• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Second Gen 3G Iphone Confirmed features!
    Well some of this info has been posted before as rumors but it does seem that they are in the testing phase of the 3G iphone. According to engadget it could ship as early as July. Here is a rundown of the confirmed new features.

    PICTURE REMOVED BECAUSE PEOPLE CANT READ THAT THE PIC WAS FAKE

    The first thing people will notice: the 2nd gen iPhone will be about the same size and shape as the first gen.
    It will, of course, have 3G. And proper GPS!
    The most noticeable physical difference is back of the phone is no longer metal -- the whole thing is glossy black, from top to bottom. The volume buttons are now chrome.
    Because it's got a little less metal to deal with, it doesn't have quite as many angular edges. The battery is (still) not removable.
    The phone itself will be slightly thicker than the first gen device.
    The headphone jack will no longer be recessed, and will finally be flush with the body.
    The device itself uses roughly the same size and resolution screen as the first generation product.
    No solid word on battery life or storage capacity.



    Hell Im happy with it being 3G but proper GPS, thats niiice. Obviously take this with a grain of salt since it did not come from Apple directly.

    Source: http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/25/t...ghtly-thicker/


    EDIT: YES EVERYONE I KNOW THE PIC IS FAKE AND YES ENDGADGET CONFIRMED TWO WEEKS AGO THE PIC WAS FAKE, BUT IT WAS THE ONLY PIC OF THE BACK OF AN IPHONE THAT IS BLACK HENCE WHY I POSTED IT
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Second Gen 3G Iphone Confirmed features! started by .:MirrorminD:. View original post
    Comments 77 Comments
    1. yoedba's Avatar
      yoedba -
      i was joking... just going along with the flow....
    1. Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
      Happy Noodle Boy -
      Quote Originally Posted by yoedba View Post
      i was joking... just going along with the flow....
      This post is fake.
    1. Jay316's Avatar
      Jay316 -
      That's annoying I'm still waiting on the delivery of my 16gb iPhone and theres already talk of a 3g version WITH a GPS. I hope the GPS software can be ported to the firstgen.
    1. mjmills's Avatar
      mjmills -
      How are people this stupid able to operate computers, because of idiots I had to go elsewhere to find the fake pic.

      Really wanted a 3G iPhone, but a thicker, plastic one? not so sure

      having said that, like half the people here I will upgrade regardless!
    1. MalayZN's Avatar
      MalayZN -
      Time to wait for gen 3 I suppose I want UMTS so it can actually be used all over the world... as for thicker... If so it better support 2 flash chips like the touch then... I want either 32gb or 64gb
    1. D3VIL™'s Avatar
      D3VIL™ -
      Can you say, "Economic Stimulus Check"!!
    1. pokekid's Avatar
      pokekid -
      i wouldnt say the info is 100% true since not a lot of regular people have seen this "confirmed" product. lets all take this with a bag of salt until otherwise

      i hope they are true though =]
    1. mizdachubz's Avatar
      mizdachubz -
      I...want...NAO! Any estimated price on this baby?
    1. ultimatexpka's Avatar
      ultimatexpka -
      and they just had to put edge on the first gen =\
    1. RaXavier69's Avatar
      RaXavier69 -
      can gen1 upgrade to gen2 phone types? like have atleast the gps ?
    1. DoerrFan's Avatar
      DoerrFan -
      Quote Originally Posted by mjmills View Post
      having said that, like half the people here I will upgrade regardless!
      Probably will, i know i won't because i don't really need 3G, if theres no huge upgrades i won't upgrade.
    1. pokekid's Avatar
      pokekid -
      I'm with doerrfan on this one. it better have some sweet features if I'm gonna upgrade or a low start price unlike last time. because if its a good price I'm selling this one to my bro for 200 with Bluetooth and getting myslelf iPhone squared
    1. JFrappuccino's Avatar
      JFrappuccino -
      its either save my money for the 3g iPhone or buy a MacBook
      -cAnt decide
    1. rupchurc's Avatar
      rupchurc -
      Quote Originally Posted by wearmaize View Post
      Didn't engadget confirm this was fake?
      I like your sig, haha. Is that real?

      Quote Originally Posted by pokekid View Post
      I'm with doerrfan on this one. it better have some sweet features if I'm gonna upgrade or a low start price unlike last time. because if its a good price I'm selling this one to my bro for 200 with Bluetooth and getting myslelf iPhone squared
      yeah, if they start at say $299 with decent storage, that would be cool.
    1. MattMac's Avatar
      MattMac -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
      That's annoying I'm still waiting on the delivery of my 16gb iPhone and theres already talk of a 3g version WITH a GPS. I hope the GPS software can be ported to the firstgen.
      GPS is hardware, not software. And I doubt they will bring out an attachment, they will try to get you to upgrade to the 2nd gen.


      Quote Originally Posted by mjmills View Post
      How are people this stupid able to operate computers, because of idiots I had to go elsewhere to find the fake pic.

      Really wanted a 3G iPhone, but a thicker, plastic one? not so sure

      having said that, like half the people here I will upgrade regardless!
      I know man, about the idiots. It's a fake, GET OVER IT! Geez, was only said like 100 times...
      And I'm sure apple wont be making them plastic, because the metal back on the 1st gen works to draw the heat away from the device, keeping the parts cool. That's why it gets so hot.
      And the thickens is expected straight up.

      But what ever happened I'll DEFIANTLY be upgrading. Living in australia, our networks revolve around 3G.
      Before my iPhone I had a 3G phone, so the internet is just so slow, its annoying.

      Is there any word on bluetooth?
    1. babikian's Avatar
      babikian -
      do you think thicker also means heavier?
    1. Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
      Napoleon_PhoneApart -
      Quote Originally Posted by matt4iphones View Post
      But what ever happened I'll DEFIANTLY be upgrading.
      What? You don't really want to upgrade?
    1. yakface's Avatar
      yakface -
      Quote Originally Posted by babikian View Post
      do you think thicker also means heavier?

      For my wife it does...
    1. babikian's Avatar
      babikian -
      I think the picture is genuine,soon some of us will get colorfull Iphones,pink,blue green..and I think will also support all of the apps. missing now,if so I will get one instead of the eeepc900 Im considering.
      And yakface Im happy for you and your wife,I myself am married too and I understand you man!!.
    1. chibiducky's Avatar
      chibiducky -
      **** better have picture messaging.

      I'm with tmobile, and we don't really have a 3G network. But I guess I'll upgrade too. I wonder if it will get rid of the google maps' locate me and replace that with gps. I hope not. Just another thing to add to your phone bill. The locate me function works just fine for me.