• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • redsn0w Beta Now Jailbreaks iOS 5 On Windows


    Not even an hour after iH8sn0w (@iH8sn0w) released a working version of sn0wbreeze to jailbreak iOS 5 on Windows, MuscleNerd (@MuscleNerd) tweeted that redsn0w has been updated to also support the Windows OS.



    ModMyi recently covered the release of the redsn0w beta a few days ago. At the time, it was unsure when redsn0w would support the Windows OS. This release came faster then many may have expected.

    In iH8sn0w's release notes for his recent sn0wbreeze release, he did mention that he used MuscleNerd's kernel patches. This may lean on the notion that iH8sn0w and MuscleNerd (+ the team) were working closely with one another and were propping each other as the respective releases were made. There could be a little competition going on as well but there is no hard evidence to back-up this statement.

    As mentioned in the previous post, redsn0w is still currently a tethered jailbreak. It does not hactivate UDID registration so don't pirate Apple software.

    The download for both the Mac and Window's version of redsn0w are available below:

    iPhone-Dev Team Blog

    Source(s): MuscleNerd, iPhone Dev-Team
    This article was originally published in forum thread: redsn0w Beta Now Jailbreaks iOS 5 On Windows started by Joshua Tucker View original post
    Comments 25 Comments
    1. maximvd's Avatar
      maximvd -
      is it possible to install beta versions without UDID because earlier version worked?
      thanks in advance
    1. macimaster's Avatar
      macimaster -
      no, the software is in beta for developers, so you will need to get your UDID registered. You can google it as some developers sell some of their 100 device spaces.
    1. maximvd's Avatar
      maximvd -
      Quote Originally Posted by macimaster View Post
      no, the software is in beta for developers, so you will need to get your UDID registered. You can google it as some developers sell some of their 100 device spaces.
      thanks but i'll wait
    1. Spaceman1701's Avatar
      Spaceman1701 -
      and the Ipad 2 JB, gets pushed aside, again.........
    1. Kil0111's Avatar
      Kil0111 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman1701 View Post
      and the Ipad 2 JB, gets pushed aside, again.........
      apparently they have it, they just arnt releasing it?
    1. Joshua Tucker's Avatar
      Joshua Tucker -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kil0111 View Post
      apparently they have it, they just arnt releasing it?
      Yes, they have teased it and such. They're waiting for the most applicable time I can imagine.

      Quote Originally Posted by macimaster View Post
      no, the software is in beta for developers, so you will need to get your UDID registered. You can google it as some developers sell some of their 100 device spaces.
      Selling UDID slots is against the iOS Developers Agreement.
    1. iSnowstorm's Avatar
      iSnowstorm -
      The iPad 2 Jailbreak gets pushed aside but there an IOS 5 jailbreak....I'm starting to give up on an iPad 2 jailbreak and except it for what it is....a limited apple device
    1. GrandMstrBud's Avatar
      GrandMstrBud -
      Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman1701 View Post
      and the Ipad 2 JB, gets pushed aside, again.........
      Yeah I'm about to sell mine. I should have kept my original one.
    1. whereswaldo's Avatar
      whereswaldo -
      can i get a #winning?
    1. Joshua Tucker's Avatar
      Joshua Tucker -
      Quote Originally Posted by iSnowstorm View Post
      The iPad 2 Jailbreak gets pushed aside but there an IOS 5 jailbreak....I'm starting to give up on an iPad 2 jailbreak and except it for what it is....a limited apple device
      I would just continue to be patient. There are reasons why they are waiting. If they were to blow an exploit so early on then it would limit further jailbreaking capabilities in the future. They know what they are doing; cheer not jeer.
    1. dsg's Avatar
      dsg -
      I think they are waiting for the release of the next iPhone
    1. Spaceman1701's Avatar
      Spaceman1701 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
      I think they are waiting for the release of the next iPhone
      havent we waited enough. I stood in line for hours to get my ipad 2, now i wait again. I should have kept my ipad original w/ JB.
      The next iphone isnt due till fall, so we are waiting for another 3-4 months on top of the 3-4 months we have already waited. I am trying to be patient, but its hard, when all the empty promises are floating around and I see all the effort they are putting into the IOS 5 JB. If the JB for the ipad 2 comes at the same time as IOS 5, i choose IOS 5.
    1. g12007's Avatar
      g12007 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman1701 View Post
      and the Ipad 2 JB, gets pushed aside, again.........
      im starting to think the ipad 2 wont get a jailbreak at all

      good job on the ios5 jb tho
    1. konrads's Avatar
      konrads -
      Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman1701 View Post
      havent we waited enough. I stood in line for hours to get my ipad 2, now i wait again. I should have kept my ipad original w/ JB.
      The next iphone isnt due till fall, so we are waiting for another 3-4 months on top of the 3-4 months we have already waited. I am trying to be patient, but its hard, when all the empty promises are floating around and I see all the effort they are putting into the IOS 5 JB. If the JB for the ipad 2 comes at the same time as IOS 5, i choose IOS 5.
      That is why I KEPT my iPad while buying an iPad2. I expected that the hack would take a LONG TIME, if ever, to come, and I need the iPad to actually WORK and not be encumbered with the garbage restrictions Jobs put on it.
    1. Spaceman1701's Avatar
      Spaceman1701 -
      LOL, I would have to fight my wife for my old ipad original and I dont think she will part with it. I would lose. She makes it a point of pointing out hers is JB and mine isnt. She thinks she is sooo kool, lol.
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kil0111 View Post
      apparently they have it, they just arnt releasing it?

      No. There is nothing that could be released. Yet.
    1. macimaster's Avatar
      macimaster -
      Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post
      Yes, they have teased it and such. They're waiting for the most applicable time I can imagine.



      Selling UDID slots is against the iOS Developers Agreement.
      I know but hasn't stopped them, as some silly peeps upgrade thinking it will work and get stuck
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      There are a lot of very silly people. This release is fo developers an people beta testing apps. It is not supposed to be a fully functional release!
    1. Cokeman's Avatar
      Cokeman -
      I have got tired of waiting on the jailbreak. Have been trying to sell my iPad 2 with no luck. iOS devices are useless without the jailbreak. I knew they would wait to release a jailbreak until iOS 5 launches.
      I've been modding cellphones & devices for 10 years now, never have I heard of waiting to release the hack or jailbreak. New firmware gets release, you hack it, it's the natue of modding. a constant cycle.
    1. confucious's Avatar
      confucious -
      What is it that jail breaking gives you that makes your iPad2 "useless" without it?