• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • $100 Credit is Here!
    To get your $100 credit, go to the following link, enter your information, enter the confirmation number sent to you, and you should be all set:

    http://www.apple.com/iphone/storecredit/

    Thanks billchase2 and others for the news!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: $100 Credit is Here! started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 80 Comments
    1. ~mike~'s Avatar
      ~mike~ -
      Quote Originally Posted by djmaddy View Post
      just got my apple $100 credit! wooo! Anyhow, for those wondering what i'm using. Its an iphone bought from ebay, activated, but unlocked now running my att plan, and i disabled my edge network, so no huge fees since i dont need internet on the run =]

      Yea i got mine from ebay and still got the 100.00 credit...I'm going to buy the New Nano
    1. iphonejeff's Avatar
      iphonejeff -
      wow there aint much for the iphone...
    1. ComputerGeek96's Avatar
      ComputerGeek96 -
      i have a corporate account so i activate outside of itunes and it won't let me get the credit.
    1. ps2gamer02's Avatar
      ps2gamer02 -
      i just tried an it said i wasnt eligible but i remember i had a different number when i first got it so i tried the old number an it worked but its sent the text to the old number so i had to call apple an get its straightened out so if u changed ur number ur gonna have to call apple.

      oh an P.S dont mine the grammar lol
    1. zoidberg md's Avatar
      zoidberg md -
      From the site:

      "To receive a credit, customers must submit requests between September 13, 2007, and November 30, 2007"

      "ill take care of that later" doesn't sound like a good idea on this one.
    1. fr3nch13's Avatar
      fr3nch13 -
      i bought the bluetooth headset - Im a glutton for punishment when it comes to apple.

      Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg md View Post
      From the site:

      "To receive a credit, customers must submit requests between September 13, 2007, and November 30, 2007"

      "ill take care of that later" doesn't sound like a good idea on this one.
      I know someone mentioned waiting til Leopard. Guess you cant if it's release date is after nov 30th :-\
    1. razn's Avatar
      razn -
      It activates, but not legitimately. AT&T doesn't see that I have an iPhone so I can't get the rebate, and I'd like to activate through iTunes so I can get the rebate.
    1. Kyle Matthews's Avatar
      Kyle Matthews -
      Quote Originally Posted by razn View Post
      Anyone know how I can activate my phone legitimately? I have tried going to the Apple Store, the AT&T Store, and calling both support numbers many times. Could a previous unlocked keep some files on the iPhone to keep it unlocked even after restoring?
      If you don't have an AT&T account, you can't get the credit. If you have had an iPhone just sitting there for months now, you have bigger issues and need to visit AT&T or Apple and have them sort out why it isn't working. Sounds fishy to me.

      Quote Originally Posted by fr3nch13 View Post
      I know someone mentioned waiting til Leopard. Guess you cant if it's release date is after nov 30th :-\
      They prob meant waiting to use the credit on Leopard. Once you get the credit, it has no expiration date.
    1. ijustin's Avatar
      ijustin -
      I activated my iphone I bought on Aug. 21st and it work like a breeze. Then I tried to activate one I bought for my girlfriend the day of the price drop and IT WORKED!!! So I have $200 credit!! WOOT!!! (YES I BOUGHT A 4GB IPHONE FOR $299 ON THE 5TH OF SEPTEMBER AND GOT THE REBATE) I dont know how but I just followed the same steps on both.
    1. zozodouce's Avatar
      zozodouce -
      anyone know if you still can get this, even if cancel your account.
    1. N818's Avatar
      N818 -
      WOOT I GOT MY 100 DOLLARS!!!!
      If anyones wondering you CAN buy Itunes Gift Cards on the apple website.

      http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...dsCertificates
    1. O242424's Avatar
      O242424 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ps2gamer02 View Post
      i just tried an it said i wasnt eligible but i remember i had a different number when i first got it so i tried the old number an it worked but its sent the text to the old number so i had to call apple an get its straightened out so if u changed ur number ur gonna have to call apple.

      oh an P.S dont mine the grammar lol
      I called apple they said I had to email so I called att and they credit it off my bill is that what happened to u
    1. razn's Avatar
      razn -
      Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
      If you don't have an AT&T account, you can't get the credit. If you have had an iPhone just sitting there for months now, you have bigger issues and need to visit AT&T or Apple and have them sort out why it isn't working. Sounds fishy to me.
      But I do have an AT&T account, have for years. There's nothing fishy, I got my phone SIM card unlocked (not carrier) just like half the other people on this forum cause I didn't want to sign a two year contract at the time. Therefore I never went through the activation through iTunes, but my iPhone still activates utomatically after a restore. Now I want to be able to activate through iTunes (the option never shows up, even after a restore), so AT&T recognizes that I have an iPhone, and so I can get the rebate..

