• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Unlock 1.1.1 firmware FOR FREE AnySim 1.1
    The Dev Team has released anysim 1.1 which unlocks both 1.1.1 and 1.0.2 iPhone firmware. Note it will not fix baseband issues caused by the old version combined with an upgrade. To repair your baseband please follow This for Windows and This for OSX.

    download anysim 1.1
    mirror for anysim

    For all of you who have been holding off on paying iPhone SIM Free $60-$100, good news. The iPhone Dev Team has announced AnySIM 1.1. According to the announcement by netkas, the software has been tested with both 1.0.2 and 1.1.1. AnySIM offers a free unlocking solution for iPhone users and apparently, if I'm reading this correctly, does NOT fix baseband problems from earlier releases. This is meant for "virgin" locked phones only. Download your copy here. Be aware that as AnySIM works, it switches off your WiFi until you reboot. Also, this is NOT intended for phones that will be updated. Do not unlock 1.0.2 and then update to 1.1.1. Updating a locked 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 will relock your iPhone. The team is testing a 1.1.1 restore on 1.1.1 unlocks right now. Remember guys: although the software here has been tested to make sure it avoids corruption--it does not hurt NVRAM/seczone--it is very new and has not had a lot of field testing yet. Caveat hackteur.

    The team is now working on finishing the iPhone revirginizer that will safely revert your iPhone to its shipped (locked) state. You like? Buy the guys a beer or something. Nazdrovyeh!

    Update: The team says if you get a "failed to unlock" on 1.0.2, you're still probably unlocked. Reboot and give it a try.
    via tuaw

    thanks IriQuel
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Unlock 1.1.1 firmware FOR FREE AnySim 1.1 started by Cody Overcash View original post
    Comments 144 Comments
    1. croman's Avatar
      croman -
      Quote Originally Posted by volcom2218 View Post
      So if I have a brand new iPhone from Apple with 1.1.1, will this work?
      I bought my iphone over the weekend and it is version 1.1.1. I have been reading the stuff on here for a few days but I have been hesitant to try anything since everything refers to 1.0.2.

      Then today I saw this.. I would like to unlock the capabilities of my phone but I will be honest, I am not sure what to do with this anysim.

      It comes in the .app format so I know that I must do something first.

      So.. if I have a brand new 1.1.1 phone, what are the steps that I need to do in order to unlock my phone?

      Thanks in advance
    1. romeo0119's Avatar
      romeo0119 -
      Too many lost and confused souls here. So let me try to make it easier for everyone.

      1. If you have a brand new out of the box 1.1.1 from apple. You can jailbreak/activate with the newest independen and run anysim 1.1

      2. If you have a 1.0.2 and have used ANY of the FREE unlock program, you can either wait for the dev team to release a virginize program then update to 1.1.1 (or if you want to use cash guide to virginize your phone and update to 1.1.1 and try to unlock it, hopefully it wont brick your phone, if it does please let us know so we dont brick our as well )

      3. If you have 1.0.2 but never unlock, please go ahead and update
    1. Cody Overcash's Avatar
      Cody Overcash -
      Quote Originally Posted by romeo0119 View Post
      Too many lost and confused souls here. So let me try to make it easier for everyone.

      1. If you have a brand new out of the box 1.1.1 from apple. You can jailbreak/activate with the newest independen and run anysim 1.1

      2. If you have a 1.0.2 and have used ANY of the FREE unlock program, you can either wait for the dev team to release a virginize program then update to 1.1.1 (or if you want to use cash guide to virginize your phone and update to 1.1.1 and try to unlock it, hopefully it wont brick your phone, if it does please let us know so we dont brick our as well )

      3. If you have 1.0.2 but never unlock, please go ahead and update
      It doesnt brick your phone if you follow the directions . . . done it over 15 times now . . . if the directions are too complicated or confusing please don't even try . . .
    1. spurlock's Avatar
      spurlock -
      i would love to know this too, i want my beautiful 3rd party apps i have at&t so all i want is to jailbreak it :-)1.1.1 thanks for the info. ps i have 1.0.2 now
    1. moose1226's Avatar
      moose1226 -
      I'm using a never-updated, 1.0.2 unlocked phone...

