Firmware 1.1.1 was released today. Features include:
• iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store
• Louder speakerphone and receiver volume
• Home Button double-click shortcut to phone favorites or music controls
• Space bar double-tap shortcut to intelligently insert period and space
• Mail attachments are viewable in portrait and landscape
• Stocks and cities in Stocks and Weather can be re-ordered
• Apple Bluetooth Headset battery status in the Status Bar
• Support for TV Out
• Preference to turn off EDGE/GPRS when roaming internationally
• New Passcode lock time intervals
• Adjustable alert volume
If you are the owner of an unlocked iPhone, DO NOT UPDATE until we have a viable solution for either relocking and then unlocking after the update, or doing the update without bricking your iPhone. Updating an unlocked iPhone currently WILL BRICK your iPhone.
- If you have an unlocked phone, but are using AT&T, updating will NOT brick your iPhone, but you will have to get a new SIM card, as the iPhone will display an incorrect SIM message.
- If you have an unlocked iPhone, and are running a carrier OTHER than AT&T, updating will NOT brick your iPhone, but it WILL relock your iPhone, and no existing methods will unlock again, so DON'T UPDATE YET.
- If you have an iPhone LOCKED TO AT&T still, updating your iPhone will work fine. If you have installed 3rd party apps, they will be gone, and no existing methods will reinstall them.
- No, the developers of the software modding apps have NOT updated their apps within the past 2 hours. When they do you will be notified with a new News story.