• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • ZiPhone 2.5 for 1.1.4 Firmware Has Been Released
    Yes Zibri has released ZiPhone 2.5 to the world. This is for full functionality on all firmware versions (iPhone only atm). He also released this to everyone at the same time instead of the initial plan of releasing to donators first. Read on for download links.

    ZiPhone 2.5 is now on download site for
    you all to enjoy.
    I decided to release it for everyone since MANY
    are helping supporting sponsors.
    And it would not have been fair to them.
    I suggest you to do a restore to 1.1.4
    not an update. Because installer keeps old
    installed apps in it's cache and you would have problems.
    Hoping people at conceited software resolve that soon.
    After restore to 1.1.4, just use "ziphone -Z Y" or the first
    button on GUI versions.

    Have fun !
    And thanks to everyone for supporting and caring!

    Stay tuned ! More interesting things are coming up on this site!

    Namaste!
    Zibri.
    OS X Download | Download
    Windows Download | Download
    This article was originally published in forum thread: ZiPhone 2.5 for 1.1.4 Firmware Has Been Released started by Cody Overcash View original post
    Comments 613 Comments
    1. gavko's Avatar
      gavko -
      Jatatla:
      they just fixed some bugs and iphone reacts faster and better.should have better reception and some work done with safari but ppl saying that nothing huge.
      i mean come on apple...you can't do better???
    1. crash944's Avatar
      crash944 -
      Zibri, MMI, and all those whom have made this all possible, I Salute You! You're fine work is appreciated by me! 2.5 worked brilliantly on my phone, but I've gone back to 1.1.3 for program compatability until most get updated.
      Thanks again,
      Serpent
    1. chakraj's Avatar
      chakraj -
      you guys having trouble. when you set up your iphone both after the restore and after the jailbreak, did you set it up as a new phone or did you restore it as you had it before? and are you on att?

      and yes im sure apple can do better. if they would stop spending half their time trying to ruin what everyone here has created and just concentrated on improving the product i think they would have allot more done by now
    1. b-ballstyle's Avatar
      b-ballstyle -
      Is anyone notice some changes in 1.1.4 after upgrading?

      Quote Originally Posted by chakraj View Post
      you guys having trouble. when you set up your iphone both after the restore and after the jailbreak, did you set it up as a new phone or did you restore it as you had it before? and are you on att?
      I back up my phone using itunes and I dont have any problems.. Im not with ATT
    1. reef150's Avatar
      reef150 -
      I read through and don't think I see this specifically clarified...

      I'm on AT&T and thus do not have a need / desire to Unlock - only want to Jailbreak. I have a phone that was OTB 1.0.2 and has been updated to 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2 & Jailbroken.

      If I do not select the "unlock" option on ZiPhone will it still update my Baseband? Since I don't need to be Unlocked I'd think I'd want the latest baseband, no?

      eagerly awaiting confirmation so I can join the 1.1.4 ranks and get my wiggly icons
    1. maritimeswimmer's Avatar
      maritimeswimmer -
      Quote Originally Posted by sweet02nicole View Post
      if i have a never jailbroken iphone 1.1.1 do i need to do a restore? or do i just upgrade to 1.1.4 in itunes and then do the ziphone 2.5? thanks
      Mate what you need to do is so easy and really simple mate, here it goes just update to 1.1.4 then use ziphone 2.5 and pick the one that says "Do It ALL" it will do it all for you lol Jailbreak/Activate/Unlock.
      Cheers mate!

      Quote Originally Posted by sab3083 View Post
      i read almost all the threads and have a couple questions i just need clearing up before i jump into this, because i jumped into trying to jailbreak 1.1.3 and had a unjailbroken 1.1.3 thats i couldnt jailbreak for almost 2 weeks, and i seriously hated my phone.

      so i understand to restore to 1.1.4 through itunes, then run the new ziphone. but is there a way to do this and keep all the 3rd party apps on the phone without having to reinstall everything again? if not ill keep 1.1.3 because i like all the themes and programs on my phone that i have now.

      also is customize and smb prefs working? and is apollo working on 1.1.4?

      thanx
      steve
      I dont know if apollo works but i do know what mobile chat is working cause i used it and just remember to install the imobile patch for 1.1.3 that fixes the crash on the 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 apollo and mobile chat login.


      BTW i have found something weird and this is that on my first try i did a restore to 1.1.4 everything went well except that i had a mail crash then i did a restore again and on the second intent it worked out perfectly i also made it look like a new iphone not as a back up as i did on the first intent.

      umm everything else works and everything was working properly on both intents like youtube,locate me, weather, google maps, safari, etc!

      Ziphone its the best and is the most reliable one!

      Cheers, Maritimeswimmer!!!

      PS: for those people that are still asking about the 4.6bl to 3.9bl well ziphone does it for you and dont worry everything goes well lads!
    1. Cave Man's Avatar
      Cave Man -
      Is anyone else experiencing download problems with Installer? I was able to install a couple of things (Books, Sherlock Holmes, Britannica), but when I went to BSD Subsystem the download failed. Everything since then has failed, too, since the 1.1.4 update.
    1. dnoc's Avatar
      dnoc -
      Quote Originally Posted by soldoutluck View Post
      I with ya, "the dirty one" and people like him are a definitly lamn. all i can say to those guys is sorry im going through midterms at a university that im not flunking out of because all i do is play online games and look for new ways to be a sarcastic @ss, and think I am brilliant because i may have a bit more knowlage in an area that can really in no way impact the world at all. Anyway, i'd rather ask a stupid question then skrew up MiPhone cause it's worth way to much to be a paper weight. $700 custom painted paper weight with an apple logo on it does me no good. Seems logical to ask questions
      plz just post somewhere else , Think before u ask.
    1. kepap0r's Avatar
      kepap0r -
      what do i do if i already have updated to 1.1.4 through itunes? do i use ziphone 2.5?
    1. thedirtyone's Avatar
      thedirtyone -
      Quote Originally Posted by cantar74 View Post
      You aren't kidding.

