• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • blackra1n Released! Jailbreak 3.1.2 For All Devices


    geohot has released his tool blackra1n to jailbreak 3.1.2 for ALL devices. This is a windows only release for now. iPod Touch 3rd generations must have their device plugged in and have to run blackra1n on every boot (tethered).


    DO NOT USE THIS TOOL IF YOU NEED AN UNLOCK. THIS REQUIRES YOU TO RESTORE TO 3.1.2 PRIOR TO USING, WHICH WILL UPGRADE YOUR BASEBAND!

    Instructions:
    1. Update or Restore to 3.1.2 in iTunes (BASEBAND WILL BE UPGRADED FOR 3G AND 3GS)
    2. Launch blackra1n
    3. Press "make it ra1n"
    4. Enjoy!

    geohot:
    So, what is blackra1n? blackra1n is a 30 second ALL device 3.1.2 jailbreak. Even the ipt3, but the ipt3 is tethered. In order to boot it, just rerun blackra1n.


    Download blackra1n here:
    blackra1n
    MMi Member Mirror
    Rapidshare
    MegaUpload

    Please post your success stories or problems here.
    Enjoy!


    Via blkcadi:

    Take heed people.
    Warning 3g and 3gs unlockers, do not upgrade to 3.1.2 using iTunes if you want to keep your unlock. Baseband cannot be downgraded. Check out the dev team's offerings. Also blackra1n doesn't hacktivate.





    UPDATE: NetMage created afc2add to take care of adding the service for you. It's available on Cydia and is hosted by MMi. Thanks Bro!



    blackra1n doesn't patch the services.plist. You will have to do it manually to get usb browsing back.

    SSH into your phone and navigate to /System/Library/Lockdown/Services.plist

    Copy Services.plist (copy the original for backup) to your computer and open it in a plist editor or a text editor. Add the following info:

    Paste the following key/dict combo above the line that reads
    <key>com.apple.crashreportcopy</key>

    PHP Code:
        <key>com.apple.afc2</key>
        <
    dict>
            <
    key>Label</key>
            <
    string>com.apple.afc2</string>
            <
    key>ProgramArguments</key>
            <array>
                <
    string>/usr/libexec/afcd</string>
                <
    string>--lockdown</string>
                <
    string>-d</string>
                <
    string>/</string>
            </array>
        </
    dict

    or if you are lazy, here is a pre-patched services.plist

    I recommend editing your own services.plist tho. Reboot your phone and you should be able to use whatever USB browser you want.

    Enjoy!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: blackra1n Released! Jailbreak 3.1.2 For All Devices started by StealthBravo View original post
    Comments 1307 Comments
    1. lotr0510's Avatar
      lotr0510 -
      Last week I have jailbreaked my 3gs with blackra1n and jailbreaking went well, but then when I turned off my phone it wonˇt turn back on, just stayed on silver apple. I have tried a couple of times and every time the same thing. Today I have jailbreaked with blackra1n v2.0 and now is everything ok.
    1. jlensbo's Avatar
      jlensbo -
      Has anyone been able to jailbreak their phone (3g, 3.1.2) and STILL been able to tether the internet? I REALLY need this ability by the weekend... I could do WITHOUT MMS!!!
      Can someone redirect me if you don't know the answer?
      Thanx!
    1. iphoneguy.'s Avatar
      iphoneguy. -
      Quote Originally Posted by iphoneguy. View Post
      That was easy, installing Cydia now. This just get's easier and easier!

      iPhone 3GS out of box 3.1 FW
      EDIT! I can get on Cydia, but when I download things they don't work! Any ideas?
    1. Rsd1Day's Avatar
      Rsd1Day -
      My iPhone is stuck in recovery mode.
      how can i get pass that.
    1. vantheman169's Avatar
      vantheman169 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rsd1Day View Post
      My iPhone is stuck in recovery mode.
      how can i get pass that.
      Hold the Power button down and Home button at the same time till you see the apple logo. Should boot back up. Remember to hit the thanks button if i helped !
    1. Stobe's Avatar
      Stobe -
      I have a big problem with my brand new iPhone 3GS! I updated it with iTunes to 3.1.2 and when I jb'ed it with blackra1n my phone didn't boot again and I had to wake it up with iTunes Restore button since my phone didn't responce to power button. Now there is blackra1n icon but when I press it, it crashes right away! And that's not the biggest problem, now my phone won't go to the recovery mode! When I try to jb it again, blackra1n stucks to "waiting recovery" or something like that, and when I press restore in iTunes it says "iPhone cannot be restored".
      What can I do? Phone works fine but i really want to jb it! =)
      Thanking you wise ppl in advance!

      EDIT: Couldn't figure anything out :< iPhone still stays at blackscreen when entering recovery mode! Hopefully I didn't f**k up my brand new iPhone :
    1. mahgninnuc93's Avatar
      mahgninnuc93 -
      Tried it....didn't work for me at all. Oh well. Just have to do a restore with custom FW.
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      On a 3G you just have to keep trying - it should work eventually. It took Geo 6 attempts on a friends phone!
    1. akash_nu's Avatar
      akash_nu -
      Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
      On a 3G you just have to keep trying - it should work eventually. It took Geo 6 attempts on a friends phone!
      It took me god knows how many times ( I actually stopped counting after about 10 tries) on my previous 3G. But it goes there eventually.

