• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Firmware 1.1.4 Released for Iphone / iPod Touch
    It's out.

    As always remember if you have a unlocked iPhone don't upgrade until the devs have had some time to look into things. Oh and if you upgrade your jailbreak will probably be gone as well -- as always

    For those of you all excited to upgrade please post you experiences

    iPhone 1.1.4 Firmware Download Another Link

    iPod Touch 1.1.4 Firmware Download Another Link
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Firmware 1.1.4 Released for Iphone / iPod Touch started by Cody Overcash View original post
    Comments 333 Comments
    1. Zolemite's Avatar
      Zolemite -
      I upgraded to 1.1.4 and never had jailbroken my phone I just did it using ziphone and nothing is really working for me except the games. I really want to change the theme but not quite sure how. I have a 4 gig Very early build
    1. elbello's Avatar
      elbello -
      I got the summerboard issue fixed.
      I inserted another source that also had summerboard, i used http://iphone4.tw/showme/ after looking in the net for a while.
      Installer installed it with no problem.
      So then I just went to uninstall and uninstalled both the new version and the one brought in from 1.1.3 and they both uninstalled with no problem, just make sure to clear the queue. Now I reinstalled the normal summerboard from Nullriver and voila!
      Everything is workingnow. Summerbpard and Customize are also working. All my ringtones and my customized sounds, wallpaper, everything works!!!
      remmber to change your systemversion file to 1.1.3 and use the ziphone ibrickr fix too for iphonebrowser.
      also, Im running windows vista and I am a AT&T customer.

      Quote Originally Posted by asadjewonxmas View Post
      im continuing to get an error in installer cannot update, install or uninstall. jailbroken 1.1.4 att customer upgraded from jailbroken 1.1.3 all done with ziphone. everything else workes on 1.1.4 no issues other than this. any fixes would be great. if so please explain in details or include a link and i will read.


      thanks,
      joe
      try running the ziphone again and re-jailbreak it.
      you haven't been able to install anything through installer?
    1. realisticmind1's Avatar
      realisticmind1 -
      I can't bear to read ALL 19 pages of replies, so I'll ask this once..

      Does 1.1.4 fix the dropped call problem? If so, then this is well worth not being able to jailbreak my phone, even though it seems as it is still possible with ziphone.
    1. y0haan's Avatar
      y0haan -
      Quote Originally Posted by asadjewonxmas View Post
      im continuing to get an error in installer cannot update, install or uninstall. jailbroken 1.1.4 att customer upgraded from jailbroken 1.1.3 all done with ziphone. everything else workes on 1.1.4 no issues other than this. any fixes would be great. if so please explain in details or include a link and i will read.


      thanks,
      joe
      Same problem here bro' , what I did to finally get 1.1.4 working was to just use DFU, restore back to 1.1.3 ( I didn't care about loosing stuffz as I made a backup of apps,themes etc...). Once you get the 0015 error, use the iBrickr .91 to restart & then restore again to 1.1.3 via iTunes.

      Then upgrade to 1.1.4. Make sure basic stuffz work & then run the ZiPhoneGUI 2.4 to jailbreak.

      Right now I have the installer, BSD & OpenSSH installed via the Installer.
      No problems as of yet, but have not had time to install the bread & butter apps yet.
    1. danaconda's Avatar
      danaconda -
      Quote Originally Posted by asadjewonxmas View Post
      im continuing to get an error in installer cannot update, install or uninstall. jailbroken 1.1.4 att customer upgraded from jailbroken 1.1.3 all done with ziphone. everything else workes on 1.1.4 no issues other than this. any fixes would be great. if so please explain in details or include a link and i will read.


      thanks,
      joe
      I had the same problem. Run it again. It works for me after running jailbreak a second time.
    1. i3fan8760's Avatar
      i3fan8760 -
      ok im on a jailbroken 1.1.4 iphone and an att customer. i cant find the ziohone ibrickr fix on my installer... any help plz?
    1. matt.superman's Avatar
      matt.superman -
      Quote Originally Posted by i3fan8760 View Post
      ok im on a jailbroken 1.1.4 iphone and an att customer. i cant find the ziohone ibrickr fix on my installer... any help plz?
      Hey just when in installer go to add in sources and add i.unlock.no and go to ibrickr fix and voilą you restart and good to go!
    1. PlayStation3Br's Avatar
      PlayStation3Br -
      help me people.

      i have actualy 1.1.4 with no activation.

      i make a upgrade using iTunes in a 1.1.3 iphone unlocked with anySim 113 working fine, and now update to 1.1.4 and try jaikbreak and activate with ZiPhone 2.4, this make correct procedure, but iphone not activated.

      Help guys..
    1. kpavery's Avatar
      kpavery -
      Quote Originally Posted by PlayStation3Br View Post
      help me people.

      i have actualy 1.1.4 with no activation.

      i make a upgrade using iTunes in a 1.1.3 iphone unlocked with anySim 113 working fine, and now update to 1.1.4 and try jaikbreak and activate with ZiPhone 2.4, this make correct procedure, but iphone not activated.

      Help guys..
      That's exactly what Zibri said would happen, ziPhone can Jailbreak but NOT activate OR unlock phones currently.
    1. y0haan's Avatar
      y0haan -
      Quote Originally Posted by y0haan View Post
      Same problem here bro' , what I did to finally get 1.1.4 working was to just use DFU, restore back to 1.1.3 ( I didn't care about loosing stuffz as I made a backup of apps,themes etc...). Once you get the 0015 error, use the iBrickr .91 to restart & then restore again to 1.1.3 via iTunes.

