• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iDevice Users = Mobile Video Zombies



    According to video service provider FreeWheel, iDevice users have an insatiable hunger, and the only cure is more mobile videos.

    The company's Monetization Report keeps track of 10 billion video views, and analyzes what platform the videos were watched on (amongst other data). During the first quarter 30% of all videos analyzed were watched on iPods, another 30% were watched on iPhones, and another 20% were watched on iPads. Apples total market share of videos viewed equaled 80% of 10 billion video views. Android made up the remaining 20% of views.

    FreeWheel attributes Apple's dominance in the mobile video market to their dominance in the mobile device market around the world. That may be an obvious statement, but they also noted "Their user base has had these types of devices longest and tends to use them as much for media consumption as for communication."

    Apple's market dominance equates to developers distributing and optimizing their content for iOS devices first. The most popular type of content to be viewed was unsurprisingly news. Also, the highest viewing day for mobile video was Saturday and the lowest views per day occurred on Tuesday.

    It seems odd that people would view more mobile video on their days off. I guess we really are starting to view the world through a 3.5" window.

    Source: CNET
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iDevice Users = Mobile Video Zombies started by Phillip Swanson View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
    1. mlauth's Avatar
      mlauth -
      I watch 90% of my youtube videos on my iPhone now. If the screen bothers me i watch it on my iPad
    1. SkyMuffin's Avatar
      SkyMuffin -
      I'm really confused by this article. I mean, so what if Apple got 80% of the mobile video views? that doesn't give us any comparison for the entire online video market as a whole. Apple has some of the most popular mobile devices right now-- that's no secret. So what's the point of this exactly?
    1. ill_graphics's Avatar
      ill_graphics -
      According to what you wrote Apple total market share would be 90%, you state 30% for iPods, 30% for iPhones & 30% for iPads. I went to CNET & the iPad share is 20% which would equal out to 80%, so you might want to change that.