• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • 1.1.1 Released


    Firmware 1.1.1 was released today. Features include:

    iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store
    Louder speakerphone and receiver volume
    Home Button double-click shortcut to phone favorites or music controls
    Space bar double-tap shortcut to intelligently insert period and space
    Mail attachments are viewable in portrait and landscape
    Stocks and cities in Stocks and Weather can be re-ordered
    Apple Bluetooth Headset battery status in the Status Bar
    Support for TV Out
    Preference to turn off EDGE/GPRS when roaming internationally
    New Passcode lock time intervals
    Adjustable alert volume

    If you are the owner of an unlocked iPhone, DO NOT UPDATE until we have a viable solution for either relocking and then unlocking after the update, or doing the update without bricking your iPhone. Updating an unlocked iPhone currently WILL BRICK your iPhone.

    The Basics:
    • If you have an unlocked phone, but are using AT&T, updating will NOT brick your iPhone, but you will have to get a new SIM card, as the iPhone will display an incorrect SIM message.
    • If you have an unlocked iPhone, and are running a carrier OTHER than AT&T, updating will NOT brick your iPhone, but it WILL relock your iPhone, and no existing methods will unlock again, so DON'T UPDATE YET.
    • If you have an iPhone LOCKED TO AT&T still, updating your iPhone will work fine. If you have installed 3rd party apps, they will be gone, and no existing methods will reinstall them.
    • No, the developers of the software modding apps have NOT updated their apps within the past 2 hours. When they do you will be notified with a new News story.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 1.1.1 Released started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 740 Comments
    1. tsunami78's Avatar
      tsunami78 -
      I know it's only been a couple of days, but I was wondering if any of the hackers/developers out there trying to get jailbreaking to work again have made any headway. I skimmed through this monster of a thread, and couldn't find anything but speculation.

      In any case I'm sure we would all love an update if someone has made any progress! I would really like to update to 1.1.1, but I value my mods more than iTunes and a few minor bug fixes.

      Cheers,
      Jason
    1. xxjoebreadxx's Avatar
      xxjoebreadxx -
      Oh, sorry about that then. I read it somwhere on digg
    1. ltsmash's Avatar
      ltsmash -
      Quote Originally Posted by tsunami78 View Post
      I know it's only been a couple of days, but I was wondering if any of the hackers/developers out there trying to get jailbreaking to work again have made any headway. I skimmed through this monster of a thread, and couldn't find anything but speculation.

      In any case I'm sure we would all love an update if someone has made any progress! I would really like to update to 1.1.1, but I value my mods more than iTunes and a few minor bug fixes.

      Cheers,
      Jason
      there's nothing new to report. enjoy 1.0.2 or your iBrick.
    1. red_pill's Avatar
      red_pill -
      Quote Originally Posted by xxjoebreadxx View Post
      Oh, sorry about that then. I read it somwhere on digg
      Hey Joe, im about to try unlocking my NEW from the box iphone in about 20 mins, and try option restore with 1.0.2, I only have 1 doubt that i dont see in the tutorial, all the steps are done without a SIM card in the iphone, right?

      Thx
    1. vette802's Avatar
      vette802 -
      Quote Originally Posted by red_pill View Post
      Hey Joe, im about to try unlocking my NEW from the box iphone in about 20 mins, and try option restore with 1.0.2, I only have 1 doubt that i dont see in the tutorial, all the steps are done without a SIM card in the iphone, right?

      Thx
      yeah its done without a sim but if you havent downloaded 1.0.2 already its too late
    1. Jdbwood's Avatar
      Jdbwood -
      Last Night I Updated My Iphone With The Latest Software And Bricked It. I Tried Unlockin My Phone About 2 Weeks Ago But Could Not Get The Unlock To Work. So I Restored It And Waited To See If I Could Get Someone To Activate My Iphone With There At&t Account. I Went Today To The Apple Store And They Denied Me Any Warranty Because They Said The Phone Had Been Unlock. I Argueed With Them Sayin I Never Had It Unlock Etc. Then They Told Me The Iphone Will Never Work Again. If I Get A Normal Unactivated At&t Sim Card Will The Incorrect Sim Message Disappear Cause I Just Ant To Activate It With At&t I Paid $400 And Now I Cant Even Use It With At&t!! Someone Please Help!
    1. red_pill's Avatar
      red_pill -
      Quote Originally Posted by vette802 View Post
      yeah its done without a sim but if you havent downloaded 1.0.2 already its too late
      Its on my desktop, look:

    1. vette802's Avatar
      vette802 -
      Quote Originally Posted by red_pill View Post
      Its on my desktop, look:

      if you already have it then your fine but just dont do the 1.1.1 update
    1. red_pill's Avatar
      red_pill -
      Quote Originally Posted by vette802 View Post
      if you already have it then your fine but just dont do the 1.1.1 update
      Yeah, even if I didn't have it, you can download it still from some sites.. why too late?

