• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • 1.1.1 Released


    Firmware 1.1.1 was released today. Features include:

    • iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store
    • Louder speakerphone and receiver volume
    • Home Button double-click shortcut to phone favorites or music controls
    • Space bar double-tap shortcut to intelligently insert period and space
    • Mail attachments are viewable in portrait and landscape
    • Stocks and cities in Stocks and Weather can be re-ordered
    • Apple Bluetooth Headset battery status in the Status Bar
    • Support for TV Out
    • Preference to turn off EDGE/GPRS when roaming internationally
    • New Passcode lock time intervals
    • Adjustable alert volume

    If you are the owner of an unlocked iPhone, DO NOT UPDATE until we have a viable solution for either relocking and then unlocking after the update, or doing the update without bricking your iPhone. Updating an unlocked iPhone currently WILL BRICK your iPhone.

    The Basics:
    • If you have an unlocked phone, but are using AT&T, updating will NOT brick your iPhone, but you will have to get a new SIM card, as the iPhone will display an incorrect SIM message.
    • If you have an unlocked iPhone, and are running a carrier OTHER than AT&T, updating will NOT brick your iPhone, but it WILL relock your iPhone, and no existing methods will unlock again, so DON'T UPDATE YET.
    • If you have an iPhone LOCKED TO AT&T still, updating your iPhone will work fine. If you have installed 3rd party apps, they will be gone, and no existing methods will reinstall them.
    • No, the developers of the software modding apps have NOT updated their apps within the past 2 hours. When they do you will be notified with a new News story.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 1.1.1 Released started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 740 Comments
    1. stlcaddie's Avatar
      stlcaddie -
      I ALSO GOT THE INVALID SIM I EVEN WENT TO ATT AND BOUGHT NEW SIM......DIDNT WORK....NOW IM F887ed.....appl now sucks in my book. They think there god of the digital world now.
    1. Kylecchh's Avatar
      Kylecchh -
      Quote Originally Posted by Goronok View Post
      Yep, I had installer on my phone, updated to 1.1.1 without any hiccups.
      Really? Nice, I'll give it a while though just to see if the Dev Team releases a version of Apptapp that realy supports the new firmwire.
    1. artjr's Avatar
      artjr -
      What if I ran AnySim but after running it I got a message saying that it failed to unlock my phone. Is it ok for me to update my iphone with new version?
    1. stlcaddie's Avatar
      stlcaddie -
      no dont update bro until more people fool around with it....i never unlocked my phone only jailbreaked and my phone is f'ed....
    1. Truckerbear's Avatar
      Truckerbear -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kylecchh View Post
      Ugh, this update looks sweet, is it safe to download yet for us locked in AT&T, but modded users?
      The first post in this topic answers this... did you skip it?

      Quote Originally Posted by Goronok View Post
      Yep, I had installer on my phone, updated to 1.1.1 without any hiccups.
      Gee are we an Apple employee? Hummmm!

      Apple head!
    1. cockyjeremy's Avatar
      cockyjeremy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
      So uh is it safe for me to download yet? LOL
      I read the first few pages and I can't seem to see why so many people asked the same question when the first post answers it already.
      Anyway, I'm tempted to update for the new features. I haven't really used a lot of the modded apps recently except for installer to see what's new for me to download and not use... TV out would be great for me to use in the car.
      I don't think there really is a definite answer. It seems to vary. Some people with modded/locked phones are having no problems. Some people with modded only are getting sim errors.. who knows. *shrugs*

      I think i even saw one unmodded/still locked get sim errors.. WTF.
    1. drrjv's Avatar
      drrjv -
      What about 'Virginizing' your phone?

      http://www.iphonegoboom.com/#restore

      How do I Restore my iPhone to factory state (virginizing)(Mac/Win 1.0.2 only) (Virgin phone)?

      First an explanation. Virginizing your phone means two things. First, flashing the baseband (modem) to a virgin state. Most unlocking procedures modify the baseband by writing code to it. The reason we flash the baseband is that If you only do a restore via itunes (to the same version of the firmware), your baseband software is not updated. If you do not flash the baseband you may have problems with these instructions or in the future. Second, a complete restore to the current firmware via Itunes. This procedure will relock your phone and ensure you have clean firmware as if the phone just came out of the box.