      This "thedirtyone" character is just that. It is nice of him to be informative and answer people's questions, but he has a very condescending tone to his replies.

      I am not the only one in this forum that has a problem with him. Like I always say, it is not what you say but how you say it.
      Thanks for the compliment about being informative. That's what I was trying to be. All I said was "go thank the devs by donating to them". There's was no tone there nor was it intended. I wasn't aware there was a problem.

      Quote Originally Posted by soldoutluck View Post
      I with ya, "the dirty one" and people like him are a definitly lamn. all i can say to those guys is sorry im going through midterms at a university that im not flunking out of because all i do is play online games and look for new ways to be a sarcastic @ss, and think I am brilliant because i may have a bit more knowlage in an area that can really in no way impact the world at all. Anyway, i'd rather ask a stupid question then skrew up MiPhone cause it's worth way to much to be a paper weight. $700 custom painted paper weight with an apple logo on it does me no good. Seems logical to ask questions
      Don't even know what lamn is, but I'm assuming it's "lame". Did I flame you for asking something that is a basic feature of the iPhone and is explained when you install the firmware via iTunes and at apple.com? Yes. I understand you don't want to screw up your phone, but the webclip has nothing to do with ZiPhone or messing up your iPhone. Stop insulting people because they disagree with you. I am putting the kabash on this. Let's keep this pertaining to the brilliance of ZiPhone and questions relating to it.

      Quote Originally Posted by Cave Man View Post
      Is anyone else experiencing download problems with Installer? I was able to install a couple of things (Books, Sherlock Holmes, Britannica), but when I went to BSD Subsystem the download failed. Everything since then has failed, too, since the 1.1.4 update.
      try rebooting your iPhone.
    1. koenster's Avatar
      koenster -
      got a problem with mine, sounds like the clinck sound on unlocking doesn't work, and also the feedback of the vibrator when i turn it on vibrate isn't there.

      iphone original shipped 1.1.1
      now ziphone 1.1.4
    1. cantar74's Avatar
      cantar74 -
      Quote Originally Posted by thedirtyone View Post
      Thanks for the compliment about being informative. That's what I was trying to be. All I said was "go thank the devs by donating to them". There's was no tone there nor was it intended. I wasn't aware there was a problem.



      Don't even know what lamn is, but I'm assuming it's "lame". Did I flame you for asking something that is a basic feature of the iPhone and is explained when you install the firmware via iTunes and at apple.com? Yes. I understand you don't want to screw up your phone, but the webclip has nothing to do with ZiPhone or messing up your iPhone. Stop insulting people because they disagree with you. I am putting the kabash on this. Let's keep this pertaining to the brilliance of ZiPhone and questions relating to it.



      try rebooting your iPhone.
      I agree let's all end this little quarrel before it gets out of hand. We all said our piece and had our say, so let's all get back to the topic at hand and that is supporting this wonderful iPhone community.
    1. legendka7's Avatar
      legendka7 -
      Quick question.

      Has anyone been able to update, jailbreak & activate using 4.6BL?
      and if yes, what is the baseband you end up with?

      or at the moment, the only way to get to 1.1.4 is to downgrade the BL?
    1. thedirtyone's Avatar
      thedirtyone -
      Quote Originally Posted by koenster View Post
      got a problem with mine, sounds like the clinck sound on unlocking doesn't work, and also the feedback of the vibrator when i turn it on vibrate isn't there.

      iphone original shipped 1.1.1
      now ziphone 1.1.4
      the "unlock sound" doesn't happen when your iPhone is in vibrate mode.

      have you tried calling your iPhone to see if the vibrate works? If you don't have it at startup, but it still works for incoming calls, it's not a big deal..
    1. Carrick's Avatar
      Carrick -
      This update went flawlessly for me. But I'm having one strange problem. I restored to 1.1.4 before using ziphone 2.5. Then restored all my settings using itunes.

      Before this update I had webpages on the springboard I really didn't need and now I dont want. Everytime I delete them now, they come right back everytime I use installer or reboot my phone. Anyone have any suggestions?

      Thanks,

      Carrick
    1. Cave Man's Avatar
      Cave Man -
      Quote Originally Posted by thedirtyone View Post
      try rebooting your iPhone.
      I have shut down the phone three times, but to no avail.
    1. norcalmike's Avatar
      norcalmike -
      Worked great for me. Was Jailbroken 1.1.3. Restored to 1.1.4 and Jailbroke. No unlock because i'm on at&t. Used the Windows version on XP
    1. ajl917's Avatar
      ajl917 -
      Quote Originally Posted by norcalmike View Post
      Worked great for me. Was Jailbroken 1.1.3. Restored to 1.1.4 and Jailbroke. No unlock because i'm on at&t. Used the Windows version on XP
      Same...
    1. koenster's Avatar
      koenster -
      Quote Originally Posted by thedirtyone View Post
      the "unlock sound" doesn't happen when your iPhone is in vibrate mode.

      have you tried calling your iPhone to see if the vibrate works? If you don't have it at startup, but it still works for incoming calls, it's not a big deal..
      it doesn't make the sound even in non vibrate mode, and a discoverd aswell that, when chose a sound, the sms sounds i can't preview listen...i used too in 1.1.3
    1. DocGo's Avatar
      DocGo -
      This worked fine on my unlocked/jailbroken 1.1.2
      I now have an unlocked, jailbroken 1.1.4 iphone. How can I install the installer app?