• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Free Unlock running 1.1.1 with a 1.0.2 baseband
    you saw it on mmi first. Free unlock for 1.1.1

    Using bits and pieces of some guides here on mmi JedixJarf has confirmed free unlocking running 1.1.1

    First you need to virginize your iphone.

    OSX
    Windows

    next you need to get 1.1.1 jailbroken and running ssh and bsd installed and your phone activated on 1.1.1

    OSX
    Windows

    Then just downgrade the baseband only, then unlock

    OSX Step 10 through 17
    Windows



    You may not want to try this until the method has been perfected. If you don't know what you're doing don't Try this. It works, but if you mess up at all you will corrupt the baseband beyond repair. If you are patient you can wait until The Dev Team updates anysim to work on the 1.1.1 or another 1.1.1 app is created
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Free Unlock running 1.1.1 with a 1.0.2 baseband started by Cody Overcash View original post
    Comments 272 Comments
    1. Stevonw's Avatar
      Stevonw -
      PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME

      I'm stuck with the 2nd last part

      and yes i had an unlocked v1.02 iPhone unlocked via anySIM and so far everything is working.

      I am however stuck on THE BSD PART

      Can someone please help me ????????
    1. bkbiggs's Avatar
      bkbiggs -
      I was not using the one from the link - i got corruption messages when I tried to unpack them. I mounted a ramdisk from the unpacked files from the ipsw file, and pulled the eep and fls from there (and gen'd a secpack from the files). I have rebooted my mac, and am still getting a error during extract - I'll try it a couple of different ways...
    1. Stevonw's Avatar
      Stevonw -
      yay i got the BSD part done following a different guide
    1. TK1147's Avatar
      TK1147 -
      Thanks Cash great Job !!!

      I'm a little stuck on the BSD part, but I'll wait to be complete as the others.
    1. Cody Overcash's Avatar
      Cody Overcash -
      yes the bsd and activation guides for osx should be complete tonight (when I get home from work, relax a bit, and work up the energy )

      also a full step by step 1.1.1 unlock guide for osx should be up shortly after that
    1. bkbiggs's Avatar
      bkbiggs -
      Ok, unzipped with a windows box (sorry folks!) and moved the files over, the erase worked much better. flash worked... anySIMing now, as it didn't recognize my ATT sim when I restarted...

      and I have my carrier back! Thanks CASH!
    1. ratik's Avatar
      ratik -
      Some one plz help me with the activate stage. all the rest is done but im stuck here. i know ill sound like a fool saying so but i dont know how to perform the following steps:

      "Back up v1.1.1's lockdownd:
      cp /usr/libexec/lockdownd /var/root/lockdownd.1.1.1

      Now overwrite the iPhone's copy with your old v1.0.2 copy:

      cp /var/root/lockdownd.1.0.2 /usr/libexec/lockdownd"

      plz help me im stck here.....

      thanku

      ratik
    1. Stevonw's Avatar
      Stevonw -
      Quote Originally Posted by ratik View Post
      Some one plz help me with the activate stage. all the rest is done but im stuck here. i know ill sound like a fool saying so but i dont know how to perform the following steps:

      "Back up v1.1.1's lockdownd:
      cp /usr/libexec/lockdownd /var/root/lockdownd.1.1.1

      Now overwrite the iPhone's copy with your old v1.0.2 copy:

      cp /var/root/lockdownd.1.0.2 /usr/libexec/lockdownd"

      plz help me im stck here.....

      thanku

      ratik
      I was at about to ask the exact same thing Ratik, its the final stage for us both and i'm in the same boat as you, clueless on how to do this lol
    1. bkbiggs's Avatar
      bkbiggs -
      Ratik, you need to issue those commands in the ssh terminal window you have opened to your iphone (if I'm not mistaken).
    1. Gazoo's Avatar
      Gazoo -
      Stevonw

