• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iPod Touch / iPhone 1.1.1 Firmware Decrypted
    "Very late tonight (or early, depending on your timezone), we were able to decrypt the iTouch/iPhone 1.1.x ramdisks. We are proud to announce the md5 of the asr binary from the 1.1.1 iPhone image, as proof that we do indeed have access to it: 358bf0bd1f1024ed25fa69ced23dab90
    As for the actual key, it's sure to pop up in the next few days, keep your eyes peeled.
    It's been a long month with many distractions, but we are finally breathing a sigh of relief as we work towards the release our own iTouch jailbreak solution, as well as expediting the process of unbricking 1.1.1 phones that were renedered unable use their SIMs after running AnySIM on mobileOSX 1.0.2. Contrary to claims made by the so-called "elite" iphone development group, we are indeed very dedicated to getting a free and workable solution out to the general public. At the very least, a baseband downgrader should be possible. We understand your frustration, and please don't think for a second that we've forgotten you."


    TouchDev via TUAW

    To anticipate all your questions:

    NO, THIS IS NOT AN UNLOCK, BUT IT IS MUCH CLOSER.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iPod Touch / iPhone 1.1.1 Firmware Decrypted started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 31 Comments
    1. Bernie-Mac's Avatar
      Bernie-Mac -
      Does this mean an updated AppTapp is that much closer to release?
    1. thebambino's Avatar
      thebambino -
      its great to hear this especially coming from them
    1. aziatiklover's Avatar
      aziatiklover -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
      Does this mean an updated AppTapp is that much closer to release?
      hopefully
    1. Bernie-Mac's Avatar
      Bernie-Mac -
      there isnt some kind of website where we can track the progress of a 1.1.1 apptapp right? We just have to wait till they release it?
    1. CD65's Avatar
      CD65 -
      Excellent news from some very dedicated people! There are no words to express the depth of our gratitude!
    1. Kyle Matthews's Avatar
      Kyle Matthews -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
      Does this mean an updated AppTapp is that much closer to release?
      Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
      there isnt some kind of website where we can track the progress of a 1.1.1 apptapp right? We just have to wait till they release it?
      *sigh*

      When an updated AppTapp is released, you guys will know. We post news as it happens. And if you keep asking in every thread, devs are only gonna get more annoyed.
    1. thebambino's Avatar
      thebambino -
      yeah its true man ive been sitting for like 3 weeks now waiting but im not worried i know it will happen you just have to wait till its all figures out then every thing will be perfect and back to normal
    1. Bernie-Mac's Avatar
      Bernie-Mac -
      Well if they encrypted the software than an apptapp has to be....jk ok im sorry im just a little anxious
    1. jedinight's Avatar
      jedinight -
      at least we well have a true 1.1.1 jaibreak,no downgrading.!!!
    1. Bernie-Mac's Avatar
      Bernie-Mac -
      Quote Originally Posted by jjgsxr883 View Post
      at least we well have a true 1.1.1 jaibreak,no downgrading.!!!
      YEah, i thought downgrading was a little iffy but now we dont have to
    1. studio.tech's Avatar
      studio.tech -
      I need iFuntastic version 4 ASAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,P LEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PL EASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE
    1. rottdog's Avatar
      rottdog -
      i'm sorry PF for asking stupid questions , i may not know what a jailbreak is according to my forum name , but i know .. "I LOVE YOU MAN" lol , we all appreciate the work you guys do and if i knew a damn thing about coding or any programing languages , i'd be tryin to help , but when it comes to that stuff , i'm dumber than Ms South Carolina
    1. Cody Overcash's Avatar
      Cody Overcash -
      Quote Originally Posted by rottdog View Post
      i'm sorry PF for asking stupid questions , i may not know what a jailbreak is according to my forum name , but i know .. "I LOVE YOU MAN" lol , we all appreciate the work you guys do and if i knew a damn thing about coding or any programing languages , i'd be tryin to help , but when it comes to that stuff , i'm dumber than Ms South Carolina
      That's not true, ms south carolina hasn't figured out how to activate her account here yet . . . wish she would stop emailing me
    1. mtwiford's Avatar
      mtwiford -
      Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
      *sigh*

      When an updated AppTapp is released, you guys will know. We post news as it happens. And if you keep asking in every thread, devs are only gonna get more annoyed.
      You know I dont think that I could have said it any better than that. Im already annoyed!!!
    1. rottdog's Avatar
      rottdog -
      hahaha , yeah she can get annoying but she is damn hot , so i give her a little extra slack than i would give a normal person , but only a little
    1. mtwiford's Avatar
      mtwiford -
      Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
      That's not true, ms south carolina hasn't figured out how to activate her account here yet . . . wish she would stop emailing me
      LOL..........Just ask here a question about world peace or something, she will stop.....
    1. bshrumblue's Avatar
      bshrumblue -
      So this means that i can take my apptaped 1.0.2 phone, upgrade to 1.1.1 and run this new version of apptap (when it comes out) and keep all my current third party software on there without having to redownload all of them? Sorry this was just bugging me all day.
    1. Bernie-Mac's Avatar
      Bernie-Mac -
      Quote Originally Posted by bshrumblue View Post
      So this means that i can take my apptaped 1.0.2 phone, upgrade to 1.1.1 and run this new version of apptap (when it comes out) and keep all my current third party software on there without having to redownload all of them? Sorry this was just bugging me all day.
      Im pretty sure you'll have to re-download them because you have to restore your iphone to update and they have to fix some of the important apps like customize and rsbt for use with 1.1.1
    1. mtwiford's Avatar
      mtwiford -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
      Im pretty sure you'll have to re-download them because you have to restore your iphone to update and they have to fix some of the important apps like customize and rsbt for use with 1.1.1
      Yes, this is crucial, listen or you will be doing the entire process over again. You MUST do a 1.0.2 restore even if you currently are using the 1.0.2 firmware. If you do not, your apps will show up on the installer like they are installed by they will not be visible and you cant uninstall some of the things becuase it gives you an error. You must restore then reload your apps once you have jailbroken 1.1.1
    1. nevarDeath's Avatar
      nevarDeath -
      I just can't wait for the time when we can edit the firmwares! Make our own cutsom firmwares That will be cool!