• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Firmware 2.0 is out
    The file is called: iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw and you can snag it from apple here http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....7_Restore.ipsw

    keep in mind this is only for the iphone. Ipod touch users will have to wait a little bit longer today. Also when you go to put it on your phone, for windows users hold the shift key when you click restore so you can tell it to use the file downloaded.



    Use it at your own risk, and keep in mind if you have an unlocked phone, this will lock it, so dont install it. Your phone wont be jailbroken either.

    If you do update your phone, you can install apps now. Super monkey ball rocks, and the ebay app is very nice


    EDIT
    The 2.0 firmware erases every bit of data and info on your iPhone and completely installs the iPhone 2.0 firmware. So as long as you are on AT&T, you can officially use all features available on the phone.

    Your phone obviously WONT be unlocked, NOT would it be jailbroken.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Firmware 2.0 is out started by .:MirrorminD:. View original post
    Comments 196 Comments
    1. ambo's Avatar
      ambo -
      manual restored to 2.0
      itunes wants to restore and update
      when I hit "restore and update" it goes back to 1.1.4

      What's going on?!
    1. .:MirrorminD:.'s Avatar
      .:MirrorminD:. -
      Quote Originally Posted by ambo View Post
      manual restored to 2.0
      itunes wants to restore and update
      when I hit "restore and update" it goes back to 1.1.4

      What's going on?!
      does it install 1.1.4?
    1. ambo's Avatar
      ambo -
      Quote Originally Posted by .:MirrorminD:. View Post
      does it install 1.1.4?
      yes
    1. emptytaperoll's Avatar
      emptytaperoll -
      let's get the obvious out of the way:
      I'm activated with AT&T (not unlocked)

      Upgraded my pwn'd phone to 2.0 with no problems, I'm gonna miss installer for now, but I'm liking the app store
    1. ambo's Avatar
      ambo -
      What the heck! I'm activated with AT&T too and when I shift+click RESTORE and select he ispw it's f'ing putting me back to 1.1.4. What's going on?! Hrmpf...
    1. jrtek's Avatar
      jrtek -
      I keep getting a stupid error... Anyway around this?
    1. eswanborg's Avatar
      eswanborg -
      Can now confirm - you get either iCal OR Exchange calendars - but not both...
    1. ambo's Avatar
      ambo -
      and for the record, I'm by no means a newb at this. I've done custom restores too many times in the past. Not sure what the issue is here
    1. Poseidon79's Avatar
      Poseidon79 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ambo View Post
      What the heck! I'm activated with AT&T too and when I shift+click RESTORE and select he ispw it's f'ing putting me back to 1.1.4. What's going on?! Hrmpf...
      Please confirm you have updated your iTunes to version 7.7 first before trying to install firmware 2.0.
    1. FoneWeasel's Avatar
      FoneWeasel -
      Quote Originally Posted by jrtek View Post
      I keep getting a stupid error... Anyway around this?
      The details are overwhelming.
    1. totempole's Avatar
      totempole -
      Well I've read through all 8 pages to see if someone was in a similar situation to me but I guess not

      So here goes!

      I'm a non-(iphone)activated ATT Wireless customer with an iPhone that's been jailbroken, activated and unlocked using the pwnage tool. The firmware is at 1.1.4. Now, since I *am* on the ATT network, would a 2.0 upgrade go smoothly(i know it wont be jailbroken or unlocked anymore) ? Or should I build a 1.1.4 custom ipsw which is only activated and jailbroken but not unlocked and then upgrade to 2.0 from there.

      Too confusing? I'll reword it if I didnt come across clearly enough

      Thanks for the help!
    1. DoerrFan's Avatar
      DoerrFan -
      Quote Originally Posted by totempole View Post
      Well I've read through all 8 pages to see if someone was in a similar situation to me but I guess not

      So here goes!

      I'm a non-(iphone)activated ATT Wireless customer with an iPhone that's been jailbroken, activated and unlocked using the pwnage tool. The firmware is at 1.1.4. Now, since I *am* on the ATT network, would a 2.0 upgrade go smoothly(i know it wont be jailbroken or unlocked anymore) ? Or should I build a 1.1.4 custom ipsw which is only activated and jailbroken but not unlocked and then upgrade to 2.0 from there.

      Too confusing? I'll reword it if I didnt come across clearly enough

      Thanks for the help!
      You must be on a iPhone AT&T plan, don't update.
    1. totempole's Avatar
      totempole -
      Excellent.... well not really But thats the info I needed. Thanks!
    1. .:MirrorminD:.'s Avatar
      .:MirrorminD:. -
      Quote Originally Posted by eswanborg View Post
      Can now confirm - you get either iCal OR Exchange calendars - but not both...
      Ya thats what i was affraid of, you need the business plan through at&t to have two calendars from what i remember reading
    1. foureyez's Avatar
      foureyez -
      i upgraded and everything works perfectly. the only weird part is that it still shows my custom carrier logo. i wonder y it didn't change back to at&t.
    1. rick1123581322's Avatar
      rick1123581322 -
      can anyone tell me what the baseband version that is running on 5a347?

      is it the same as 5a345 and 5a331?
    1. coreym@cfl.rr.com's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by foureyez View Post
      i upgraded and everything works perfectly. the only weird part is that it still shows my custom carrier logo. i wonder y it didn't change back to at&t.
      Just wondering how did you change it? That is one thing I want to keep is my custom carrier
    1. dbldare's Avatar
      dbldare -
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      Just wondering how did you change it? That is one thing I want to keep is my custom carrier
      I believe he's just talking about the logo itself, not the carrier. There is software that you can get from the installer app that let's you modify the lettering on the logo to say what you want it to. The one I use is MIM (Make It Mine).

      dbl
    1. alectra82's Avatar
      alectra82 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ambo View Post
      What the heck! I'm activated with AT&T too and when I shift+click RESTORE and select he ispw it's f'ing putting me back to 1.1.4. What's going on?! Hrmpf...
      i am not positive, but dont you have to press shift/update rather than shift/restore?
    1. foureyez's Avatar
      foureyez -
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      Just wondering how did you change it? That is one thing I want to keep is my custom carrier
      Quote Originally Posted by dbldare View Post
      I believe he's just talking about the logo itself, not the carrier. There is software that you can get from the installer app that let's you modify the lettering on the logo to say what you want it to. The one I use is MIM (Make It Mine).

      dbl
      i used MIM also. i was just wondering y it still shows the custom carrier logo when upgrading to 2.0 was suppose to wipe all the data on the phone.