      To prepare, if you haven't already, Download ibrickr , (if you have iTunes 7.4.x you will need to download this file and place it in the ibrickr folder for it to work) ICE03.14.08_G.fls, ICE03.14.08_G.eep, Terminal & Necessary Files. It is suggested to keep extract these files into your ibrickr folder.

      1. Open Ibrickr and choose Files
      2. In the Ibrickr File manager view on the right side of the screen click the on the picture of the iPhone where it says bin/ it will look like a hyperlink
      3. click the upload files button. select ICE03.14.08_G.eep & ICE03.14.08_G.fls click open and wait for them to upload
      4. click back go to file and upload the files from the iphone.unlock.zip to /usr/bin
      5. Once the files have been uploaded go back to the main screen of Ibrickr and choose Applications > install from PXL file and choose MobileTerminal-VT100-svn161.pxl
      6. From your iPhone tap the Terminal icon on your springboard and type launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
      7. From your iPhone tap the Terminal icon on your springboard and type cd /usr/bin then hit enter, then type chmod +x bbupdater and hit enter then type ./bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep and hit enter
      8. Restore via Itunes by holding down the power and home keys on your iPhone for up to 45 seconds at which time you’ll see a yellow triangle and a message to connect to Itunes. Make sure your phone is connected to the computer and launch Itunes. Follow the options to restore.

      Note 1: If you are stuck getting into restore mode, try several times, and try with the phone in the dock or connected to the computer.

      Note 2: Your phone needs to have connected to iTunes at least one time before you do anything, then just cancel out of the "AT&T activation screen or close Itunes)

      9. Quick factory activation and YouTube Activation for freshly restored phones:

      Windows: Download this file, and run "(CLICK HERE) activate.bat"

      Mac: Download and run apptapp installer. Then download this file and decompress the archive in your home folder. Then double click the Install youtube.term file
    1. casey's Avatar
      casey -
      H much louder is the speaker phone????
    1. ltsmash's Avatar
      ltsmash -

      What if I ran AnySim but after running it I got a message saying that it failed to unlock my phone. Is it ok for me to update my iphone with new version?


      Why don't you try it and get back to us?

      Seriously, people....SIMMER DOWN NOW! Just have a cup of coffee and sit back while the Dev Team works their magic. For the life of me, I cannot understand why everyone is so up in arms over 1.1.1. It's not as if the enhancements are all that grand and the old firmware 1) lets us install our own apps, ringtones, and other hacks; and 2) is relatively stable. There's NOTHING in this new release that is worth the tradeoff in terms of functionality or potential misery. /rant

      I say let the lemmings enjoy their iBricks and partial iBricks for the time being.

      1.0.2 and feelin' fine
    1. stenya's Avatar
      stenya -
      Itsmash, you are right.
      No new important feature.
      Its no sense to update.
    1. Conquest3.0's Avatar
      Conquest3.0 -
      Quote Originally Posted by drrjv View Post
      What about 'Virginizing' your phone?

      http://www.iphonegoboom.com/#restore

      How do I Restore my iPhone to factory state (virginizing)(Mac/Win 1.0.2 only) (Virgin phone)?

      First an explanation. Virginizing your phone means two things. First, flashing the baseband (modem) to a virgin state. Most unlocking procedures modify the baseband by writing code to it. The reason we flash the baseband is that If you only do a restore via itunes (to the same version of the firmware), your baseband software is not updated. If you do not flash the baseband you may have problems with these instructions or in the future. Second, a complete restore to the current firmware via Itunes. This procedure will relock your phone and ensure you have clean firmware as if the phone just came out of the box.

      To prepare, if you haven't already, Download ibrickr , (if you have iTunes 7.4.x you will need to download this file and place it in the ibrickr folder for it to work) ICE03.14.08_G.fls, ICE03.14.08_G.eep, Terminal & Necessary Files. It is suggested to keep extract these files into your ibrickr folder.

      1. Open Ibrickr and choose Files
      2. In the Ibrickr File manager view on the right side of the screen click the on the picture of the iPhone where it says bin/ it will look like a hyperlink
      3. click the upload files button. select ICE03.14.08_G.eep & ICE03.14.08_G.fls click open and wait for them to upload
      4. click back go to file and upload the files from the iphone.unlock.zip to /usr/bin
      5. Once the files have been uploaded go back to the main screen of Ibrickr and choose Applications > install from PXL file and choose MobileTerminal-VT100-svn161.pxl
      6. From your iPhone tap the Terminal icon on your springboard and type launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
      7. From your iPhone tap the Terminal icon on your springboard and type cd /usr/bin then hit enter, then type chmod +x bbupdater and hit enter then type ./bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep and hit enter
      8. Restore via Itunes by holding down the power and home keys on your iPhone for up to 45 seconds at which time you’ll see a yellow triangle and a message to connect to Itunes. Make sure your phone is connected to the computer and launch Itunes. Follow the options to restore.