      I've followed the cash guide to virginize my phone, but now I have the IMEI issue where 004999... comes up. I'm sure I can get back the correct IMEI number if I use anysim to unlock 1.0.2, but if I update to 1.1.1 and then use anysim, will I be able to get back the correct IMEI number?
    1. jaws01's Avatar
      jaws01 -
      I have one question about this new anySIM unlock.

      I downgraded the firmware to 1.0.2.
      I have installer app on it and the new anySIM unlock app on it also.
      I have uploaded the lockdownd file from the old unlock

      the modem firmware is 04.01.13_G

      So can I just run the anySIM unlock 1.1.1. ??

      thanks
    1. romeo0119's Avatar
      romeo0119 -
      So cash, u have a 1.0.2 phone that was unlock with anysim and u virginize it and update to 1.1.1. And use anysim 1.1 to unlock it. So you have 1.1.1 unlock and running? I have succesfully downgrade 3 iphone using your guide, mine how ever is on 1.0.2 and i used anysim. I'm still waiting for the dev team to release the "virginizer"
    1. vertu's Avatar
      vertu -
      DevTeam will be the name of my first-born.
    1. Cody Overcash's Avatar
      Cody Overcash -
      Quote Originally Posted by romeo0119 View Post
      So cash, u have a 1.0.2 phone that was unlock with anysim and u virginize it and update to 1.1.1. And use anysim 1.1 to unlock it. So you have 1.1.1 unlock and running? I have succesfully downgrade 3 iphone using your guide, mine how ever is on 1.0.2 and i used anysim. I'm still waiting for the dev team to release the "virginizer"
      huh no havent bothered with anysim yet. yes I have had a 1.0.2 phone, gone up to 1.1.1 downgraded, restored baseband, upgraded back to 1.1.1, loaded the 3.14 baseband on a 1.1.1 phone, and unlocked with old anysim.

      This would be the exact same . . . minus the second baseband restore. it really isn't tough to do. Takes me about 2 mins (in addition to waiting for the phone to restore ia itunes)



      I'll put up something for unlocking with this version of anysim for all ya'll that are confused
    1. yoblak's Avatar
      yoblak -
      Im using windows, and i have a brand new 1.1.1 phone, so do i still have to wait for a windows version of independece, then use the new anysim or is there another procedure for this operation.

      thanks.

      if this works im gonna go buy like two more and slang em! lol
      peace
    1. bst's Avatar
      bst -
      it works for my iphone 1.1.1 but just till i reeboot.. after anysim 1.1..changing the card to a vodaphone card, everything works fine.. wifi.. CALLS etc but after the first reboot its back to it org state and does not accept the vodaphone card.. after running anysim 1.1 again it quotes"cant unlock this card..whats wrong ?
    1. Vixter's Avatar
      Vixter -
      I have the same question as Jaws01.
      - I purchased the phone with 1.1.1 and 04.01.13_G Baseband
      - I downgraded phone to 1.0.2 with 04.01.13_G Baseband
      - I've unlocked the phone and currently using it for the apps/Wi-Fi and such since I cannot use my Sim Card (After running anySim).
      - I believe my IMEI Numbers on the phone do not match the factory numbers anymore. (If that makes any sense)
      - I've used iTunes 7.4+ to do all my unlocking so far and been using iBricker & used PACAY (Used a tutorial on YouTube)

      Can I run this new version of anySim 1.1 to help unlock the Sim card issue without re-updating to version 1.1.1 ? or Will I have to wait for this Virginizer tool to come come out.

      Thanks and I really appreciate the help of the community thus far for the iPhone.

      Thanks,
    1. romeo0119's Avatar
      romeo0119 -
      Ok i got what you're saying cash, im gona test it on one of my customer phone hahaha, right now the phone is on 1.0.2, it was unlock using anysim, so i just virginize it, upgrade to 1.1.1. Jailbreak/activate and downgrade bb to 1.0.2 and just run anysim again right.
    1. iNfEk's Avatar
      iNfEk -
      the baseband fix didn't work for my phone. I've tried it numerous times and with numerous computers. I'm not sure why this ins't working but this sucks.

