• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • 3g Settings in 2.0 Firmware
    As if there is any doubt that the 3g iPhone is coming soon. Some 3g settings have been found in the 2.0 firmware.



    The settings page was found in the latest beta release of 2.0 firmware. IF you don't know, 3g drains cell phone batteries very quickly. Don't worry in an effort to save some battery life Apple has included a setting to turn 3g off, and use normal slow edge instead.

    So with your 3g iPhone you'll have a choice, murder your battery or surf at 1995 speeds.

    thanks rusty778
    [chronicproductions via engadget]
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 3g Settings in 2.0 Firmware started by Cody Overcash View original post
    Comments 73 Comments
    1. Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
      Napoleon_PhoneApart -
      Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPie View Post
      @ Napoleon,I think that Apple UPGRADED battery for sure ....
      Although your statement seems a bit self-contradictory, I hope you're right. I've read rumors of an improved battery, but nothing concrete.
    1. ibal77's Avatar
      ibal77 -
      Good job team on the thread but I think that enough time is spent on it ...
    1. ksand's Avatar
      ksand -
      what does 3g mean? how is it different from say a 16gb iphone? Also do you think they will change more than just software on this new released phone? any ideas to what will be different? damn secretive mac people!
    1. citybythebay's Avatar
      citybythebay -
      This screenshot is FALSE!!!! I am a legitimate beta tester for Apple and I have the latest seed and it does NOT have this option. That is some good photoshop skills. Also, the person who created this image forgot the Wi-Fi option
    1. Apple iPie's Avatar
      Apple iPie -
      Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
      Although your statement seems a bit self-contradictory, I hope you're right. I've read rumors of an improved battery, but nothing concrete.
      Its just a guess,I hope so...
    1. kys's Avatar
      kys -
      Wikipedia meaning of 3G.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3G
    1. UiK's Avatar
      UiK -
      hey guys,

      I work for Optus in Australia and had a meeting with the national manager today who has confirmed that Optus and Vodafone have signed a deal with Apple to bring the iPhone to our shores in Mid-June in a 3G model
    1. King Chronic's Avatar
      King Chronic -
      Quote Originally Posted by citybythebay View Post
      This screenshot is FALSE!!!! I am a legitimate beta tester for Apple and I have the latest seed and it does NOT have this option. That is some good photoshop skills. Also, the person who created this image forgot the Wi-Fi option
      WOW, you are an idiot! Did you not read the part about how the Preferences.app needed to be tweaked to show this? Yeah, right, it makes total sense that the 3G option would show up on an EDGE iPhone!

      For the less informed, who may have seen his post and want proof because he thinks he knows everything, there are a few ways to get this to show up. The easiest (and n00b-ish-est :P) way is to do the following:
      1. Get yourself onto a Pwned beta3
      2. Get the beta5 ipsw and decrypt the root filesystem dmg
      3 SSH into the beta3 iPhone that is jailbroken that you have and navigate to /Applications/Preferences.app/
      4. Navigate to the same place on the mounted decrypted dmg
      5. From the decrypted dmg, get 'English.lproj' and 'Network.plist' from the directory that you should be in and put it to the same directory I mentioned about on your jailbroken beta3 iPhone
      6. Go to Preferences.app and realize you should look into things before making assumptions and screaming FAKE!

      Quote Originally Posted by .:MirrorminD:. View Post
      this is a little encouraging finally showing signs of true Direct Push




      Now all they have to do is allow trusted certificates and fix the fact that not ever exchange server is set up as .exchange.servername.com
      More? I really have to start watermarking these things! :P
    1. bjlawrence11's Avatar
      bjlawrence11 -
      Quote Originally Posted by lilmike09 View Post
      Think its a good idea to sell my iphone on ebay now, before the value of the phone decreases, considering we are about a month away from the new iphone

      Yes! And drop me a line when you do. I'm looking...
    1. outasflyguy's Avatar
      outasflyguy -
      Quote Originally Posted by King Chronic View Post
      WOW, you are an idiot! Did you not read the part about how the Preferences.app needed to be tweaked to show this? Yeah, right, it makes total sense that the 3G option would show up on an EDGE iPhone!

      For the less informed, who may have seen his post and want proof because he thinks he knows everything, there are a few ways to get this to show up. The easiest (and n00b-ish-est :P) way is to do the following:
      1. Get yourself onto a Pwned beta3
      2. Get the beta5 ipsw and decrypt the root filesystem dmg
      3 SSH into the beta3 iPhone that is jailbroken that you have and navigate to /Applications/Preferences.app/
      4. Navigate to the same place on the mounted decrypted dmg
      5. From the decrypted dmg, get 'English.lproj' and 'Network.plist' from the directory that you should be in and put it to the same directory I mentioned about on your jailbroken beta3 iPhone
      6. Go to Preferences.app and realize you should look into things before making assumptions and screaming FAKE!


      3G iPhone screen shot faked, but don't worry, we think it's still coming - Engadget

      Actually it was fake. Maybe you should read this...
    1. Bernie-Mac's Avatar
      Bernie-Mac -
      Quote Originally Posted by outasflyguy View Post
      Actually, it isn't
    1. outasflyguy's Avatar
      outasflyguy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
      Actually, it isn't
      No, the screenshot was fake, but the fact that this menu screen on the new iPhone is included IS true.
    1. King Chronic's Avatar
      King Chronic -
      You are hopeless. It was real. The idiot blog smashphone or whateverthehell doesn't know how to read between the lines and posted an article using their l33t g00g13 c4ch3 sk1llz.

      Jesus Christ man, the worst part is that I posted EXACT INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO REPLICATE IT AND YOU STILL TRIED TO TELL ME THAT IT WAS FAKE!