      I have gotten about 3 new SIM cards from AT&T, still can't get the activation screen on iTunes (Just the iPhone saying its activated after a restore). Everything works except visual voicemail, obviously. I have tried calling and going to both Apple and AT&T stores, and no one can help me.

      Any thoughts?
    1. Kyle Matthews's Avatar
      Kyle Matthews -
      Quote Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post
      anyone know if you still can get this, even if cancel your account.
      Nope. Must have a valid account.

      Quote Originally Posted by razn View Post
      I have gotten about 3 new SIM cards from AT&T, still can't get the activation screen on iTunes (Just the iPhone saying its activated after a restore). Everything works except visual voicemail, obviously. I have tried calling and going to both Apple and AT&T stores, and no one can help me.

      Any thoughts?
      I'd just walk into AT&T and say hey, I've had this thing for months and I can't use it. Make it work.

      If they don't know how, have them call the boss. If he doesn't, have him call his boss. Eventually, someone up the chain will know how to fix it. My buddy had the same issue. Took him 48 hours to clear it up, but he was on and off the phone the whole time. Just don't take no for an answer.

      Only said it was fishy cause you said you've had it for over a month, and its just been sitting there. No big deal, you're just busy. If I paid $600 for something and it wouldn't work, I'd fix it or return it. ha.
    1. LGgeek's Avatar
      LGgeek -
      went to link using Firefox, blue getting started button didn't show, used safari and it's there.
    1. Alperovich's Avatar
      Alperovich -
      noice!! i just went to the store with mine and for a fm tuner, it ******* works awesome, not as good as the highspeed in my other car but still pretty decent.
    1. Fox's Avatar
      Fox -
      I printed out my Rebate this morning and walked into my Apple store this afternoon, and looked around for a while trying to decide what to buy with my credit... I wanted the Bose or Shure headphones but they are freaking huge and there's no way they would fit under my Motorcycle helmet.. so I needed to update my Alarm clock and decided on getting This
      I got it in black.. just too bad it doesn't dock my iPhone, but works great with my Nano, and it even has a USB port on the top so I can charge my iPhone in one unit..that's nice..

      Quote Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
      noice!! i just went to the store with mine and for a fm tuner, it ******* works awesome, not as good as the highspeed in my other car but still pretty decent.
      What?!I wanted to get an iTrip for my iPhone but the Apple guy said it would not work.. which one did you get?
    1. Alperovich's Avatar
      Alperovich -
      Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
      I printed out my Rebate this morning and walked into my Apple store this afternoon, and looked around for a while trying to decide what to buy with my credit... I wanted the Bose or Shure headphones but they are freaking huge and there's no way they would fit under my Motorcycle helmet.. so I needed to update my Alarm clock and decided on getting This
      I got it in black.. just too bad it doesn't dock my iPhone, but works great with my Nano, and it even has a USB port on the top so I can charge my iPhone in one unit..that's nice..



      What?!I wanted to get an iTrip for my iPhone but the Apple guy said it would not work.. which one did you get?
      I got the Kensington digital FM transmitter in black

      http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...nplm=TK885LL/A

      it seemed to have decent comments on it. i found a empty station, its working fine, charging. playing the music thru the radio. it even has decent range, i tested on the driveway i had all 5 cars playing the same thing. 2 car lengths behind it started to get not so good quality but the others were okay.
    1. Fox's Avatar
      Fox -
      Quote Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
      I got the Kensington digital FM transmitter in black

      http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...nplm=TK885LL/A

      it seemed to have decent comments on it. i found a empty station, its working fine, charging. playing the music thru the radio. it even has decent range, i tested on the driveway i had all 5 cars playing the same thing. 2 car lengths behind it started to get not so good quality but the others were okay.

      I even saw that at the store.. I was looking for a wireless one.. oh well, may have to look into that later.. sounds like it works great..
    1. LGgeek's Avatar
      LGgeek -
      well after waiting a while the sms message showed up and I printed out my rebate. I am going to the apple store this weekend to get a airport extreme base station, I'll hand over an additional $80.
      So I tip my hat to Mr Jobs , you are good. Of course you would not be thrilled to know I getting the base station to make it easier to hack the iphone.