      Well maybe I cannot say this completely. The weird part is that rarely I'll get the signal bars and have completely 1 or two calls. afterwards nothing. this is on AT&T service and I HAD to use the AnySIM program but none the less still not working

      I'm just glad they came out with a 1.1.1 unlock.
    1. bst's Avatar
      bst -
      it works for my iphone 1.1.1 but just till i reeboot.. after anysim 1.1..changing the card to a vodaphone card, everything works fine.. wifi.. CALLS etc but after the first reboot its back to it org state and does not accept the vodaphone card.. after running anysim 1.1 again it quotes"cant unlock this card..whats wrong ?
    1. dbrown0690's Avatar
      dbrown0690 -
      Simple question: will there ever be a way of repairing the baseband if you unlocked with anySIM then tried to upgrade? I trusted one of the tutorials on this site (the one this thread points to, actually) and wouldn't you know that using anySIM was a part of that "prep" phase. I had no intention of ever unlocking my phone as AT&T is adequate for my needs now and I understand the risks. Since the tutorial expressly condoned it, I thought it was a solid step to take. I certainly trusted the dev team not to instruct me to use an upgrade prep Wiki that placed my phone in this crippled state. Let me clarify that I got it working again after about 16 hours of banging on it but I don't knowf I will ever be able to upgrade the software because of this. Ahh, the steep cost of being impatient. I knew I should have waited one more week. Just be honest, is the dev team working on helping us lemmings or will I be forced to buy a new phone at the next upgrade phase? Thanks.
      David
    1. Cody Overcash's Avatar
      Cody Overcash -
      sigh. same question over and over. you don't have to wait for a virginizer tool if you'll take 15 mins and educate yourself about downgrading the baseband. Look through the news forum for downgrade baseband . . .

      if you are scared to type on the command line (what this virginizer tool will be essentially be doing) then yes you need to wait for someone to package into a nice gui to make it real easy for ya.

      I'm out of this thread . . . . I can tell it's going to be one of those same question for 50 pages threads

      SEARCH AND READ THE FORUMS :P
    1. jeetu610's Avatar
      jeetu610 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
      huh no havent bothered with anysim yet. yes I have had a 1.0.2 phone, gone up to 1.1.1 downgraded, restored baseband, upgraded back to 1.1.1, loaded the 3.14 baseband on a 1.1.1 phone, and unlocked with old anysim.
      Cash, after you have done this, can you sync and make calls after your restart the phone?

      I can only use the phone features if I use the 1.0.2 lockdownd file and can only sync if I use the 1.1.1 lockdownd file.

      I could boot with the 1.0.2 lockdown get the phone working and then load the 1.1.1 lockdown to sync, but after you restart the phone you have to do everything again, so is there any other way out to this?
    1. Pl4ter's Avatar
      Pl4ter -
      wow..great news...too bad my iphone is not virginized...need to wait for the dev team to keep working!
    1. jaws01's Avatar
      jaws01 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Vixter View Post
      I have the same question as Jaws01.
      - I purchased the phone with 1.1.1 and 04.01.13_G Baseband
      - I downgraded phone to 1.0.2 with 04.01.13_G Baseband
      - I've unlocked the phone and currently using it for the apps/Wi-Fi and such since I cannot use my Sim Card (After running anySim).
      - I believe my IMEI Numbers on the phone do not match the factory numbers anymore. (If that makes any sense)
      - I've used iTunes 7.4+ to do all my unlocking so far and been using iBricker & used PACAY (Used a tutorial on YouTube)

      Can I run this new version of anySim 1.1 to help unlock the Sim card issue without re-updating to version 1.1.1 ? or Will I have to wait for this Virginizer tool to come come out.

      Thanks and I really appreciate the help of the community thus far for the iPhone.

      Thanks,

      I took the risk and ran the new anySIM with a firmware of 1.0.2 and modem firmware of 04.01.13_G
      and it worked.