• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Connection Issues Cropping up for Verizon 3G iPad 2 Users


    Reports are surfacing that some iPad 2 owners using Verizon's 3G network seem to be having difficulties connecting to the network. So far the problem seems to be isolated to the 3G model iPad 2. Wi-Fi models do not appear to be affected by this problem as these models do not connect to Verizon's 3G wireless network anyway. Thankfully, this problem does not seem to be affecting any AT&T users.

    In a statement to Mobilized “We are aware that a small number of iPad 2 customers have experienced connectivity issues with the Verizon 3G network and we are investigating it,” the company said.

    Currently, there are six pages concerning this issue on Apple's discussion forums. Most users reported having similar experiences trying to solve the issue. One user stated, “I spent over an hour at Verizon talking to apple on the phone.” While another user reported, “After spending 4 hours on the phone, I took my Ipad2 to the Apple store on 5th Ave in NYC. After demonstating (sic) the problem to them, they researched for a bit and gave me a new one.” This customer later reported that the same problem occurred on the replacement unit as well.

    If you happen to be one of those unfortunate enough to be affected by this problem, a workaround is being reported on multiple forums that seems to overcome the issue. Under settings, simply make sure that your 3G connection is enabled, and restart your iPad. The 3G connection should be reenabled and you should be connected to the Verizon network as soon as you are finished booting up. It's unfortunate that users must restart their devices in order to reactivate their cellular data connection. Apple is expected to release an iOS update within the next two weeks. It's unclear what issues this update will address, but hopefully there'll be a fix in it for Verizon customers.

    Source: All Things D
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Connection Issues Cropping up for Verizon 3G iPad 2 Users started by Wiley John Wright View original post
    Comments 65 Comments
    1. ugshotgun's Avatar
      ugshotgun -
      Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
      Insulting members? Look what you just told me? "shut up"
      Quite frankly you don't know what you're talking about. You need to think before you talk because it makes sound unintelligent.
      It's a network issue, not a hardware flaw. Get your facts straight.


      Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
      Lmao....Good Point!!!
    1. Tperry's Avatar
      Tperry -
      Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
      Insulting members? Look what you just told me? "shut up"
      Quite frankly you don't know what you're talking about. You need to think before you talk because it makes sound unintelligent.
      It's a network issue, not a hardware flaw. Get your facts straight.


      Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
      Really...... A network issue? Then why is Apple planning on dropping a SOFTWARE update to fix it? In my experience this typically indicates a hardware incompatibility with the OS. I hear the lime kool-aid tastes better than the orange color you appear to be drinking in copious amounts.
    1. Rob2G's Avatar
      Rob2G -
      Quote Originally Posted by TheJailbreakGenius View Post
      Just shut up, don't insult other members

      You don't even know the facts. It obviously has nothing to do with the network but the chip inside, which would make it apples fault.

      We will eventually find the answer, and it will definitely be the hardware.

      P.S., I can get 5 bars on my Verizon iPhone at the top of mount snow, vermont, during a freakin blizzard. ATT pales next to that statement, they don't even cover at the bottom of mt snow. My grandma has iPhone and ATT, hers wouldn't work anywhere.
      All you do is insult other members, for a jailbreak "genius" your an idiot. It's not a hardware flaw it's a software flaw, it will be fixed with an iOS update.
    1. brandyn baker's Avatar
      brandyn baker -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
      Really.... Verizon manufactures their own IPad 2? News to me, I thought Apple did and spec'd all the parts for it. I guess Apple maintains the cellular network instead.
      Haha +100
    1. jose060789's Avatar
      jose060789 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
      Really...... A network issue? Then why is Apple planning on dropping a SOFTWARE update to fix it? In my experience this typically indicates a hardware incompatibility with the OS. I hear the lime kool-aid tastes better than the orange color you appear to be drinking in copious amounts.
      Once again, for slow learners like you, it's a network issue and apple will release a software update.
      You need to educate yourself before assuming and posting useless posts.


      Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    1. buttamix's Avatar
      buttamix -
      Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
      I guess At&t network really is better than Verizon's.
      Dream on
    1. LamboFan's Avatar
      LamboFan -
      Why am I not surprised?
    1. NBAKingzFan10's Avatar
      NBAKingzFan10 -
      Why does this always turn into a flame war? There is no "Better" service out of the two. It all depends on the user's location whether the service is good or not. I've never had a reason to go to any mountain or even Arizona for that matter, so AT&T works for me. If you do, you're free to use Verizon and should be able to do so without insult. Personal preference is just that, your preference. Stop trying to push it on others because there will ALWAYS be people whose opinions differ from yours. Get over it, it happens. Stop trying to fight with every person because you differ on some issues.
    1. RICO_'s Avatar
      RICO_ -
      Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
      Once again, for slow learners like you, it's a network issue and apple will release a software update.
      You need to educate yourself before assuming and posting useless posts.


      Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
      Now I'm not an expert on this subject so maybe I'm wrong, but.....

      If it's a network issue with Verizon....then why is APPLE releasing a software update for ITS device while Verizon does nothing?

      I don't see any other Verizon devices or phones having problems connecting to the network so clearly this is a software problem with the iPad....NOT a network problem with Verizon.

      An Apple software fix isn't designed to fix a provider network problem. It's designed to fix a problem with the device itself. If it were a network problem with Verizon then most likely you would hear widespread connectivity problems with various phone types and other devices.

      And as far as the AT&T model goes....that's a different chipset used and Verizon is NOT the one that manufactures the chipset for the Verizon iPad2 so it is not their fault. Just like AT&T doesnt manufacture the chipset used in their iPad version.

