• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • 3G at launch?
    So we all know that a 3G iPhone is on its way, but it may well be at launch.

    Our source at Apple has confirmed that "all the repeaters installed at Apple stores are 3G capable." Could it be just smart on their part preparing for the future releases of the 3G one... or could be that they are ready to release a 3G device on the 29th?!?
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 3G at launch? started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 10 Comments
    1. JedixJarf's Avatar
      JedixJarf -
      The WCDMA might be in the hardware, but shipping with only EDGE Enabled, then later once the development team is finished working out 3G bugs, they could release a f/w update
    1. Cody Overcash's Avatar
      Cody Overcash -
      Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
      The WCDMA might be in the hardware, but shipping with only EDGE Enabled, then later once the development team is finished working out 3G bugs, they could release a f/w update

      that would be nice . . . so just apple stores and not att stores hmmmmm.
    1. Kyle Matthews's Avatar
      Kyle Matthews -
      Of course, only 1% of AT&T's customers have access to 3G. So why put it in there anyway?
    1. JedixJarf's Avatar
      JedixJarf -
      Exactly why i'm guessing the 1st gen doesn't have wcdma, it would be pointless to the majority of their customers.
    1. refulgentis's Avatar
      refulgentis -
      This would have to be released by the FCC already for it to be true, correct?
    1. JedixJarf's Avatar
      JedixJarf -
      Maybe.
    1. Cody Overcash's Avatar
      Cody Overcash -
      Quote Originally Posted by refulgentis View Post
      This would have to be released by the FCC already for it to be true, correct?
      good point
    1. ColsTiger's Avatar
      ColsTiger -
      Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
      So we all know that a 3G iPhone is on its way, but it may well be at launch.

      Our source at Apple has confirmed that "all the repeaters installed at Apple stores are 3G capable." Could it be just smart on their part preparing for the future releases of the 3G one... or could be that they are ready to release a 3G device on the 29th?!?
      Wouldn't that completely contradict the article Jedix posted yesterday?

      iPhone is King
    1. JedixJarf's Avatar
      JedixJarf -
      Quote Originally Posted by ColsTiger View Post
      Wouldn't that completely contradict the article Jedix posted yesterday?

      iPhone is King
      Yes it would, but hey, it would be nice
    1. ColsTiger's Avatar
      ColsTiger -
      Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
      Yes it would, but hey, it would be nice
      that's true, it would be nice.