Contest closed! Results Thursday night.
Prizes (donated by NegriElectronics.com!) include:
- TWO 3G iPhones*, one for each of two top winners.
- $100 Apple gift card
- TWO $50 Apple gift cards
Alright, this starts the ModMyI.com 3G iPhone Giveaway, sponsored by NegriElectronics.com!
Its high time we started giving away some stuff to you guys, and we've come up with a nifty contest to do just that. We're calling it the App Review Contest.
You guys have seen our Native Apps section on ModMyI - we'd like to have every application on Installer and Cydia reviewed, and are in the process of refining our Native Apps review pages. There are hundreds of apps already listed, but hundreds more that we haven't covered!
That's where you come in. Submit a review of an iPhone app to us, and you could win one of two 3G iPhones*, a $100 Apple gift card, or one of two $50 Apple gift cards. The iPhone 3G comes out July 11th.
The user who submits the most qualified reviews wins a 3G iPhone*. The user who submits the second most reviews gets a $100 Apple gift card. Another 3G iPhone* will be given to a user selected at random from the entries - all you have to do is review at least one application and submit your review. The same is true for the $50 gift cards - just submit a review, and you're entered into the raffle for them!
Qualifying reviews meet these conditions:
- Must have 2+ ORIGINAL screenshots of the app. I know there are screenshots of apps all over the web, but you MUST take the ones in your submissions. If you steal someone else's screenshot of an app (read - from another site), all your entries are instantly disqualified. We don't like thieves. You CAN use the DEVELOPERS screenshot if they have one on their site.
- Must be ORIGINAL content. Same as above. Copy someone else's review of an app from some random website somehwere, all your entries are instantly disqualified. Again, we don't like thieves.
- Must be grammatically not horrifying. Basic English, folks, come on. None of this l337 speak or "we r like the app much, it is good to play on iPhone". Speak correctly, please.
- Must include developer's URL, and which Installer source the app is available on, or list none, if its not on one.
- Must be minimum 2 paragraphs. Don't say "Yah, its like Battleship. I enjoy it." Give us some meat, folks, a couple paragraphs isn't tough.
- Must be a review we don't have, or one from an app we have an ollllld version of. USE THE SEARCH ON MODMYIFONE.COM/NATIVEAPPS, FOLKS. If we already have the review, don't submit it again.
The reviews should be in a simple text document, with the screenshots in .png or .jpg format. Zip em up and email them to [email protected] to submit! You'll get an email back within 24 hours saying your submission has been received.
ModMyI.com will accept entries to the App Review Contest from June 21st, 2008 until July 9th, 2008 at 11:59pm (EXTENDED!). All entries must be submitted via email to [email protected]. Submissions via pm, IRC, other emails, IM, or wtvr else WILL NOT COUNT. Period. Entries must include your Name, City/State/Province, and a Valid Email Address. Entries missing these details will be disqualified. ModMyI.com is not responsible for lost, missing, or otherwise un-transmitted emails sent to the above address.
Below here.... the fine print.
As with any contest, all entries must be 100% unique. Plagiarizing, copying, stealing, or submitting work that's not your own will result in disqualification. Any evidence of copyright or trademark infringement will result in disqualification of ALL the offenders entries. This includes but is not limited to derivative works.
You can submit as many entries as you'd like, but please do us a favor and make sure they're quality entries. Trash entries are lame.
The contest is open to Registered Users of ModMyI.com, with the following exceptions:
- Residents of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Burma/Myanmar, Zimbabwe, Ivory Coast, or The Democratic Republic of the Congo are ineligible to participate under United States Law.
- Contest is void where prohibited by local, state, provincial, or government authorities, or elsewhere as prohibited by law.
No purchase necessary to enter.
Entries will be judged by ModMyI staff and admin. Do not enter if you cannot stand losing. Disparagement of the winners or their entry may result in adverse action (read - flame, ban).
*The contest is open to U.S. and International residents except as outlined above. In order to accommodate both US and international residents, including those where the iPhone 3g may not yet be available, ModMyI.com will provide 3G iPhone winners with the cash value of the base model 3G iPhone (at subsidized contracted rates) or $200, which ever is less. This will be in the form of either an Apple gift card or a pre-paid Visa card, whichever the winner prefers. Cell phone contracts and any other expenses above the U.S. Apple Store base purchase price will be the winners' sole responsibility.
All taxes and tariffs are the sole responsibility of the winner.
By submitting your contest entry, you agree that all art, photographs, digital media and private information that you submit are entirely yours at the time of submission. You further agree that these entries become the exclusive property of Modmy, LLC, and that you have not submitted, and will not submit such entries into any other contest without express written permission from an authorized agent of Modmy, LLC.
Associates, employees, principals or relatives of ModMyI are not eligible.
ModMyI reserves the right to modify these terms to comply with the laws of the State of Colorado, to correct errors and/or omissions, to ensure fairness as determined by ModMyI, or for any other reason as deemed necessary by ModMyI.
Your entry implies and expresses your agreement to these terms, and your waiver of any other rights related to such give-aways you may have in any jurisdiction.
Apple, iPhone, iPod, iTunes, Macintosh and the Apple logo are the property of Apple, Inc.