• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Unlock your iphone. FREE it. Love it. bye bye at&t
    Yes geohot and his team have done it! They have hardware unlocked the iphone. Better yet, instead of making everyone wait a week like they originally said geohot has posted up the instructions.



    Click me to see the instructions
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Unlock your iphone. FREE it. Love it. bye bye at&t started by Cody Overcash View original post
    Comments 44 Comments
    1. billchase2's Avatar
      billchase2 -
      wow, while VERY cool... this is definitely not for me!

      good luck to those trying this out!
    1. iphonejeff's Avatar
      iphonejeff -
      Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
      wow, while VERY cool... this is definitely not for me!

      good luck to those trying this out!
      fudge no im not gonna do this...
    1. ubpsanity's Avatar
      ubpsanity -
      And it's nowhere near as hard as they made it seem. It's only 2 wires soldered into an easily accessible spot on the phone.
    1. rx8racr's Avatar
      rx8racr -
      So theres not going to be a software unlock? was the software unlock supposted to come from him? if you read waht he wrote he wont be doing a software unlock.
    1. h3lpmedic's Avatar
      h3lpmedic -
      Quote Originally Posted by ubpsanity View Post
      And it's nowhere near as hard as they made it seem. It's only 2 wires soldered into an easily accessible spot on the phone.
      I disagree. Soldering traces are not an easy task (especially when the traces are about 26-27 gage; it does not take much heat to burn them.) I've had to repair many Nintendo wii mods where the customers burnt pads and traces off. I'm sure this type of hardware mod for the iphone will result in a lot of bricked phones. I don't recommend anyone doing this unless you are very skilled in soldering. I'm willing to fix mistakes, but that will cost ya.

      I'm gonna attempt this unlocking technique tonight... wish me luck.
    1. Rayne's Avatar
      Rayne -
      Quote Originally Posted by h3lpmedic View Post
      I disagree. Soldering traces are not an easy task (especially when the traces are about 26-27 gage; it does not take much heat to burn them.) I've had to repair many Nintendo wii mods where the customers burnt pads and traces off. I'm sure this type of hardware mod for the iphone will result in a lot of bricked phones. I don't recommend anyone doing this unless you are very skilled in soldering. I'm willing to fix mistakes, but that will cost ya.

      I'm gonna attempt this unlocking technique tonight... wish me luck.
      QFT. Traces are a pain to solder. I sense a lot of bricks.
    1. maXimus's Avatar
      maXimus -
      Quote Originally Posted by h3lpmedic View Post
      I disagree. Soldering traces are not an easy task (especially when the traces are about 26-27 gage; it does not take much heat to burn them.) I've had to repair many Nintendo wii mods where the customers burnt pads and traces off. I'm sure this type of hardware mod for the iphone will result in a lot of bricked phones. I don't recommend anyone doing this unless you are very skilled in soldering. I'm willing to fix mistakes, but that will cost ya.

      I'm gonna attempt this unlocking technique tonight... wish me luck.
      Good luck! You're a braver man than I!!!
    1. JedixJarf's Avatar
      JedixJarf -
      Goodbye iPhone, Hello ebay.....
    1. rx8racr's Avatar
      rx8racr -
      Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
      Goodbye iPhone, Hello ebay.....
      what does that mean? now that its able to be unlocked your selling it?
    1. antiflash's Avatar
      antiflash -
      Quote Originally Posted by rx8racr View Post
      what does that mean? now that its able to be unlocked your selling it?
      now that it can be unlocked, there is a ton of money to be made selling unlocked (refurbished) GSM iPhones...
    1. JedixJarf's Avatar
      JedixJarf -
      Heck Ya Im gonna sell it, then im gonna buy some more refurb iPhones and sell those too. This is a great way to make bank
    1. suleiman's Avatar
      suleiman -
      just dont get caught doing it!
    1. antiflash's Avatar
      antiflash -
      It's not illegal...unless there's something about how it's done that violates something in apple's cryptic TOS agreements.

      Oh...and I put together a zip of the how-to and the required files for anyone wanting a 1-stop shopping for the process...

      Cheers!
    1. r00t4rd3d's Avatar
      r00t4rd3d -
      Quote Originally Posted by antiflash View Post
      It's not illegal...unless there's something about how it's done that violates something in apple's cryptic TOS agreements.

      Oh...and I put together a zip of the how-to and the required files for anyone wanting a 1-stop shopping for the process...

      Cheers!
      In the USA it -IS- illegal.
    1. rx8racr's Avatar
      rx8racr -
      So is this all the unlocks that are going to be coming out for a while? no software unlock? Those instructions seem hard as **** and are way over my head. I get my phone tomm and have to sell it if i cant get it unlocked...really sucks for me
    1. |)][$|<(o)e*1's Avatar
      |)][$|<(o)e*1 -
      well u could always buy the one off tha blog from geohot...

      yep already on ebay....and he signed it too...u will be all da rage...wont be long tell ebay is full of unlocked...and bricked iphones...

      http://cgi.ebay.com/Worlds-Second-Un...QQcmdZViewItem
      DiSkOe*1
    1. nishant6's Avatar
      nishant6 -
      Geohot Bud tell is there any software from which you can unlock completely without touching hardware come on tell me how many people are ready to take a risk to open there iPhones.
    1. iphoneroeth's Avatar
      iphoneroeth -
      once unlocked - well, your choices are T-mobile or ATT. Not worth for me!
    1. GreggSymington's Avatar
      GreggSymington -
      Quote Originally Posted by nishant6 View Post
      ...come on tell me how many people are ready to take a risk to open there iPhones.
      Alot of people are going to open their phones. The iPhone is the highest awaited unlock. I have a felling there will be about 50 posts before Monday asking how to unbrick or "I melted my board, help"
    1. adseguy's Avatar
      adseguy -
      What makes unlocking the iPhone illegal?

      Also I'd be willing to do this to many many phones in my free time if their was enough interest and therefore profit. How much would people buy a REAL unlocked iphone for?