• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • ITS BEEN PWNED!!!!! | Release of PwnageTool OSX + Windows
    We have been talking about PwnageTool for what seems like ages now. It is finally here! The Dev Team has done an amazing job and released this tool allowing a safer jailbreak for the iPhone and the iPod Touch. We recommend you switch to this method for freeing your Device.



    Note: the steve jobs cartoon bit and the pineapple of the above image are by Sal

    Full OSX Usage Guide with Instructions for 2.0 Beta

    OSX Download from ModMyI | Official download from theiphoneproject.org
    Windows Coming Soon . . .

    Why choose PwnageTool? Unlike other previous jailbreak methods that exploit the iPhone, PwnageTool modifies the iPhone to accept unsigned .ipsw files allowing for a safer Jailbreak using the tried and true iTunes restore. The OSX Version of PwnageTool Not only will pwn your phone but also allows for the creation of custom .ipsw files to load via iTunes.

    OSX Version Features:
    • iPwner - Pwns your iPhone, the safer jailbreak
    • IPSW Builder - Lets you create custom firmware to load to you pwnd phone including unlocking, neutering, custom pictures, activation, and bootloade upgrade/downgrade.
    • Bootneuter: A neutered bootloader survives iTunes updates, even updates to 1.2.0 (aka 2.0). Unlike unlocking which requires a new patch for each firmware version, you only need to neuter once.

    Windows Version Features:
    • Coming Soon

    Once again awesome job Dev Team

    DO NOT ASK / POST LINKS TO WAREZ. FIRMWARE 1.2 and 2.0 ARE WAREZ. DO NOT POST LINKS TO CUSTOM FIRMWARE IT IS ILLEGAL
    i will get rid of you swiftly and permanently if you ignore me -cash
    This article was originally published in forum thread: ITS BEEN PWNED!!!!! | Release of PwnageTool OSX + Windows started by Cody Overcash View original post
    Comments 821 Comments
    1. dale1v's Avatar
      dale1v -
      Quote Originally Posted by haibane View Post
      Doesn't link properly, but I found the site.
      fixed!
    1. haibane's Avatar
      haibane -
      Still no worky. I loved the part about the user agreement including restriction on missles.
    1. sogo's Avatar
      sogo -
      I own both a PC and a Mac and really only surf the internet with my 2600$ Macbook pro.
    1. thetonyclifton's Avatar
      thetonyclifton -
      I have tried the pwnage programme and while it begins to work I get some sort of failed appleimage message (on the iphone) and then a NOR failed message (also on the iphone) and it restarts as before.

      I have a US iphone bought before November last year which has been unlocked and jailbroken 1.1.1 ever since - I dont know how it was unlocked or jailbroken.

      How do I proceed? I only really want the multiple recipients for SMS and SMS forwarding...thats my only reason for upgrading.

      I see some people have suggested restoring/upgrading to 1.1.4 through itunes before following the pwnage instructions...is this what I should do?....having an unlocked and jailbroken (by someone else) iphone has made me afraid of itunes updates

      Can I still use my custom theme after the pwnage?...how do I install it? I currently just use cyberduck and put it in the relevant summerboard folder.
    1. minhduong1990's Avatar
      minhduong1990 -
      hey guys... is window version come out yet???? i 'm still waiting for it.. hic hic..
    1. nadiasortiz's Avatar
      nadiasortiz -
      Quote Originally Posted by maz View Post
      Hi!
      Sounds great! How to just change the logo if I already have unlock and done all the other things before??? I mean....is it possible to just do something simple way with help from the program GUI? And how?
      By the way, where to find that color Apple logo you spoke about???
      Can you post it here plz?
      heres the DL link of the old apple logo..like i said before credits go out to the person who posted it before me a bunch of pages back and i if i helped you please thank me!!

      http://www.mediafire.com/?24b4su2eemg
    1. pingwhen's Avatar
      pingwhen -
      Quote Originally Posted by haibane View Post
      Its been up since mid afternoon. Thanks for the update though.
      ya i know, but he changed the screens. we are almost getting pswtool and pwn all in one i can not wait. besides my phone has been over due for a nice refresh.
    1. lillewis51's Avatar
      lillewis51 -
      hey guys i just read on ipodtouch4all that winpwn will be released this weekend. can anyone confirm this?
    1. pingwhen's Avatar
      pingwhen -
      Quote Originally Posted by lillewis51 View Post
      hey guys i just read on ipodtouch4all that winpwn will be released this weekend. can anyone confirm this?
      thats old news.

      watch winpwn.com for news.
    1. lillewis51's Avatar
      lillewis51 -
      ok thanks

      wow winpwn is like a god compaired to osx pwn
    1. pingwhen's Avatar
      pingwhen -
      Quote Originally Posted by lillewis51 View Post
      ok thanks

      wow winpwn is like a god compaired to osx pwn

      uh huh thats what i have been saying, it is why i am glad to wait for as long as it takes.
    1. Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
      Napoleon_PhoneApart -
      A bit dated, but still good:

