• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Jailbreak Jailbroke? iPhone Unleashed upgrade through iTunes and remain free
    Great things to comes. Could it be true?

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks86VRzVLic"]YouTube - iPhone unleashed[/ame]

    "iPhone Unleashed" by roxfan, Turbo, wizdaze, bgm, pumpkin.

    This video shows a iphone jailbroken on 1.1.1, upgraded to 1.1.4 via iTunes, with full functionality and still jailbroken once finished. VERY Exciting.

    If you haven't been following this team as they make our iPhonez belong to them the video above is the latest update following their initial video demonstrating their hack of the iPhone restore screen below.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mYSGbm02zQ"]YouTube - iPhone 0wnage[/ame]

    No they have not released their methods yet, just posting news on what's to come.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Jailbreak Jailbroke? iPhone Unleashed upgrade through iTunes and remain free started by Cody Overcash View original post
    Comments 55 Comments
    1. shinihshi kudo's Avatar
      shinihshi kudo -
      marvelous work, but when released this miracle hehe.
    1. Argo_Rei's Avatar
      Argo_Rei -
      its great, but unless they've figured out a way to permanantly jailbreak an iphone, even through future updates, this is just one of many ways to jailbreak...and isnt that revolutionary. Ziphone has the same effect, only it isnt through iTunes, and requires one click

      not to dismiss it completly, it is pretty impressive managing to get the jailbreak to stick through a restore and update...i definately couldnt manage it! Hope to see more things to come from them! (and nice apple logo )
    1. bud_690's Avatar
      bud_690 -
      1.1.4 does work with ziphone man.
    1. joseruinyc's Avatar
      joseruinyc -
      with the new unlock and jaibreak you keep your unlock if you were to upgrade again to same firmware. and he only shows firmware version which can be changed just by editing systemversion.plist under core services. if he were to show the modem firmware then i might believe it. i think its a fake..
    1. mrt2's Avatar
      mrt2 -
      I think it's fake too. At around 3:09 right before he shows the 'new' firmware the video jumps and cuts off part of the screen and then after he shows the 'new' firmware the screen jumps back to full again at around 3:17. Not sure what's going on here but it's very odd and screams hoax to me.
    1. drkgremlin's Avatar
      drkgremlin -
      Quote Originally Posted by mrt2 View Post
      I think it's fake too. At around 3:09 right before he shows the 'new' firmware the video jumps and cuts off part of the screen and then after he shows the 'new' firmware the screen jumps back to full again at around 3:17. Not sure what's going on here but it's very odd and screams hoax to me.
      They cut of the screen to prevent people from seeing the phone's
      *serial number
      * wifi mac address
      *bluetoothe mac address
      * IMEI number
    1. Mann22's Avatar
      Mann22 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Argo_Rei View Post
      its great, but unless they've figured out a way to permanantly jailbreak an iphone, even through future updates, this is just one of many ways to jailbreak...and isnt that revolutionary. Ziphone has the same effect, only it isnt through iTunes, and requires one click

      not to dismiss it completly, it is pretty impressive managing to get the jailbreak to stick through a restore and update...i definately couldnt manage it! Hope to see more things to come from them! (and nice apple logo )
      I think you might be missing the point. Jailbreaking is not new at all. However, to do something to an iPhone that not even a direct Apple update can undo is the real genius. They are basically saying that they have more control over they're phone, then the people who made it...that's the way it should be. At least, that's what i take from it.
    1. sogo's Avatar
      sogo -
      Meh, not that cool.
    1. Jobs's Avatar
      Jobs -
      How did they change the boot screen image
    1. Argo_Rei's Avatar
      Argo_Rei -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mann22 View Post
      I think you might be missing the point. Jailbreaking is not new at all. However, to do something to an iPhone that not even a direct Apple update can undo is the real genius. They are basically saying that they have more control over they're phone, then the people who made it...that's the way it should be. At least, that's what i take from it.
      thats actually exactly my point working around a direct update/restore...genius! but as practicality goes, being able to work around this one individual update isnt exactly the best thing to happen to the iphone ever...

      IF this were permanant regardless of what update you use, and were to work in future updates, then i'd be jumping up and down like a little girl and kissing the ground they walk on! as it stands though this seems like another clever way of jailbreaking/unlocking...and whilst yes, its very clever, the end result...we've been there, done that
    1. Ezekiel-'s Avatar
      Ezekiel- -
      If you notice in that video. All they are doing is using a pre-patched ipsw file that is jailbroken/activated/unlocked. Just simply use Shift-click and you are as good as done. Well done devs.
    1. A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
      A_SWELLGUY -
      A pre-patched ispw makes perfect sense why hasn't any one come up with that? It makes perfect sense but is probably really hard to create. Any hoot I am still looking foward to this jail break method!
    1. babikian's Avatar
      babikian -
      Joe Santriani
    1. macintoshpie's Avatar
      macintoshpie -
      duuuudeee thats fricking crazyyyyy
    1. mwr_allen's Avatar
      mwr_allen -
      This looks like they have modified the actual iPhone software itself so it is already including the files needed that a "jailbeak" uses.