      Well, do you have a working 1.1.1 unlock?
    1. ratik's Avatar
      ratik -
      Quote Originally Posted by bkbiggs View Post
      Ratik, you need to issue those commands in the ssh terminal window you have opened to your iphone (if I'm not mistaken).
      thanx for ritin in bkbiggs but i dont seem to able to know what command to rite in terminal and under what state - hope this makes sense - i mean do i have to change the directory or copy n paste and if it is the latter then i tried that but to no avail.....
    1. Stevonw's Avatar
      Stevonw -
      Quote Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
      Stevonw

      Well, do you have a working 1.1.1 unlock?
      I am at the same stage as ratik. At the last stage, where the instructions are vague and i fail to understand them
    1. ratik's Avatar
      ratik -
      Quote Originally Posted by bkbiggs View Post
      Ratik, you need to issue those commands in the ssh terminal window you have opened to your iphone (if I'm not mistaken).
      this is what my terminal scree looks like on running that command....let me know what am i doing wrong plz


      Last login: Sat Oct 13 00:30:06 on ttys001
      Macintosh:~ Ratik$ cp /usr/libexec/lockdownd /var/root/lockdownd.1.1.1
      cp: /var/root/lockdownd.1.1.1: Permission denied
      Macintosh:~ Ratik$
    1. bkbiggs's Avatar
      bkbiggs -
      You will need the ip address of your iPhone - check the instructions at the start of this thread. From where you are at you will need to run the command:

      ssh -l root

      you will get prompted about the fact that you are doing unsafe things and people can sniff you, and other dire warnings... followed by a yes/no prompt. Type "yes" without the quotes.

      Then you'll need to enter your root password for the iphone - the default is: dottie

      at that point, you should have a terminal session open to the iphone.

      If ssh doesn't work, you need to make sure you've already installed the OpenSSH package (I'm assuming you are using apptap to put the installer app on your iphone..) and the BSD Utilities.

      Does that help?
    1. Stevonw's Avatar
      Stevonw -
      Quote Originally Posted by bkbiggs View Post
      You will need the ip address of your iPhone - check the instructions at the start of this thread. From where you are at you will need to run the command:

      ssh -l root

      you will get prompted about the fact that you are doing unsafe things and people can sniff you, and other dire warnings... followed by a yes/no prompt. Type "yes" without the quotes.

      Then you'll need to enter your root password for the iphone - the default is: dottie

      at that point, you should have a terminal session open to the iphone.

      If ssh doesn't work, you need to make sure you've already installed the OpenSSH package (I'm assuming you are using apptap to put the installer app on your iphone..) and the BSD Utilities.

      Does that help?
      what lol? this is 1.1.1 were talking about - the instructions & methods are dif and the password is now alpine
    1. ratik's Avatar
      ratik -
      ok i did ssh in to my phone and got this

      "Macintosh:~ Ratik$ ssh -l root 192.168.2.113
      [email protected]'s password:
      -sh-3.2# cp /usr/libexec/lockdownd /var/root/lockdownd.1.1.1
      -sh-3.2#
      " now what do i do????

      and i have come to this stage after installing the bsd and ssh mentioned in the thread posted here....basically i have jailbreaked just cant activate 1.1.1
    1. Stevonw's Avatar
      Stevonw -
      Quote Originally Posted by ratik View Post
      ok i did ssh in to my phone and got this

      "Macintosh:~ Ratik$ ssh -l root 192.168.2.113
      [email protected]'s password:
      -sh-3.2# cp /usr/libexec/lockdownd /var/root/lockdownd.1.1.1
      -sh-3.2#
      " now what do i do????

      and i have come to this stage after installing the bsd and ssh mentioned in the thread posted here....basically i have jailbreaked just cant activate 1.1.1
      thats where ive been at for the past 40 mins, not sure if it actually copys or, if it does then where does it go :P ?
    1. ratik's Avatar
      ratik -
      man some images would have been a treat in the activation stage....
    1. Stevonw's Avatar
      Stevonw -
      Quote Originally Posted by ratik View Post
      man some images would have been a treat in the activation stage....
      Give cash a break, he said he would do it last tonight if he has time.

      He sorted it all out and got us this far
    1. ratik's Avatar
      ratik -
      i agree....just that im in india and its 1.30 in the morning here...... but ill wait