• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Second Gen 3G Iphone Confirmed features!
    Well some of this info has been posted before as rumors but it does seem that they are in the testing phase of the 3G iphone. According to engadget it could ship as early as July. Here is a rundown of the confirmed new features.

    PICTURE REMOVED BECAUSE PEOPLE CANT READ THAT THE PIC WAS FAKE

    The first thing people will notice: the 2nd gen iPhone will be about the same size and shape as the first gen.
    It will, of course, have 3G. And proper GPS!
    The most noticeable physical difference is back of the phone is no longer metal -- the whole thing is glossy black, from top to bottom. The volume buttons are now chrome.
    Because it's got a little less metal to deal with, it doesn't have quite as many angular edges. The battery is (still) not removable.
    The phone itself will be slightly thicker than the first gen device.
    The headphone jack will no longer be recessed, and will finally be flush with the body.
    The device itself uses roughly the same size and resolution screen as the first generation product.
    No solid word on battery life or storage capacity.



    Hell Im happy with it being 3G but proper GPS, thats niiice. Obviously take this with a grain of salt since it did not come from Apple directly.

    Source: http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/25/t...ghtly-thicker/


    EDIT: YES EVERYONE I KNOW THE PIC IS FAKE AND YES ENDGADGET CONFIRMED TWO WEEKS AGO THE PIC WAS FAKE, BUT IT WAS THE ONLY PIC OF THE BACK OF AN IPHONE THAT IS BLACK HENCE WHY I POSTED IT
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Second Gen 3G Iphone Confirmed features! started by .:MirrorminD:. View original post
    Comments 77 Comments
    1. tattoojack's Avatar
      tattoojack -
      man u guys are getting way to bent outta shape over a pic!!! READ THE POSTS!! Geez!

      As for the 2nd gen,

      As with the 1st,

      I will have it. Oh yes I will!
    1. DoerrFan's Avatar
      DoerrFan -
      Quote Originally Posted by nycdiplomat View Post
      will it be able to be unlocked and jailbroken on tmobile? has anyone be able to confirm that yet?
      If we are gawking at pictures of it that turn out to be fake you'd think that would hint to that we have no clue about it.

      Im not upgrading, i don't need 3G or real GPS, i'll wait until the 3rd Gen.
    1. HarlemState's Avatar
      HarlemState -
      im still waiting for video conference :-( probably next gen.
    1. Alpha Zero's Avatar
      Alpha Zero -
      Wow. People really don't read. Knowing me, I can't keep a phone for more than 12 months, so if this does indeed get released in July, it will be mine. Black, Chrome, or Pink. I'm getting it. So far there is still no other phone on the market that does what he iPhone does, so I'll stick with Apple.

      Oh yea and I think that the picture is a fake. (Being sarcastic in case you can't tell)
    1. 8715000's Avatar
      8715000 -
      $199 8gb
      $399 16gb
      2nd iPhone $599
    1. Cherrysoda_zx's Avatar
      Cherrysoda_zx -
      oh man, i just got a 16 gb to replace my 8 gb iphone now their coming out with another one...
    1. A Retired Mod's Avatar
      A Retired Mod -
      I'm ready to buy right now!!
    1. techguy1's Avatar
      techguy1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
      The iPhone is thick enough already. lol, make it thinner, not thicker!
      I agree 100%
    1. .:MirrorminD:.'s Avatar
      .:MirrorminD:. -
      Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
      I'm ready to buy right now!!

      haha to bad there isnt a "but it now" option
    1. 02589's Avatar
      02589 -
      More memory, 3g, and bigger battery are certainly possible causes of heat related problems. Let's hope they are looking to insure it's not a problem with the new phone.

      BTW, the picture is fake.
    1. rbleeker's Avatar
      rbleeker -
      Let them make it bigger & thicker, the bigger the better more reason to develop an iPhone-Nano.... now we're talking.
    1. civicmann's Avatar
      civicmann -
      Dam i just got a new 16gb. I knew i should a waited.
    1. elsgk2's Avatar
      elsgk2 -
      ... and I almost bought a 16Gb
    1. rstuvwxyz's Avatar
      rstuvwxyz -
      all of you people who are devestated about having a 16gb non 3g model i will gladly pay for them {minus a slight re-stocking fee of course} lololololol
    1. mofolo's Avatar
      mofolo -
      Now Selling: 1st Gen Iphone - UNLOCKED! <--- WOW!
    1. yoedba's Avatar
      yoedba -
      I cant even see the picture anymore since it has been removed but i just wanted to add that its a fake!
    1. huey85's Avatar
      huey85 -
      Quote Originally Posted by yoedba View Post
      I cant even see the picture anymore since it has been removed but i just wanted to add that its a fake!
      Wow after how many posts now, you still haven't read that is HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED as a fake and the OP actually stated it was fake. The ONLY reason the pic was posted was because it has a black back cover.

      EDIT: now back on topic.. so is the hardware GPS unit actually confirmed now? I wonder if they will release a GPS attachment for current iPhone users.
    1. wePhone's Avatar
      wePhone -
      I like how you say they're confirmed but ten hen you open the thread you see that they are just rumors.
    1. 02589's Avatar
      02589 -
      Quote Originally Posted by yoedba View Post
      I cant even see the picture anymore since it has been removed but i just wanted to add that its a fake!

      LOL. I get it. Some people sure are wrapped tight.
    1. iBwizzle's Avatar
      iBwizzle -
      Yes, the 3G iPhone and Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 will make great replacements for my 2007 phones. Bye bye 1st Gen iPhone and Helio Ocean. Keep us update Dev's, I'm dyin' to know what new features this phone will have (MMS, IM's, Video Record)?