      What does everyone else think.

      How do they modify the apple logo? where is this file when looking in WinSCP?

      Does this mean that if and when this method is released then it will be possible just to add the "apps" directly to the ipsw file from your computer so that the apps will already be on the phone at the end of the restore/upgrade so no need for using installer (it does take a long time if you want access to all the decent sources), thats assuming that all the apps would be available to download directly from the internet to your computer.

      I saw a video interview with Steve Jobs answering a question about the security of the iPhone software saying that "its like a game of cat & mouse" and now it seems like the tables have turned, ironic.
    1. m_alexandro121's Avatar
      m_alexandro121 -
      well i thinks is quit an great job for, it's impressive how do they manage to hack the apple software ... im impress

      but i have a question .. i jailbreak my ifone and now i have 1.1.3 so my question is this. what improvements does the 1.1.4 have on 1.1.3 ... and if there is, how big does this improvement change my phone... if there isn't one what is the reason for doing an upgrade to 1.1.4? thanks
    1. ajl917's Avatar
      ajl917 -
      Quote Originally Posted by m_alexandro121 View Post
      well i thinks is quit an great job for, it's impressive how do they manage to hack the apple software ... im impress

      but i have a question .. i jailbreak my ifone and now i have 1.1.3 so my question is this. what improvements does the 1.1.4 have on 1.1.3 ... and if there is, how big does this improvement change my phone... if there isn't one what is the reason for doing an upgrade to 1.1.4? thanks
      1.1.4 just fixes bugs from 1.1.3. With ZiPhone working with 1.1.4 now, you might as well just go to 1.1.4 and jailbreak it...
    1. King Chronic's Avatar
      King Chronic -
      Quote Originally Posted by chronzz View Post
      they are still the easiest way to do things. who knows if this ever gets released since i think they are actually moding the firmware file and i think that is illegal
      1. It will get released

      2. It will make things much easier

      3. 'i think', are the key words here. Don't assume things.

      Quote Originally Posted by Argo_Rei View Post
      its great, but unless they've figured out a way to permanantly jailbreak an iphone, even through future updates, this is just one of many ways to jailbreak...and isnt that revolutionary. Ziphone has the same effect, only it isnt through iTunes, and requires one click

      not to dismiss it completly, it is pretty impressive managing to get the jailbreak to stick through a restore and update...i definately couldnt manage it! Hope to see more things to come from them! (and nice apple logo )
      The jailbreak did not 'stick' through the upgrade. That is not how it works at all. Wait until it comes out and you'll understand.

      Quote Originally Posted by mrt2 View Post
      I think it's fake too. At around 3:09 right before he shows the 'new' firmware the video jumps and cuts off part of the screen and then after he shows the 'new' firmware the screen jumps back to full again at around 3:17. Not sure what's going on here but it's very odd and screams hoax to me.
      This is very far from fake my friend

      Quote Originally Posted by sogo View Post
      Meh, not that cool.
      I guess that's just your opinion then

      Quote Originally Posted by Jobs View Post
      How did they change the boot screen image
      It is a part of the restore file

      Quote Originally Posted by Argo_Rei View Post
      thats actually exactly my point working around a direct update/restore...genius! but as practicality goes, being able to work around this one individual update isnt exactly the best thing to happen to the iphone ever...

      IF this were permanant regardless of what update you use, and were to work in future updates, then i'd be jumping up and down like a little girl and kissing the ground they walk on! as it stands though this seems like another clever way of jailbreaking/unlocking...and whilst yes, its very clever, the end result...we've been there, done that
      I see what you are thinking, but this is not just an exploit for one update file. In fact, the update file is not even the thing that makes this work, the only thing modified is the system partition to add Installer.app, the modified fstab, and a patched lockdownd to it.

      Quote Originally Posted by A_SWELLGUY View Post
      A pre-patched ispw makes perfect sense why hasn't any one come up with that? It makes perfect sense but is probably really hard to create. Any hoot I am still looking foward to this jail break method!
      Nope, not really that hard if you know what you are doing. If you were not aware, there is a lot of signature checking and the like when a restore file is being loaded in iTunes
    1. jimbeam4581's Avatar
      jimbeam4581 -
      I think they modified the OS itself not the firmware. the boot process is not part of the firmware or is the restore. there left apart from the firmware for safety reasons. So no matter what you do you always have a way to fix it. I think they may have figured out how to imbed installer.app in the OS or figured how to keep itunes from locking it down.

      But its really hard to say from the videos. if they demonstrated using different firmwares then you would know for sure. I just really hope thats what they did. That would most likely put and end to the new jailbreaks every month. If they did the same for the touch it would be awesome.
    1. afinite17's Avatar
      afinite17 -
      Ok, retard, you wasted 3:30 of my time to see something thats been around for how long? Tool.