      And one more thing.....you claim this is Verizon's fault. So why is Apple investigating the issue and not Verizon?
    1. jose060789's Avatar
      jose060789 -
      Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
      Now I'm not an expert on this subject so maybe I'm wrong, but.....

      If it's a network issue with Verizon....then why is APPLE releasing a software update for ITS device while Verizon does nothing?

      I don't see any other Verizon devices or phones having problems connecting to the network so clearly this is a software problem with the iPad....NOT a network problem with Verizon.

      An Apple software fix isn't designed to fix a provider network problem. It's designed to fix a problem with the device itself. If it were a network problem with Verizon then most likely you would hear widespread connectivity problems with various phone types and other devices.

      And as far as the AT&T model goes....that's a different chipset used and Verizon is NOT the one that manufactures the chipset for the Verizon iPad2 so it is not their fault. Just like AT&T doesnt manufacture the chipset used in their iPad version.

      And one more thing.....you claim this is Verizon's fault. So why is Apple investigating the issue and not Verizon?

      Either way thats Verizon's part, not talking about an actual part inside the iPad, as well since it obviously has network issues.

      Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    1. IcerMize's Avatar
      IcerMize -
      Trying to reason with the unreasonable is often less productive than trying to reason with a rock.
    1. Tperry's Avatar
      Tperry -
      Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
      Either way thats Verizon's part, not talking about an actual part inside the iPad, as well since it obviously has network issues.

      Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
      In other words, you're saying that no matter if it is Apple supplied hardware or OS, because it involves the inability to communicate on the network it is strictly the carriers fault? Simple minded theories belong to simple minded people, and your "argument" is a classic example.
    1. unison999's Avatar
      unison999 -
      So quick to point fingers at verizon, if it was verizon's fault you would not be able to do the work around. You would still not able to connect even after reboot!! If it was verizon's network Apple release new iOS would not magically fix things, shouldn't it be Verizon doing it? It is your precious Apple at fault!!!
    1. jose060789's Avatar
      jose060789 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
      In other words, you're saying that no matter if it is Apple supplied hardware or OS, because it involves the inability to communicate on the network it is strictly the carriers fault? Simple minded theories belong to simple minded people, and your "argument" is a classic example.
      Wrong.
      This is basically what I'm trying to say:

      AT&T > Verizon


      Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    1. RICO_'s Avatar
      RICO_ -
      Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
      Either way thats Verizon's part, not talking about an actual part inside the iPad, as well since it obviously has network issues.

      Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
      That makes about as much sense as saying that water dehydrates you when drinking it.

      Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
      Wrong.
      This is basically what I'm trying to say:

      AT&T > Verizon


      Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
      That's your opinion....but that still doesn't make what he said wrong. It's quite the opposite actually. Why can't you just admit that you were wrong. Hell we all make mistakes. It's not a big deal.
    1. jose060789's Avatar
      jose060789 -
      Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
      That makes about as much sense as saying that water dehydrates you when drinking it.



      That's your opinion....but that still doesn't make what he said wrong. It's quite the opposite actually. Why can't you just admit that you were wrong. Hell we all make mistakes. It's not a big deal.
      I've had Verizon before and believe me, the network just sucked. So enough was enough, I switched to AT&T and I had no problems whatsoever.


      Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    1. Tperry's Avatar
      Tperry -
      Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
      Wrong.
      This is basically what I'm trying to say:

      AT&T > Verizon


      Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
      Keep drinking that orange cool-aid. It's a pity that AT&T users in my home area are stuck with EDGE. Where you do get a 3G signal with AT&T then yes, the CURRENT topology is faster than Verizon CDMA, now let's throw LTE into the mix and it whomps AT&T 3G.
    1. fircic's Avatar
      fircic -
      I'm not sure why but my ipad on 4.3.1 also dont have a 3g conectivity just like my iphone 4 maybe because it was jailbroken... And i'm on gsm carrier not in US so if is not about the jaibreak this mean that is Apple fault..... WAIT FOR A FIX!!!!
    1. jose060789's Avatar
      jose060789 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
      Keep drinking that orange cool-aid. It's a pity that AT&T users in my home area are stuck with EDGE. Where you do get a 3G signal with AT&T then yes, the CURRENT topology is faster than Verizon CDMA, now let's throw LTE into the mix and it whomps AT&T 3G.

      Keep drinking orange cool-aid?
      Who says that?
      You're an idiot because most people on an AT&T iPhone perform faster than people on Verizon iPhone, network-wise.
      LTE is non-existent, it's more like 3.5G. Also Verizon's so-called "4G" drains the battery faster and it's quite pointless if your phone's battery sucks. Keep lying to yourself.

      Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    1. Tperry's Avatar
      Tperry -
      Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
      Keep drinking orange cool-aid?
      Who says that?
      You're an idiot because most people on an AT&T iPhone perform faster than people on Verizon iPhone, network-wise.
      LTE is non-existent, it's more like 3.5G. Also Verizon's so-called "4G" drains the battery faster and it's quite pointless if your phone's battery sucks. Keep lying to yourself.

      Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
      You appear to have a hard time comprehending that AT&T does not have 3G coverage everywhere and that for those areas that don't, the performance is a joke. Like I tried to get across to you, in MY area, AT&T service is poor, therefore the reasonable alternative (to those that are not addicted to the orange kool-aid) is Verizon. You keep trying to change the parameters of your discussion points. First you imply that AT&T is better because of it's speed. When it is pointed out to you that there IS another format that is faster, you then change your tune. All that comes across is that you believe that AT&T is the end-all, be-all of cell phone communications providers. That's fine and dandy, glad your happy with them but there are enough others that can deal with reality to know that depending on location, different carriers will be better.
      I am through with this discussion with you, as one would have better luck telling a 3 year old to not touch the dog poop and getting them to comprehend it.