      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixQE496Pcn8"]YouTube - Tom Servo and Crow's Mac/PC debate[/ame]
    1. Absolute's Avatar
      Absolute -
      LOL at that video!!!
    1. sailingaction's Avatar
      sailingaction -
      I had the same problem, (see my first message) couldnt patch the NOR image. I used the 1.1.4 IPSW downloaded from this site to restore my Iphone in Itunes. After that it was just to PWNED the Iphone and everything worked perfect. Made a custom image from the 1.1.4 IPSW I used for restore, and it worked like a charm.

      sailingaction

      Quote Originally Posted by thetonyclifton View Post
      I have tried the pwnage programme and while it begins to work I get some sort of failed appleimage message (on the iphone) and then a NOR failed message (also on the iphone) and it restarts as before.

      I have a US iphone bought before November last year which has been unlocked and jailbroken 1.1.1 ever since - I dont know how it was unlocked or jailbroken.

      How do I proceed? I only really want the multiple recipients for SMS and SMS forwarding...thats my only reason for upgrading.

      I see some people have suggested restoring/upgrading to 1.1.4 through itunes before following the pwnage instructions...is this what I should do?....having an unlocked and jailbroken (by someone else) iphone has made me afraid of itunes updates

      Can I still use my custom theme after the pwnage?...how do I install it? I currently just use cyberduck and put it in the relevant summerboard folder.
      Uppgrade via Itunes to 1.1.4 before pwn
      I had the same problem, (see my first message) couldnt patch the NOR image. I used the 1.1.4 IPSW downloaded from this site to restore my Iphone in Itunes. After that it was just to PWNED the Iphone and everything worked perfect. Made a custom image from the 1.1.4 IPSW I used for restore, and it worked like a charm.

      sailingaction
    1. oscar25's Avatar
      oscar25 -
      Quote Originally Posted by sailingaction View Post
      I had the same problem, (see my first message) couldnt patch the NOR image. I used the 1.1.4 IPSW downloaded from this site to restore my Iphone in Itunes. After that it was just to PWNED the Iphone and everything worked perfect. Made a custom image from the 1.1.4 IPSW I used for restore, and it worked like a charm.

      sailingaction


      Uppgrade via Itunes to 1.1.4 before pwn
      I had the same problem, (see my first message) couldnt patch the NOR image. I used the 1.1.4 IPSW downloaded from this site to restore my Iphone in Itunes. After that it was just to PWNED the Iphone and everything worked perfect. Made a custom image from the 1.1.4 IPSW I used for restore, and it worked like a charm.

      sailingaction
      I had to update to 1.1.4 via itunes for it to work as well. Just finishing the process as I type this so I'm assuming its all good. Now I need re-install everything.
    1. spyboy_1's Avatar
      spyboy_1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by pingwhen View Post
      winpwn looks more fun then pwn god I can't wait for the release. Check the new updated screens.
      Those look nice huh..
      Looks like their finally puttin in some more advanced features for us windows users .. Wut they need now is a way to rezise the partitions like on this ipsw tool i saw. If we were able to use custom pngs for the logos would be great too... I cant wait!
    1. iCity11's Avatar
      iCity11 -
      Quote Originally Posted by spyboy_1 View Post
      Those look nice huh..
      Looks like their finally puttin in some more advanced features for us windows users .. Wut they need now is a way to rezise the partitions like on this ipsw tool i saw. If we were able to use custom pngs for the logos would be great too... I cant wait!

      A Couple Pages Back I Was Told We Can Change The Logos We Jus Have To Make Sure That Tha File Is ".img2" Instead Of ".png"
    1. timbo's Avatar
      timbo -
      umm no, you can change the logo. i put the old colorful apple on mine...but it has to be in the same format which is .img2
      all you do is......


      1. right click on the pwng tool and click on show package contents

      2. click contents/resources/then click the firmware folder you will be using whether you are using iphone or ipod and the startup logo is "logo.img2"

      3. so make sure to have ur file in that format and named exactly the same

      make sure to back up the original just in case. i download the old apple in that format already so i dont know. i saw this a bunch of pages back and it had the dl link to the original colorful apple logo so credits do go out to that person....lol
      How do you save files in the .img2 format on a mac
    1. iCity11's Avatar
      iCity11 -
      Quote Originally Posted by timbo View Post
      How do you save files in the .img2 format on a mac
      i tried to look it up for ya but i found nothin....guess thats what i get for bein a windows user lol...i'll let you know if i find somethin or until someone who knows how to do it posts it up....sorry timbo
    1. timbo's Avatar
      timbo -
      Quote Originally Posted by iCity11 View Post
      i tried to look it up for ya but i found nothin....guess thats what i get for bein a windows user lol...i'll let you know if i find somethin or until someone who knows how to do it posts it up....sorry timbo
      Not sure if this is the answer, but I found this link
      http://www.irisa.fr/texmex/people/du...8c-source.html

      Could work for both MAC and PC