• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Untethered iOS 5 Jailbreak On 3GS With sn0wbreeze Beta 2


    iH8sn0w (@iH8sn0w) has released another update to sn0wbreeze 2.8 that allows iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) users to jailbreak untethered on iOS 5 Beta 1. Five days ago, iH8sn0w released an update for sn0wbreeze that allows jailbreaking capabilities for iOS 5 on Windows; the first client to do so since the release of the iOS 5 Beta 1. MuscleNerd and the iPhone-Dev Team were quick to post an updated redsn0w that also supported the Windows OS not even minutes after the sn0wbreeze release.

    sn0wbreeze 2.8 is now in Beta 2 and is available directly from the following link:


    sn0wbreeze Beta 2 is currently only available for the Windows OS. We'll see if MuscleNerd and the iPhone Dev-Team update redsn0w in concordance to what sn0wbreeze has brought to the table.

    Follow iH8sn0w on Twitter for more information regarding sn0wbreeze and his other projects.

    Source(s): iH8sn0w
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Untethered iOS 5 Jailbreak On 3GS With sn0wbreeze Beta 2 started by Joshua Tucker View original post
    Comments 34 Comments
    1. jaydeff's Avatar
      jaydeff -
      Quote Originally Posted by AngryPIG View Post
      wont apple just patch IOS 5 for release?
      No they can't. People keep whining why their device isn't untethered and they don't see how only the 3GS OLD BOOTROM is. It's because before apple updated the bootroms on 3GS's there was another bootrom exploit called 24kpwn that let's us make it unthethered without kernel exploit. Apple cannot fix 24kpwn through a firmware update so essentially the 3GS old bootrom is always untethered. No new exploits are used in this new sn0wbreeze.

      Sorry for getting a little off topic, thank you iH8sn0w as I am now unthethered on ios5 with my old bootrom 3GS . Keep up the great work.
    1. GrandMstrBud's Avatar
      GrandMstrBud -
      Wow only 1 comment on this? I so want the iPad 2 jailbreak. Anyone looking for one, LOL.
    1. didithu's Avatar
      didithu -
      Quote Originally Posted by Micara57 View Post
      I completely disagree. Jailbreaking iOS 5 in beta is necessary for developers to update their Cydia Apps so they can run when iOS 5 is officially released. Without a jailbreak now, we'd be waiting months after the official release to see any positive results.

      So instead of responding with disdain, I'd suggest you thank all the people who work hard to provide you with free jailbreaks for each update.
      I second that thought.
    1. SsputniikK's Avatar
      SsputniikK -
      Quote Originally Posted by nicoand View Post
      wish someone would do a unlock for 4.3.3 firmware 04.10.01 getting pissed useing my iphone 4 as unipod
      tried everything
    1. Truckerbear's Avatar
      Truckerbear -
      Quote Originally Posted by plnkeye21 View Post
      Seriously...we don't care about iOS5 until iOS5 is released. I'm simply not impressed.
      Whats wrong with you. Any movement in the right direction is great! Didn't your mama teach you if you don't have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all! Geez!

      I am glad to see any promise to jailbreak iOS5 on any iDevice.

      Looking forward to the iPad2 untethered jailbreak! Come on iOS5!
    1. moon#pie's Avatar
      moon#pie -
      Quote Originally Posted by plnkeye21 View Post
      Seriously...we don't care about iOS5 until iOS5 is released. I'm simply not impressed.
      Just because you don't care doesn't mean I, or any other number of people, don't.

      News alert!: The world does not revolve around your desires. If you see a title that has iOS 5 in the title, don't click on it to read it. Pretty simple to me.
    1. javiert30's Avatar
      javiert30 -
      Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
      Just because you don't care doesn't mean I, or any other number of people, don't.

      News alert!: The world does not revolve around your desires. If you see a title that has iOS 5 in the title, don't click on it to read it. Pretty simple to me.
      Very true...
    1. Cer0's Avatar
      Cer0 -
      5.0 is going to be great once all the bugs are worked out.

      I am staying on it even with the bugs because I report the bugs I find in hopes Apple will fix them. Between me and some staff we found several bugs and we are reporting them.

      I wish i4 5.0 jailbreak was untethered but I am ok with not being jailbroken at the time. Although what is being done with widgets is starting to want me to jailbreak.
    1. trentmorris's Avatar
      trentmorris -
      Quote Originally Posted by plnkeye21 View Post
      Seriously...we don't care about iOS5 until iOS5 is released. I'm simply not impressed.
      But it's good to see they're having success with iOS 5 jailbreaks because in the Fall when it's publicly released -- there's a better chance that there will be a jailbreak solution available for our devices.

      Stay positive my friend. :)
    1. spider_romeo's Avatar
      spider_romeo -
      Quote Originally Posted by Ikemann888 View Post
      Good news for Jailbreaker, not so good news for Unlocker...
      Yeaaah, but now apple selling iPhone 4 factory unlocked....
    1. Joshua Tucker's Avatar
      Joshua Tucker -
      To all of those who have been so supportive, I commend you. Your discussion is genuine and well thought. For those that may not know/recognize this, this is how it is:

      People asking for the iPhone 4 untethered don't understand the importance of the key word "old bootrom." Old bootrom is so important because Apple can't patch it. This makes it easy for untethered exploits because they are already mastered and just need to be re-implemented. Because the iPhone 4 is different, it takes a little bit more time. Also, if the teams were to release an untethered while in Beta iOS 5, there is a strong possibility of Apple patching it before the official iOS 5 release. That would be a huge setback and people would be even more upset about that then some of you are about not having untethered right now on the iPhone 4.

      Be patient and be supportive. These teams work for FREE to bring utilities to you. The least you can do is cheer and jeer; be on their side, not against them. Some key things that the teams hate are lies, false rumors, and the negativity. If you want to keep the jailbreak community vibrant, then show your respects and truly thank those who work tirelessly to bring tools that allow users to do amazing things in the jailbreak community.

      Be wise about what you say People feed off of discouragement just as much as encouragement. The choice is in your hands whether to build them up or tear them down.
    1. transam7816's Avatar
      transam7816 -
      great..hopefully the iphone 4 comes around untethered as well
    1. drWidowmaker53's Avatar
      drWidowmaker53 -
      Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
      Wow only 1 comment on this? I so want the iPad 2 jailbreak. Anyone looking for one, LOL.

      I'm with you on that one! I can't wait to Jailbreak my ipad2!
    1. xtrem3's Avatar
      xtrem3 -
      Quote Originally Posted by nicoand View Post
      wish someone would do a unlock for 4.3.3 firmware 04.10.01 getting pissed useing my iphone 4 as unipod
      Unlock iphone 4 : Unlock iPhone 4 With Gevey Ultra On Higher Basebands Without Dialling 112 - Jailbreak 5.1 / 4.3.1 / 4.3.2 / 4.3.3 / iOS 5 Untethered - iPad 2 Jailbreak