• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Possible Surfaced iOS 5 Photo


    Just one day before WWDC and the presentation on iOS 5, the media seemingly got a hold of a possible iOS 5 SpringBoard photo and it has gone viral.

    TechCrunch posted three hours ago (as of 6/5/2011 10:32 PM PST) a full-blown article and SpringBoard image that gives a little credibility to the possible iOS 5 design. With the 2 mentions of Twitter in the photo, this could be a sign that a newly designed notifications system is true and is a prominent feature in iOS 5. On top of a notifications system, other probable updates include improved voice command, Twitter integration, widgets, and much more.

    Although speculation about certain features of iOS 5 have been circulating the news for quite some time, what will be more exciting are those features that have not been mentioned or "leaked" to the public. And coming from the mouth of Grant Paul (@chpwn), for those of us that jailbreak, iOS 5 when released should not hinder advancement in jailbreaking capabilities whatsoever. Depending on the changes in bootrom or userland coding, the jailbreak should be close to the initial release of iOS 5.

    ModMyi is planning on covering every square inch of the conference and will keep everyone updated quickly and concisely. Be on the lookout for WWDC updates and as always, come with feasting eyes.

    Source(s): TechCrunch
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Possible Surfaced iOS 5 Photo started by Joshua Tucker View original post
    Comments 14 Comments
    1. sub zero's Avatar
      sub zero -
      Maybe this will make me use twitter!?! Lol

      Nonetheless less I'm excited about it all and will watch it to the very end for the.......oh and here is just a teaser pic of the next ......lol
    1. CustomSS1's Avatar
      CustomSS1 -
      Is there any site/tv channel where I can see WWDC 2011 live?
    1. MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
      MetallicaFan1991 -
      I see we don't get Live Wallpapers like Android....

      Why Twitter integration, I don't even use Twitter, why not just revamp the notifications system.
    1. therandy's Avatar
      therandy -
      Ummmm...that's showing the "new notification system" why would you assume that it's only twitter integration? Lol

      Either way, I like the looks of it and the mini icon label
    1. Ryry506's Avatar
      Ryry506 -
      Quote Originally Posted by sub zero View Post
      Maybe this will make me use twitter!?! Lol


      Nonetheless less I'm excited about it all and will watch it to the very end for the.......oh and here is just a teaser pic of the next ......lol
      Why twitter? How bout new notification system like that for Facebook or even better a way to reply to your text w/out having to go into your messages? I would love to jailbreak my phone but redsn0w to me just sucks needs to be more like green poison. Just redoing the whole notification system would be better. If apple would give us what we want so we don't have to jailbreak that would be amazing!!!
    1. SoCal Railroader's Avatar
      SoCal Railroader -
      More of the same ole, same ole.
    1. lineskis's Avatar
      lineskis -
      If this is true it almost looks like there is going to be no preview or quick reply. kind of like text messages. Which is kind of a let down but im sure the JB community will revamp this soon after.
    1. steeda763's Avatar
      steeda763 -
      Cool article.

      Now here's a list of my complaints about the new ModMyi that I've observed while reading just this article:

      1. The whole page flashes as the scrolling ticker at the top refreshes. I feel like I'm going to have a seizure, and on a less hyperbolic level, it makes it extremely difficult to read.

      2. The article shows that there are 7 comments, but only one comment actually appears.

      3. There is a bunch of exclaimation marks in circles all over the place, which seem to be placeholders for images or ads that aren't there. While I appreciate not being met with a barrage of advertisements, this makes the page look like some kid put it together with images hosted on other pages, which have been deleted and the kid hasn't updated the source code.

      4. On a matter of opinion -- too much damn white.

      Yep, thanks to the new MMi, I have no idea if the reply I just made even took (nor this one).
    1. eman561's Avatar
      eman561 -
      Quote Originally Posted by steeda763 View Post
      Cool article.

      Now here's a list of my complaints about the new ModMyi that I've observed while reading just this article:

      1. The whole page flashes as the scrolling ticker at the top refreshes. I feel like I'm going to have a seizure, and on a less hyperbolic level, it makes it extremely difficult to read.

      2. The article shows that there are 7 comments, but only one comment actually appears.

      3. There is a bunch of exclaimation marks in circles all over the place, which seem to be placeholders for images or ads that aren't there. While I appreciate not being met with a barrage of advertisements, this makes the page look like some kid put it together with images hosted on other pages, which have been deleted and the kid hasn't updated the source code.

      4. On a matter of opinion -- too much damn white.


      Yep, thanks to the new MMi, I have no idea if the reply I just made even took (nor this one).
      You would be from west palm beach....
    1. one1's Avatar
      one1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by sub zero View Post
      Maybe this will make me use twitter!?! Lol
      Nah, still useless to the average joe. Good for companies and the likeness.
    1. Kyote508's Avatar
      Kyote508 -
      I ke it that is the best design i have seen so far for an ipad stand.
    1. tomcooldrummer's Avatar
      tomcooldrummer -
      Am i the only one to notice the new camera icon...?
    1. i3urger's Avatar
      i3urger -
      Quote Originally Posted by tomcooldrummer View Post
      Am i the only one to notice the new camera icon...?
      Nope I saw it I guess no one here cares cuz with cydia u can change it. I like the black camera icon more than white or watever it is now.
    1. whereswaldo's Avatar
      whereswaldo -
      So i guess this was right!