      cheers
    1. rianbattle's Avatar
      rianbattle -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jdbwood View Post
      Last Night I Updated My Iphone With The Latest Software And Bricked It. I Tried Unlockin My Phone About 2 Weeks Ago But Could Not Get The Unlock To Work. So I Restored It And Waited To See If I Could Get Someone To Activate My Iphone With There At&t Account. I Went Today To The Apple Store And They Denied Me Any Warranty Because They Said The Phone Had Been Unlock. I Argueed With Them Sayin I Never Had It Unlock Etc. Then They Told Me The Iphone Will Never Work Again. If I Get A Normal Unactivated At&t Sim Card Will The Incorrect Sim Message Disappear Cause I Just Ant To Activate It With At&t I Paid $400 And Now I Cant Even Use It With At&t!! Someone Please Help!
      well....this has been covered numerous times in the last 46 pages but here we go again. you can't do anything with it until the devs figure out a way to get past this error. sorry to say, but until the dev team figures something out, you have been added to the growing ranks of those who bear shiny paperweights.

      so, to sum it up so far lol:
      -if you unlocked your phone or even got partway through the unlock process, even if you are still using AT&T, DO NOT UPDATE TO FIRMWARE 1.1.1 OR YOU WILL HAVE A BRICKED PHONE
      -if you did NOT unlock it in any way, shape, or form, and jailbroke(jailbreaked...whatever) using any program that mods your phone in anyway, including putting ringtones, changing graphics, and all that, you will definitely lose all your mods and will not have access to your third party apps, and there isn't a way to get them back on yet if you upgrade to 1.1.1, and you also run the risk of getting the invalid sim error just like those who unlocked and tried to upgrade

      if you want to be safe, just wait to upgrade. it's that simple. if you do, and your phone gets the invalid sim error that's been mentioned so much over the last (almost) 50 pages, you're pretty much screwed until the devs crack the new firmware.



      i don't know why i'm trying lol, somebody is still going to ask why they lost their mods after upgrading or if it's ok for them to upgrade if they unlocked their phone. i mean seriously ask, not sarcastically lol.
    1. tk13_sj's Avatar
      tk13_sj -
      Quote Originally Posted by jdkarr01 View Post
      By the way.....
      Everyone seems to be complaining about the update and whether or not you should do it. Does anyone have information on the features (any that weren't already listed in the install) or if there were any noticeable changes?
      The updates are not worth it... minor little things, just to say they are trying... BLAH
    1. vette802's Avatar
      vette802 -
      Quote Originally Posted by tk13_sj View Post
      The updates are not worth it... minor little things, just to say they are trying... BLAH
      yeah when they do video and mms i bet you will say something different
    1. Jdbwood's Avatar
      Jdbwood -
      how bout if i insert a activated at&t sim card then bring it back to an at&t or apple store. is there any way that they will know i already been to an aaple store??
    1. HORTON16's Avatar
      HORTON16 -
      louder volume= false
      louder ipod= louder but sounds like crap
    1. rianbattle's Avatar
      rianbattle -
      Quote Originally Posted by vette802 View Post
      yeah when they do video and mms i bet you will say something different
      mms perhaps...but video, i believe it's been proven already that the hardware in the current models on the iPhone that are in the stores aren't capable of producing good enough quality or fast enough fps. erica sadun was messing around with this, i believe. i haven't read anything about it since so i'm not sure if anything else has come up.

      but the current update doesn't really add much besides the double tap home button and the spacebar thing, as well as a louder speaker and a couple changed icons. hardly really worth risking a bricked piece of $500 hardware over. well, in my opinion at least. i like NES too much ^_^
    1. va2sh's Avatar
      va2sh -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jdbwood View Post
      how bout if i insert a activated at&t sim card then bring it back to an at&t or apple store. is there any way that they will know i already been to an aaple store??
      Better yet! What about putting the sim into an iphone with 1.0.2 and re initializing the IMEI and ICCID to the correct settings?
    1. DoerrFan's Avatar
      DoerrFan -
      I know why they're letting people exchange there phones.
      There in violation of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
      http://www.phonenews.com/content/view/2386/1/

      Great News, that means ill be taking my phone back and i will be more then happy to pull this out and show them if they refuse.
    1. ltsmash's Avatar
      ltsmash -
      so everyone is up in arms and raising all kinds of hell over the new firmware and bricked/semi-bricked phones. boo hoo hoo. it's reminiscent of the same outcry we saw after the price drop. i wonder if anything will come of all this gnashing of teeth and fist shaking. does anyone have any thoughts about this?

      on a side note, the celebs always say there's no such thing as bad publicity...seems like Apple is getting lots of free press from this move.
    1. jujubeanser's Avatar
      jujubeanser -
      I dont know about that. If the software manually set the shutterspeed higher outdoor video capture could work. Lowlit movies probably wouldn't work well though

      [QUOTE=rianbattle;45378]mms perhaps...but video, i believe it's been proven already that the hardware in the current models on the iPhone that are in the stores aren't capable of producing good enough quality or fast enough fps.