is that i still have all my apps from before this nightmare bagan but no more cydia and ********** will surely finish me off!!
    1. Jahooba's Avatar
      Jahooba -
      Quote Originally Posted by ItalianBoi View Post
      People ive been trying this ALL day and still no luck! ive tried everything from using administrator rights, running it on XP compatability, disabling bonjour, itunes helper, ipod service and apple mobile device and still nothing!

      Ive restored twice and will have to do it again now and ive tried it after rebooting aswell and still nothing!

      What do i do???
      Hey, try holding down the top button and the home button for 10 seconds, this should reset your phone. Then read these comments carefully (start from page one and read to here). Jailbreaking, I have found, can take some research. I for one am poor, so I take every precaution when messing with my $300 toys.

      For those of you that don't know how to turn off your Bonjour service, simply ctrl+alt+del and turn off "MDNSResponder", or something similar spelling-wise. When I plug in my iPod I have to end that program first or it won't sync (this is an unrelated fact -- but someone mentioned turning off Bonjour).
    1. aonavy's Avatar
      aonavy -
      i cant get this to work. ive updated the click make it rain. then the phone goes into recovery mode and thats it. blackrain just says running
    1. MikePA's Avatar
      MikePA -
      Quote Originally Posted by matthew1111 View Post
      I dont think i have something called MyWi installed. What is it?
      It's a Rock Your Phone application. Since you don't have it, it's unrelated to the 'no wifi' issue. But, this happened to me, and it was resolved by a reboot of the iPhone.
    1. ItalianBoi's Avatar
      ItalianBoi -
      Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
      Does your iphone vibrate or make a plug in noise when you plug it in? That was happened to me.

      Yess it does make a sound and vibrate when it turns on, ive been turning off the actual Bonjour thinga majig lool
    1. Jahooba's Avatar
      Jahooba -
      Quote Originally Posted by iMister View Post
      WOW!!! Lucky you! I knew i shouldnt have started this!! Damn it. Tries 3 times now, Blacr1n just says "running" iphone stuck on screen with iTunes logo and USB logo! ran as admin, havnt tried disabling all itunes in "run" msconfig yet, could only find ipod services anyway?

      gonna give it one more shot, cant bear the thought of no JB!!

      Only saving grace is that i still have all my apps from before this nightmare bagan but no more cydia and ********** will surely finish me off!!
      Ctrl/Alt/Delete and turn off anything that says iPod or iTunes. Also turn off MDNSResponder (this is the Bonjour service used by iTunes). Try it again and post the results
    1. jaynoonan's Avatar
      jaynoonan -
      how do i restore in ITUNES, it won't recognize the phone? crap!!!
    1. ItalianBoi's Avatar
      ItalianBoi -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
      Hey, try holding down the top button and the home button for 10 seconds, this should reset your phone. Then read these comments carefully (start from page one and read to here). Jailbreaking, I have found, can take some research. I for one am poor, so I take every precaution when messing with my $300 toys.

      For those of you that don't know how to turn off your Bonjour service, simply ctrl+alt+del and turn off "MDNSResponder", or something similar spelling-wise. When I plug in my iPod I have to end that program first or it won't sync (this is an unrelated fact -- but someone mentioned turning off Bonjour).
      Thanks but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt and i have to restore
    1. elslow's Avatar
      elslow -
      Can't get this into DFU mode- tried like 3 different ways now. I think it might be that the sleep button is a bit dodgey. On another note it says "usb device not reconised" when i plug it in.
    1. evolasme's Avatar
      evolasme -
      FINALLY !!!!! I got this thing to work... seems the key was disable Bonjour service in system Config ( Run > MSCONFIG > Services) i disabled both Bonjour and IPOD.. but leave checked "Apple Mobile device" and worked as advertized.. defo gonna donate

      Nice one Geohot

      cheers

      I did this twice. once on XP SP 3 and once on win7... both time the Bonjour thing was the key... ( Note on win 7 Blackra1n was run in XP SP3 compatibility mode)