• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • MobileTerminal - 1st iPhone GUI app released!
    The first 3rd party GUI app for the iPhone has been released! From the GoogleCode page:

    MobileTerminal.app, a terminal emulator application for the iPhone. MobileTerminal.app is NOT an SSH client, nor Telnet for that matter. It can however be used to execute a console ssh-client application.


    Sources are now available, if you have a working toolchain you can obtain them by doing:

    svn checkout http://mobileterminal.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ mobileterminal

    UPDATES

    2007-08-03 9:45pm Allen Porter [email protected]>

    The terminal is a bit more polished off now:
    This article was originally published in forum thread: MobileTerminal - 1st iPhone GUI app released! started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 24 Comments
    1. fdot's Avatar
      fdot -
      if only i could get ssh to work... ahh ill have to wait for a gui version... aghhh to be a noob
    1. theviolator's Avatar
      theviolator -
      Hey poetic folly, how about the games? Theres Tetris and shoot 'em zunes games application binaries for the iPhone
    1. Kyle Matthews's Avatar
      Kyle Matthews -
      Show me.
    1. mrkg's Avatar
      mrkg -
      Quote Originally Posted by fdot View Post
      if only i could get ssh to work... ahh ill have to wait for a gui version... aghhh to be a noob
      http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/howt...on-your-iphone

      Worked for me perfectly. SSH is running just fine except the Terminal app doesn't like colors, so if the server you are connecting has colors for things like the command prompt and ls, then it will display the color codes next to the text, and make it barely readable. Other than that this app works great. I am so happy to finally be able to use ssh on my phone

      Anyone get vim, or .bash_profile working properly yet? Alias' won't stay if you close the app. I tried putting them in /var/root/.bash_profile but it doesn't want to read it.
    1. cipher0925's Avatar
      cipher0925 -
      soo.. what exactly can you do with mobile terminal of you cant do ssh with it? just logout and exit!?
    1. Jonny202003's Avatar
      Jonny202003 -
      hopefully the next step will be emulators like snes or something, that would be awesome!
    1. Fload's Avatar
      Fload -
      mmm nes on the iphone... would be awesome if someone could hack a usbcord and a nes controller togather lol
    1. fdot's Avatar
      fdot -


      why cant i embed this.. edit.. this poetic folly
    1. antiflash's Avatar
      antiflash -
      a simple google search pulled up a few options... one is already on this site: http://www.modmyi.com/apps/tictactoe/

      or you can just go with a quality version of (free) bejeweled:
      http://www.gamestooge.com/2007/07/30...pcap-for-free/
    1. Kyle Matthews's Avatar
      Kyle Matthews -
      Antiflash - those are web apps. We know about them, I listed them on our site. Check out modmyi.com/apps (or app.modmyi.com from your iPhone) for a complete list of them.

      What we're talking about here is actual apps that run ON YOUR iPHONE, no need for an internet connection or Safari - they are complete localized apps.
    1. SiLeNtKiLLa's Avatar
      SiLeNtKiLLa -
      Quote Originally Posted by mrkg View Post
      http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/howt...on-your-iphone

      Worked for me perfectly. SSH is running just fine except the Terminal app doesn't like colors, so if the server you are connecting has colors for things like the command prompt and ls, then it will display the color codes next to the text, and make it barely readable. Other than that this app works great. I am so happy to finally be able to use ssh on my phone

      Anyone get vim, or .bash_profile working properly yet? Alias' won't stay if you close the app. I tried putting them in /var/root/.bash_profile but it doesn't want to read it.
      I used the same process to get SSH installed....but how do you go about SSHing to the iPhone? In windows? I tried searching, but no info...
    1. theviolator's Avatar
      theviolator -
      Show me
      Hey poetic_folly, heres the link to iTetris and tic tac toe (I hope you know how to install them)

      http://ellkro.jot.com/WikiHome/iPhone%20Apps

      Enjoy!
    1. mrkg's Avatar
      mrkg -
      Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
      I used the same process to get SSH installed....but how do you go about SSHing to the iPhone? In windows? I tried searching, but no info...
      Use an SSH client like Putty and just ssh to the phones IP: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/
    1. digitalkid56's Avatar
      digitalkid56 -
      OMG once I setup SSH and SFTP on my iphone.. Why isn't everyone doing it?? No more cables, no more jailbreak, no more iphoneinterface/iphuc..

      Straight SFTP drag and drop icons/ringtones/files to your phone.. no more locking/jailbreaking/relocking..

      Why is no one talking about this on the forums?? Am I just reading the wrong threads??
    1. .:MirrorminD:.'s Avatar
      .:MirrorminD:. -
      i like how the guy from teh google group is using the very first operator tag i ever made
    1. Kyle Matthews's Avatar
      Kyle Matthews -
      Ha, holla. MMi ftw. MirrorminD ftw.
    1. SiLeNtKiLLa's Avatar
      SiLeNtKiLLa -
      Quote Originally Posted by mrkg View Post
      Use an SSH client like Putty and just ssh to the phones IP: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/
      Thanks, its gainig access.... but not sure of login or pass, i tried dottie but i get access denied. Do you know login info from using the ssh kit?

      EDIT - I think I may have it.. Root is login...Pass is dottie?

      EDIT 2 - Got it working....thanks for the info.... Just a quick question, is there something special needed to be done to browse to like an Applications folder as too the text is son long, and when it drops down to the next line, it removes some of the text...for ex.

      chmod +x /Applications/VRecord.app/vrecord - when adding this text, once you get to Vrecord...it takes out the chmod and goes to the next line starting with +x and then it comes up file or directory not found, what special needs to be done to type long text?
    1. fr3nch13's Avatar
      fr3nch13 -
      so, with this terminal app running (munay!!) has anyone been able to get an ssh client onf the phone (ssh from the phone to say, a server)? That would make this phone great for us unix admins out there :-p
    1. Daerid's Avatar
      Daerid -
      How can we get this running on our iPhones?
    1. theviolator's Avatar
      theviolator -
      mmm nes on the iphone... would be awesome if someone could hack a usbcord and a nes controller togather lol
      There ya go!

      http://code.google.com/p/iphonenes/