• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 POSSIBLE NOW!
    KMAC over at hackint0sh has found a way to downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2. Here's the skinny:
    • Start iTunes and plug in your iPhone which is running the 1.1.1 firmware.
    • Hold down the Sleep and Home button for 10 seconds. Allow the phone to power off, but keep holding down the buttons. After 10 seconds, let go of the Sleep button, but keep the Home button pressed until iTunes sees your iPhone. The screen on your iPhone should be displaying nothing right now.
    • iTunes will ask you if you want to restorea. Hold down Option or Alt, I forget which (Shift if you are in Windows), and click restore. When iTunes asks you what file you would like to restore from, navigate to your 1.0.2 folder. You may have to rename that file to .zip and uncompress it. It will begin to restore.
    • When it completes, you will get an error. The iPhone will display the yellow triangle on the screen. Leave iTunes open, and run AppTapp. This may give you an error, but you should see the "Activate iPhone" screen after.
    • Run AppTapp again. If the iPhone isn't being recognized, restart the computer and then run AppTapp for the second time.
    • Congrats! You now have 1.0.2 again! iNdependence and all other modding apps will now work.
    This has been verified with iTunes 7.4.3.1.

    Wiki here.

    hackint0sh

    UPDATE: Not confirmed yet, but for those having the "incorrect SIM" issue after dowgrading, try this (thanks, Doerr)

    Just turn off the phone, take out the SIM card, turn it on, and when its done put it back in.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 POSSIBLE NOW! started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 238 Comments
    1. Yaro_TS's Avatar
      Yaro_TS -
      Thanks
      it's work!
    1. RANE2001's Avatar
      RANE2001 -
      i AM ABOUT TO THROW THIS PHONE OUT THE WINDOW. I have tried to hold the sleep and power button and once it goes black I release the sleep and hold the home but nothing happens the screen just goes black. my phone restored back to its original state but when I try to get it to restore again it wont do this please help.
    1. STALKER's Avatar
      STALKER -
      Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
      You need to delete your current password for iphone (If you have one) and in cyber duck for USER NAME: root PASSWORD: dottie
      your iphones IP adress and port 22 then search. THEN YOUR DONE!!
      I didn't have a password, and I followed those steps, but still got an error with Cyberduck.
      I will try it again tonight, hopefully it works.
      Thanks for your help.
    1. McGeeTM's Avatar
      McGeeTM -
      ive tryed about 100 times, and apptapp gives me this error, every time...is there a certain way to run apptapp?

      do i need to do anything before running apptapp, like install anything on the iphone such as ibrickr or anything?

      im using windows xp BTW

    1. KiDDMaFF5646's Avatar
      KiDDMaFF5646 -
      Quote Originally Posted by McGeeTM View Post
      ive tryed about 100 times, and apptapp gives me this error, every time...is there a certain way to run apptapp?

      do i need to do anything before running apptapp, like install anything on the iphone such as ibrickr or anything?

      im using windows xp BTW
      u dont need ibrickr!! if u followed all the steps correctly, after apptap gives u that message "seding to iphone failed" hit ok and run apptap one more time u should be good to go.
    1. RANE2001's Avatar
      RANE2001 -
      ok after a few tries I was able to restore my iPhone. now I get "incorrect sim this iphone must be used with an approved sim" and no service. Ihave tried to power it off and on, remove and reinsert my sim card and nothing.
    1. patman's Avatar
      patman -
      Quote Originally Posted by jimmie geddes View Post
      I was having the same exact problems. I followed Engadget's video, and after I watched it I got my iPhone back to 1.0.2. You also need to run apptap. Watch the video, it helped me do it right.

      http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/29/i...ions-released/
      yea thanks, i know what i was doing wrong. i held the sleep button too long and waited to release the home button when the pic on the iphone displayed the "cd and cable picture". After i corrected that mistake it worked like a charm.
    1. shiz_600rr's Avatar
      shiz_600rr -
      I got the incorrect sim error also after the update. I also just got off the phone with an Apple support and they told me that I need to take my sim card and activate with on another iphone and after the activation is done, to put my sim card back on my iphone and the phone should start working 100%. Has anyone tried that yet?
    1. yowiphone's Avatar
      yowiphone -
      Do anyone still remember the turbo sim method im not sure if its gonna work now but its worth a shot.

