• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iLibertyX - Premier iPhone/iTouch Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Activation for OS X
    We are happy to introduce the newest and shiniest OSX software for releasing iPhone or iPod Touch into your control. What is is called? iLibertyX. It is the culmination of the great work put into iLiberty and iPlus to bring you the best in modding.



    Guide | Download | theiphoneproject | Download from theiphoneproject

    iLibertyX does it all, jailbreaks, activates and unlocks firmware up to 1.1.4 for all bootloader versions of the iPhone and easily jailbreaks your iPod Touch. Another cool feature available is the packages console. With this you can easily install pre made third party payloads onto your iPhone / iPod Touch like dropbear ssh and a payload to reflash the wifi / edge / bluetooth. iLibertyX will even upgrade the bootloader on 3.9 b/l phones if you so desire (note the bootloader upgrade does not work on ziphone unlocked phones). Oh and you can't help but love the great looking GUI .



    A full usage guide can be found here.

    Windows version here.

    Big credit goes out to francis, pepijn, George Zhu, AViegas, cmw, w__, Baalbeck, bgm, cRAKn, GeoHot, MuscleNerd, pumpkin, SoLoR, sunny, tjcarter, and the iPhoneDev Team.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: iLibertyX - Premier iPhone/iTouch Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Activation for OS X started by Cody Overcash View original post
    Comments 92 Comments
    1. adam_hussynec's Avatar
      adam_hussynec -
      awesome
    1. abukadi's Avatar
      abukadi -
      what does the "free my 8GB iPhone" mean?

      I have a 16GB , so it wont' work on it? beside would it work on 1.1.2 or only 1.1.4?
      Thankx
    1. Kyle Matthews's Avatar
      Kyle Matthews -
      Works fine on anything 1.0.2 and up.

      Free my 8GB iPhone is in the screenshot because Cody has an 8GB iPhone. iLibertyX knows what's connected to it.
    1. kingskid07's Avatar
      kingskid07 -
      Looks Cool... but is it really worth leaving Independence or ziphone in the wind for???
    1. alucardunit1's Avatar
      alucardunit1 -
      yeah what versions is it for?
    1. iNfEk's Avatar
      iNfEk -
      whats the difference on this vs ziphone?
    1. abukadi's Avatar
      abukadi -
      iLiberty quits every time I start it . my iPhone is just restored to 1.1.2 16GB
      what's the deal here? anybody has a success story with this software?
    1. pncntigger's Avatar
      pncntigger -
      Nice. Can't wait to try this out.
    1. thedirtyone's Avatar
      thedirtyone -
      Quote Originally Posted by abukadi View Post
      iLiberty quits every time I start it . my iPhone is just restored to 1.1.2 16GB
      what's the deal here? anybody has a success story with this software?
      have you tried restarting your computer?

      Quote Originally Posted by kingskid07 View Post
      Looks Cool... but is it really worth leaving Independence or ziphone in the wind for???
      Quote Originally Posted by iNfEk View Post
      whats the difference on this vs ziphone?
      ZiPhone? Sure does! If you use ZiPhone on an iPhone with the 4.6 bootloader, it gets permanently downgraded to 3.9...forever, unless you do a hardware flash.

      iLibertyX, based on the iPlus core, downgrades to a fully reversable 3.9FB (Fake Bootloader) and is a much cleaner solution.

      Personally, I like anything that I can click undo to.

      Quote Originally Posted by alucardunit1 View Post
      yeah what versions is it for?
      Are you serious? Did you even read the guide?

      It works with 1.0.2 and up, and is extremely easy to use!
    1. zoolander369's Avatar
      zoolander369 -
      Where do we get the payloads from???
    1. thedirtyone's Avatar
      thedirtyone -
      Quote Originally Posted by zoolander369 View Post
      Where do we get the payloads from???
      http://iliberty.zjlotto.com/Payloads/
    1. marcoiac's Avatar
      marcoiac -
      Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
      iLibertyX does it all, jailbreaks, activates and unlocks firmware 1.1.4 for all bootloader versions of the iPhone and easily jailbreaks your iPod Touch. .
      From this it looks like you may want to use iLibertyX only on FW 1.1.4

      However, the iphoneproject website says "Whether it be using older jailbreaking methods for phones pre-1.1.4, or setting your new phones free for the first time, you can do it all simply by checking a box." This suggests one can use iLibertyX on all sorts of iPhones.

      The information is a bit in conflict here. What's the answer?

      I have a JB 1.1.3 with Nate's softupgrade from 1.1.1. I'd rather use iLibertyX without restoring to 1.1.4. Can I? Which FW do I end up with if I don't restore, 1.1.3 or 1.1.4?