      Then upgrade to 1.1.4. Make sure basic stuffz work & then run the ZiPhoneGUI 2.4 to jailbreak.

      Right now I have the installer, BSD & OpenSSH installed via the Installer.
      No problems as of yet, but have not had time to install the bread & butter apps yet.
      iSwitcherAE, Categories, Summerboard, Poof & BossPref's, I can say work so far.
    1. TrippleSinner's Avatar
      TrippleSinner -
      for some reason I cant get Ziphone (windows) too work, I open it and it says the application failed too initialize properly(0xc0000135) whats this about?
    1. A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
      A_SWELLGUY -
      anyone having issues with the upgrade be sure to delete all apps that you are running on your jailbroken 1.1.3 and restore your 1.1.3 to a fully restored state no installer nothing a clean un-jailbroken state. now that your running a clean slate update to 1.1.4 and use ziphone or independence to jailbreak. you should be golden some apps will not work they have to be updated you can save yourself allot of trouble with errors and issues if you go this route. jail break only so far.

      a_swellguy

      thank me if I helped
    1. nypc69gabe's Avatar
      nypc69gabe -
      Quote Originally Posted by TrippleSinner View Post
      for some reason I cant get Ziphone (windows) too work, I open it and it says the application failed too initialize properly(0xc0000135) whats this about?
      make sure you extract the file on to your c: drive and not into any other folder and run it from there. It should be CZiphone and run from there
    1. lisa-marie's Avatar
      lisa-marie -
      Categories doesn't work. It makes a iPod from my iPhone after starting the program. What was my mistake.
    1. bobby_nguyen's Avatar
      bobby_nguyen -
      the new independence is out that will jailbreak, activate, and unlock your 1.1.4 ! good luck guys, i'll be at 1.1.2 for awhile....
    1. ratattak's Avatar
      ratattak -
      hey all, just wanted to give my 1.1.4 feedback. i read the first 2-3 pages of this forum but got bored, so if anything here is repeated, i apologize:

      i am running an 8g iphone (originally 1.0.2), win xp (unfortunately)
      i updated to 1.1.4 tonight.
      Jailbroken using ziphone v2.4 (which is amazing)
      everything works.

      I have been comparing my 1.1.4 jb to my bf's 1.1.3jb, and so far, i have not found really anything different between the two.

      I do agree that pages on the safari tab screen stay "active," but i noticed that started working in 1.1.3. However, i am getting up to 8 tabs now. is that new? i'm not sure.

      Oh yea, is it just me or can you zoom in on websites more than before?

      edit:
      i read on appleinsider's 1.1.4 forum:
      post 46: "if you drag/drop a bookmark from page 1 to page 2, then press and hold it for 2 seconds, an horizontal line appears dividing the page in two, the upper has the title "Applications", the bottom part has the title "Bookmarks". Dragging th icon or realising it will make the titles disappear."
      post 76: Now I can use my iphone as a TV remote!
      neither of these claims have i found true, nor have i seen any more info about them. Many people said they could not get the newest addition to the "drag/drop" part to work. Any ideas?
    1. flaviocontreras's Avatar
      flaviocontreras -
      finally after ugrading to 1.1.4 and my installer mest up i had to downgrade to 1.1.3 and then back to 1.1.4 and i used ziphone 2.3 work for me better then ziphone 2.4. Now everything works except i cannot used summerboard when i try to installed it tells me i need to be on 1.1.3 does any one know if they are going to make summeboard for 1.1.4 or any other way to installed it.
    1. y0haan's Avatar
      y0haan -
      Quote Originally Posted by flaviocontreras View Post
      finally after ugrading to 1.1.4 and my installer mest up i had to downgrade to 1.1.3 and then back to 1.1.4 and i used ziphone 2.3 work for me better then ziphone 2.4. Now everything works except i cannot used summerboard when i try to installed it tells me i need to be on 1.1.3 does any one know if they are going to make summeboard for 1.1.4 or any other way to installed it.
      Page 7 of this thread has a fix to get SB installed. Read up Bro.
    1. Veridian5's Avatar
      Veridian5 -
      I noticed a few of you posted that you have just ordered phones in the last few days but I didn't see any of you repost once they arrived. Did any of you end up with 1.1.4 otb? or are they still 1.1.3?

      I ordered 8 about 2 days ago (4x8GBs and 4x16GBs) and I'm curious as to what version they are likely to have installed. I'm hoping they are not all 1.1.4otb.

      When they actually arrive I'll post the dates/numbers/version etc.
    1. m2x03's Avatar
      m2x03 -
      IN CASE YOU UPGRADED TO 1.1.4 with baseband 04.04.05:
      This is how I downgraded the baseband and tried it many times before I share it to you guys.

      1. I downgraded my firmware to 1.0.2 >> then Activated and Jailbreak it using ZiPhone (Dont use iBrickr) you will be stuck.
      2. Once your 1.0.2 is Activated and Jailbroken by ZiPhone you will see that your baseband now is 04.03.13_G.
      3. Then restore your iPhone to firmware 1.1.3 >> then Activate and Jailbreak it again using Ziphone. After this your iPhone is now back and working at 1.1.3 with the baseband of 04.03.13_G.

      Goodluck!!! I am not liable for anything I am just sharing my downgrading experience to all of you....

      Thank you!!!