      Quote Originally Posted by shiz_600rr View Post
      I got the incorrect sim error also after the update. I also just got off the phone with an Apple support and they told me that I need to take my sim card and activate with on another iphone and after the activation is done, to put my sim card back on my iphone and the phone should start working 100%. Has anyone tried that yet?
      Do you use AT&T sim?
    1. DoerrFan's Avatar
      DoerrFan -
      Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
      KMAC over at hackint0sh has found a way to downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2. Here's the skinny:
      • Start iTunes and plug in your iPhone which is running the 1.1.1 firmware.
      • Hold down the Sleep and Home button for 10 seconds. Allow the phone to power off, but keep holding down the buttons. After 10 seconds, let go of the Sleep button, but keep the Home button pressed until iTunes sees your iPhone. The screen on your iPhone should be displaying nothing right now.
      • iTunes will ask you if you want to restorea. Hold down Option or Alt, I forget which (Shift if you are in Windows), and click restore. When iTunes asks you what file you would like to restore from, navigate to your 1.0.2 folder. You may have to rename that file to .zip and uncompress it. It will begin to restore.
      • When it completes, you will get an error. The iPhone will display the yellow triangle on the screen. Leave iTunes open, and run AppTapp. This may give you an error, but you should see the "Activate iPhone" screen after.
      • Run AppTapp again. If the iPhone isn't being recognized, restart the computer and then run AppTapp for the second time.
      • Congrats! You now have 1.0.2 again! iNdependence and all other modding apps will now work.
      This has been verified with iTunes 7.4.3.1.

      Wiki here.

      hackint0sh

      UPDATE: Not confirmed yet, but for those having the "incorrect SIM" issue after dowgrading, try this (thanks, Doerr)
      Haha thanks for putting me on the top page, i feel special but i was referring to someone asking how to change his IMEI back to normal.
    1. Murfunit's Avatar
      Murfunit -
      Quote Originally Posted by RANE2001 View Post
      i AM ABOUT TO THROW THIS PHONE OUT THE WINDOW. I have tried to hold the sleep and power button and once it goes black I release the sleep and hold the home but nothing happens the screen just goes black. my phone restored back to its original state but when I try to get it to restore again it wont do this please help.
      Thats what its supposed to do.

      It does not show the restore screen. iTunes sees it abyway though (if you time it right)
    1. yowiphone's Avatar
      yowiphone -
      Does anyone know anyone that works in an AT&T store?
    1. McGeeTM's Avatar
      McGeeTM -
      Quote Originally Posted by KiDDMaFF5646 View Post
      u dont need ibrickr!! if u followed all the steps correctly, after apptap gives u that message "seding to iphone failed" hit ok and run apptap one more time u should be good to go.
      well it seems that even when i run the program with the iphone not even connected, it STOPS right at the same point as if it was displaying the same error, this is not the correct error...i should atleast be getting all the files copied as well, not half way threw...


      does it matter where apptapp is placed?
    1. DoerrFan's Avatar
      DoerrFan -
      Noticed something here, when i changed my IMEI back to normal from the "lockdown" IMEI, iTunes says I can't use my iPhone with it because the IMEI is incorrect.
    1. danimsta's Avatar
      danimsta -
      had mine upgraded to 1.1.1 with my mac

      followed the instructions and it worked perfectly....
    1. yowiphone's Avatar
      yowiphone -
      DOes anyone know if the TURBO sim method will unlock an iphone because the turbo sim tricks the iphone by pretending tis using AT&T sim.
    1. RANE2001's Avatar
      RANE2001 -
      well I tried everything even getting a new sim and same deal :-(
    1. moby2112's Avatar
      moby2112 -
      I followed the instruction provided and it worked like a charm.
    1. yowiphone's Avatar
      yowiphone -
      The TURBO SIM method.
    1. RANE2001's Avatar
      RANE2001 -
      whats the turbo sim method? I tried a search and got nothing please help