• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • AT&T Has updated their page with prices for 3G Iphone.
    Well just as the title suggest, over at AT&Ts website they have listed the set of prices for the iphone.

    New customers and those eligible for an upgrade will be able to purchase the phone for $199 (8GB) or $299 (16GB), while "early upgraders" will have to shell out $399 or $499, all with a two year contract and $18 upgrade fee. They also mention a "no commitment" deal later on in the year of $599 and $699 respectively.







    iPhone 3G, Exclusively from AT&T and Apple - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular
    This article was originally published in forum thread: AT&T Has updated their page with prices for 3G Iphone. started by .:MirrorminD:. View original post
    Comments 89 Comments
    1. Vince's Avatar
      Vince -
      first, but on a topic bearing terrible news!

      This means a lot of guys aren't gonna get that good price.

      I just checked my account and it looks like with a 2 year contract, I'm eligible (I got my iPhone on the first day).
    1. MgNate's Avatar
      MgNate -
      Well, glad this info is out. I'll have to figure out if I'm gonna take my iPhone off my family plan now...

      I'll be waiting outside on July 10th for mine!

      Question:
      So what makes one qualify as an "Early Upgrader"?
    1. iBwizzle's Avatar
      iBwizzle -
      All I wanna know is if I upgrade to the 3G iPhone without any commitment will I still be able to use my old sim card and plan? If not, I'll find a way to get my hands on one and unlock it! Can anybody confirm that. Heck, my monthly bill will always a little under $70 bucks and that was with tax too! *cough* stupid at&t
    1. smo84's Avatar
      smo84 -
      I checked my account and it says:

      "This line is eligible for equipment discount pricing when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. You can also take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option. All iPhone purchases require a 2-year service commitment"

      gonna have to pay 399 i guess - no cheap upgrade....frick that sucks
    1. .:MirrorminD:.'s Avatar
      .:MirrorminD:. -
      I just checked my account online and it says im eligible for an upgrade as well. So it does look like all current iphone owners can get the upgrade at the reduced price
    1. billchase2's Avatar
      billchase2 -
      this is what i've got:

      "This line is eligible for reduced equipment pricing when you sign up for a new 2-year service agreement. All iPhone purchases require a 2-year service commitment."

      not sure if that means i get the discount or not... either way, i'm not upgrading right away. it doesn't really seem worth the money at this point.
    1. mikenificent's Avatar
      mikenificent -
      Hmm I dunno about this. Have a prepaid so I could just signup for an account. I like my bill way it is though We'll see...
    1. supersprynt's Avatar
      supersprynt -
      I'm sticking with my 2G iPhone. Thanks AT&T you made the decision pretty easy.
    1. PhoneLine's Avatar
      PhoneLine -
      I believe all current iPhone users are eligible for the 199 and 299 price. Pretty much you have to be. The company didn't subsidize the cost for the 1st gen phone, everyone that has one bought it at full price. Thats why your eligible for an upgrade, cause you bought your last phone at full price. You would have been eligible for a phone from them the day you left the store with your first gen phone, cause you bought it at full price.

      Now, if you get the 3G and pay 199 or 299, and 6 months later want to upgrade, then they can tell you no and charge you an early upgrader price, cause they paid a portion of the phone your using.

      So, unless they want to cause a riot, all current iphone users who paid full price for their phone should get the new one at 199 and 299.
    1. david2082's Avatar
      david2082 -
      Any word on if we will be getting MMS? It seems that other carriers in other countries are getting it. What about us (AT&T)?
    1. Arm22's Avatar
      Arm22 -
      Quote Originally Posted by PhoneLine View Post
      I believe all current iPhone users are eligible for the 199 and 299 price. Pretty much you have to be. The company didn't subsidize the cost for the 1st gen phone, everyone that has one bought it at full price. Thats why your eligible for an upgrade, cause you bought your last phone at full price. You would have been eligible for a phone from them the day you left the store with your first gen phone, cause you bought it at full price.

      Now, if you get the 3G and pay 199 or 299, and 6 months later want to upgrade, then they can tell you no and charge you an early upgrader price, cause they paid a portion of the phone your using.

      So, unless they want to cause a riot, all current iphone users who paid full price for their phone should get the new one at 199 and 299.
      Phoneline is correct. All current iphone owners are automatically eligible for the discounted pricing. Enjoy.
    1. Poseidon79's Avatar
      Poseidon79 -
      Quote Originally Posted by david2082 View Post
      Any word on if we will be getting MMS? It seems that other carriers in other countries are getting it. What about us (AT&T)?
      The 2.0 firmware does not support MMS. It doesn't matter what country you're in.
    1. bluetube's Avatar
      bluetube -
      That's lame. I'm not eligible for another 10 months.
    1. PhoneLine's Avatar
      PhoneLine -
      However, just like Swirley, someone could make an App for the App store for MMS.

      If so, then people could have a legitimate reason to ask AT&T to add mms to their accounts.

      Its been proved its possible with Swirley, so unless Apple just denies any apps which would send/recieve mms from going on the app store, I think its just a matter of time.

      Though I would not put it past them to say thanks but no thanks to anyone who creates such an application. It stinks when a company won't let you spend your money when you want too.
    1. smokin's Avatar
      smokin -
      i am from india !! i am ready to shell out $600 at one go for iphone 3g ,but is it possible for me to get hands on it without getting into any contract !


      My cousin satys there and he's coming in july mid !! if yes then i 'll order one for me too

      Do reply and sorry if i am a lame or noob
    1. lild7hina's Avatar
      lild7hina -
      so i'm getting a iphone from my bro-in-law and if i activate it i can switch to 3g iphone paying the $299 for the 16gb? i am also on a family plan right now so how would that work out
    1. bretthartt's Avatar
      bretthartt -
      Quote Originally Posted by .:MirrorminD:. View Post
      Well just as the title suggest, over at AT&Ts website they have listed the set of prices for the iphone.

      New customers and those eligible for an upgrade will be able to purchase the phone for $199 (8GB) or $299 (16GB), while "early upgraders" will have to shell out $399 or $499, all with a two year contract and $18 upgrade fee. They also mention a "no commitment" deal later on in the year of $599 and $699 respectively.

      I'm still looking and I dont see any mention of a "no commitment" deal later on in the year.
    1. jasonm253's Avatar
      jasonm253 -
      wow 130 for unlimited...i pay 80 for tmobile basically for all that...sorry att
    1. coreym@cfl.rr.com's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Arm22 View Post
      Phoneline is correct. All current iphone owners are automatically eligible for the discounted pricing. Enjoy.
      I just got off the phone with ATT customer service then called back just to be sure, Both reps told me that as a current iPhone user I can buy the phone for 199 or 299 and just TRANSFER my number over with out any other fees! and I WILL NOT have to extend my contract.
    1. kbfc's Avatar
      kbfc -
      I really feel for you guys in the states, having to buy a new phone and for min $199. That sucks man. For once, in the UK, we are actually getting a good deal, being able to pick up the phone for Free, yep $0 for the 8gb (obviously we still have to have the contract tho...)