      Also, what's the point of the reflash EDGE/WiFi/Bluetooth payload? After Nate's JB, my WiFi is fine, but my EDGE is a bit buggy (I think it works, I see EDGE's IP address but the icon does not show and I can't use YouTube on EDGE, only on WiFi.) Would it be helpful in my case to use this payload (I am an ATT customer, so I only jailbreak)?

      Thanks a lot.
    1. Remik_k's Avatar
      Remik_k -
      Don't work by me. I have connected my iphone and started XLiberty and 15 times quit.
    1. rockjohn's Avatar
      rockjohn -
      can u undo the jaill break using the program if so how ??
    1. thedirtyone's Avatar
      thedirtyone -
      Quote Originally Posted by marcoiac View Post
      From this it looks like you may want to use iLibertyX only on FW 1.1.4

      However, the iphoneproject website says "Whether it be using older jailbreaking methods for phones pre-1.1.4, or setting your new phones free for the first time, you can do it all simply by checking a box." This suggests one can use iLibertyX on all sorts of iPhones.

      The information is a bit in conflict here. What's the answer?
      I think what they're getting across is that it's not JUST for OTB iPhones. I can't say that it will work with FW 1.1.3 or older, but the safe bet would be to re-virginize (if needed) and restore to 1.1.4.

      Quote Originally Posted by marcoiac View Post
      I have a JB 1.1.3 with Nate's softupgrade from 1.1.1. I'd rather use iLibertyX without restoring to 1.1.4. Can I? Which FW do I end up with if I don't restore, 1.1.3 or 1.1.4?

      Also, what's the point of the reflash EDGE/WiFi/Bluetooth payload? After Nate's JB, my WiFi is fine, but my EDGE is a bit buggy (I think it works, I see EDGE's IP address but the icon does not show and I can't use YouTube on EDGE, only on WiFi.) Would it be helpful in my case to use this payload (I am an ATT customer, so I only jailbreak)?

      Thanks a lot.
      I would backup everything and restore to 1.1.4. The E/W/B fix will reflash your baseband if you were having problems with a different method. It wouldn't hurt to try.
    1. Poseidon79's Avatar
      Poseidon79 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rockjohn View Post
      can u undo the jaill break using the program if so how ??
      To undo a jailbreak all you have to do is connect to iTunes and hit the RESTORE button and it will bring your phone back to factory state.
    1. thedirtyone's Avatar
      thedirtyone -
      Quote Originally Posted by Remik_k View Post
      Don't work by me. I have connected my iphone and started XLiberty and 15 times quit.
      Have you tried rebooting your computer? Have you tried plugging in your iPhone into a different USB port? Is your iPhone in DFU? Give some more information.

      Quote Originally Posted by rockjohn View Post
      can u undo the jaill break using the program if so how ??
      Restore your iPhone.
    1. abukadi's Avatar
      abukadi -
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by abukadi View Post
      iLiberty quits every time I start it . my iPhone is just restored to 1.1.2 16GB
      what's the deal here? anybody has a success story with this software?
      have you tried restarting your computer?
      I figured it out, it quit after taking the iphone out of the recovery mode and u need to start iTunes and the restart iLibertyX again it should works fine now.

      I have a problem with JB 1.1.2 it seems not working properly it stuck my iphone on the recovery mode and if I stop the process the test starts to appear on my iPhone and stuck there forever so I need to restore the FW again.

      I tried it with 1.1.4 and it worked fine but i want 1.1.2 . any work around??
      if not then this software did not add anything to iPlus2.0b basically.

      anyway I will restore my phone now and try using other software to JB and unlock.
    1. thedirtyone's Avatar
      thedirtyone -
      Quote Originally Posted by abukadi View Post
      I figured it out, it quit after taking the iphone out of the recovery mode and u need to start iTunes and the restart iLibertyX again it should works fine now.

      I have a problem with JB 1.1.2 it seems not working properly it stuck my iphone on the recovery mode and if I stop the process the test starts to appear on my iPhone and stuck there forever so I need to restore the FW again.

      I tried it with 1.1.4 and it worked fine but i want 1.1.2 . any work around??
      if not then this software did not add anything to iPlus2.0b basically.

      anyway I will restore my phone now and try using other software to JB and unlock.
      Put your 1.1.2 into DFU and restore to 1.1.4. Then use iLibertyX.
    1. marcoiac's Avatar
      marcoiac -
      Quote Originally Posted by thedirtyone View Post
      I would backup everything and restore to 1.1.4. The E/W/B fix will reflash your baseband if you were having problems with a different method. It wouldn't hurt to try.
      Thanks.
      But if I restore to 1.1.4 I should also get the baseband that goes with it (which is 4.04something, I think), so that should fix my previous baseband issues anyway, shouldn't it?