      Quote Originally Posted by Stobe View Post
      I have a big problem with my brand new iPhone 3GS! I updated it with iTunes to 3.1.2 and when I jb'ed it with blackra1n my phone didn't boot again and I had to wake it up with iTunes Restore button since my phone didn't responce to power button. Now there is blackra1n icon but when I press it, it crashes right away! And that's not the biggest problem, now my phone won't go to the recovery mode! When I try to jb it again, blackra1n stucks to "waiting recovery" or something like that, and when I press restore in iTunes it says "iPhone cannot be restored".
      What can I do? Phone works fine but i really want to jb it! =)
      Thanking you wise ppl in advance!

      EDIT: Couldn't figure anything out :< iPhone still stays at blackscreen when entering recovery mode! Hopefully I didn't f**k up my brand new iPhone :
      I think your best bet is to try and format it altogether.

      Quote Originally Posted by Stobe View Post
      I have a big problem with my brand new iPhone 3GS! I updated it with iTunes to 3.1.2 and when I jb'ed it with blackra1n my phone didn't boot again and I had to wake it up with iTunes Restore button since my phone didn't responce to power button. Now there is blackra1n icon but when I press it, it crashes right away! And that's not the biggest problem, now my phone won't go to the recovery mode! When I try to jb it again, blackra1n stucks to "waiting recovery" or something like that, and when I press restore in iTunes it says "iPhone cannot be restored".
      What can I do? Phone works fine but i really want to jb it! =)
      Thanking you wise ppl in advance!

      EDIT: Couldn't figure anything out :< iPhone still stays at blackscreen when entering recovery mode! Hopefully I didn't f**k up my brand new iPhone :
      I think your best bet is to try and format it altogether.
    1. Stobe's Avatar
      Stobe -
      Quote Originally Posted by akash_nu View Post
      It took me god knows how many times ( I actually stopped counting after about 10 tries) on my previous 3G. But it goes there eventually.



      I think your best bet is to try and format it altogether.



      I think your best bet is to try and format it altogether.
      noob question: how can i format it?
      edit: now my iphone goes to this ""recovery mode"" (blackscreen) when i unplug iphone from my computer! tbh this s**t is driving me crazy... how this can be possible that so simple program as blackra1n can f**kup my iphone? and no one can even help me with this...
    1. djfantom's Avatar
      djfantom -
      i havent read every single page but it seems everyone is running this with windows computers. anybody sucessfully jb with a mac?

      i just downloaded the mac version of blackrain but my iphone wont be here till friday (ordered it yesterday)

      my specs:
      iphone 3Gs 32 gb (not sure if it has the new bootloader. i ordered from at&t online on the 20th)

      apple MacBook pro 13 inch runing mac osx 10.5.7

      should i be able to sucessfully jailbreak with this setup? dont want to brick my new phone

      (ps. im not a noob to jailbreaking... just jailbreaking a 3gs on a mac)
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Check the s/no - if it is after week 40 it will have the new BL and can't be JB - before can be week 40 is hit and miss - you'll have to check.
    1. eyecekold's Avatar
      eyecekold -
      i have a iphone 3g.... i tried this a couple times like 2 days ago and it didnt work.. tried it again today, and it worked perfectly.. It's extremely fast, and so far so good... so my advice is, if it doesn't work at first just keep tryin... ITS WORTH IT!!
    1. chromium's Avatar
      chromium -
      Quote Originally Posted by djfantom View Post
      i havent read every single page but it seems everyone is running this with windows computers. anybody sucessfully jb with a mac?

      i just downloaded the mac version of blackrain but my iphone wont be here till friday (ordered it yesterday)

      my specs:
      iphone 3Gs 32 gb (not sure if it has the new bootloader. i ordered from at&t online on the 20th)

      apple MacBook pro 13 inch runing mac osx 10.5.7

      should i be able to sucessfully jailbreak with this setup? dont want to brick my new phone

      (ps. im not a noob to jailbreaking... just jailbreaking a 3gs on a mac)
      I JB'd my friends week 40 3GS on the Mac using pwnagetool.
      Before you get too bogged down in trying to JB it I would check the iBoot version. You're on a Mac so put the iPhone into DFU mode and then run System Profiler and view the USB device. If you have iBoot-359.3 you are good to go, if you have iBoot-359.3.2 you are screwed (for now)
    1. djfantom's Avatar
      djfantom -
      thanks guys for the responses. cant wait for friday. hoping for the best
    1. ivanlovell's Avatar
      ivanlovell -
      wen done jailbreaking can i add apps via itunes using ******* on 3.1.2.. any replies to this question would be of great help.tnx in adnvce
    1. DarkangelX's Avatar
      DarkangelX -
      Is it worth updating my ipod touch 1G 8gb running 3.0 jailbroken? And if so could you tell me why and if everything will work still?
    1. LGgeek's Avatar
      LGgeek -
      Does Blackra1n work with itunes 9 ?
    1. equlizer's Avatar
      equlizer -
      took the plunge and was all done in under 3 mins

      Windows XP with iphone 3gs 16gig 3.12, newest version of blackra1n. I turned off zone alarm and AVG and itunes. Didnt shut off anything else.

      Yes it works with the latest Itunes
    1. Chuck1969's Avatar
      Chuck1969 -
      Quote Originally Posted by lespaul79 View Post
      This did not work for me on my 3g. This did:

      1. Start blackra1n, Make it rain (waiting for iphone)
      2. Start Itunes
      3. Plug phone in
      4. Reboots to DFU. Message in itunes that says detected DFU mode, Click ok.
      5. Waited a few, Maybe a min or less. Picture appears on phone.
      6. Phone reboots
      7. start Blackra1n on springboard, Install RYP, Cydia, or Icy.
      After putting 3 pancakes on my head and and spinning around in circles, this is what finally worked for me as well!