      Note 1: If you are stuck getting into restore mode, try several times, and try with the phone in the dock or connected to the computer.

      Note 2: Your phone needs to have connected to iTunes at least one time before you do anything, then just cancel out of the "AT&T activation screen or close Itunes)

      9. Quick factory activation and YouTube Activation for freshly restored phones:

      Windows: Download this file, and run "(CLICK HERE) activate.bat"

      Mac: Download and run apptapp installer. Then download this file and decompress the archive in your home folder. Then double click the Install youtube.term file


      You need access to your home screen on the phone to do this..which for the people who updated and had trouble with it, dont have anymore..
    1. beatsyndicate's Avatar
      beatsyndicate -
      DAMN!! Louder speaker?? That's one of my top complaints. Ah well. I have faith in the REAL geniuses - There has to be a way around it. Stevey Wack Job isn't that smart.

      But still, a general purpose, "ARRRRRRR!"

      ((THA SYNDICATE))
    1. ltsmash's Avatar
      ltsmash -
      Quote Originally Posted by stenya View Post
      Itsmash, you are right.
      No new important feature.
      Its no sense to update.
      i'm all for updating if i'm not going to give anything up in the process, but a simple cost/benefit analysis dictates that i stay put for the time being. sure, i want the new features, but i love the things i have (like a working phone) way too much to take the risk 6 hours (has it even been that long) after the release. let's recall the the first sim unlock took 74 days or so and from the looks of things (see the iPod touch developments) this firmware is going to be a tough nut to crack.
    1. mikef's Avatar
      mikef -
      i think i have a headache from reading the same **** over and over again!!
      just relax and let those smart guys like Nate True get his work done. RRRRREEEEELLLLLLAAAXXXXXXXXXX
    1. drrjv's Avatar
      drrjv -
      Virginizing might be helpful for thoses that didn't do the 1.11 update yet.
    1. DoerrFan's Avatar
      DoerrFan -
      I have a question to, since i am no lawyer, can they legally do this?
      Rendering a perfectly functioning peice of hardware inopperable from an update and not let the users fix it by downgrading?
    1. Kitsune's Avatar
      Kitsune -
      Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
      I have a question to, since i am no lawyer, can they legally do this?
      Rendering a perfectly functioning peice of hardware inopperable from an update and not let the users fix it by downgrading?
      Legally they are still looking at it.
    1. Kylecchh's Avatar
      Kylecchh -
      Quote Originally Posted by Truckerbear View Post
      The first post in this topic answers this... did you skip it?



      Gee are we an Apple employee? Hummmm!

      Apple head!
      Ugh, sorry about that :S Thought something may have been released, he's an apple employee, - Well that changes my mind about upgrading the firmwire
    1. ltsmash's Avatar
      ltsmash -
      Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
      I have a question to, since i am no lawyer, can they legally do this?
      Rendering a perfectly functioning peice of hardware inopperable from an update and not let the users fix it by downgrading?
      IANAL but it seems to me that they're free to do as they please. after all, many of us have violated the EULA. beyond that, Apple is not forcing anyone to upgrade their devices.

      The way I see it, you're free to hack your phone (you paid for it) and you're free to use it as outlined by the EULA. You have a choice to do either. Either choice has consequences. If you take path A, you end up with a great device with many enhancements, but you run the risk of having an iBrick someday. If you take path B, you have a usefult, albeit more boring device, that is afforded luxuries like continued software updates and warranty service.

      Life is all about choices...we just have to remember to deal with the consequences of our actions.

      Let me also say that I love my modded iPhone and I'm an Apple shareholder. I don't agree with the course of action they're taking, but I understand the risks involved in my choices. I may very well end up with a $400 paperweight one day, but i'm comfortable with the risk. That said, I'm sticking with 1.0.2 for a little while longer. It meets my needs.
    1. major86's Avatar
      major86 -
      Hello,

      can someone tell me is it true to that you can change the language in the 1.1.1 into german? I have seen the UK Preview and there is a menu point. Is an US Iphone the same after updating like an UK one?

      with regards