• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Firmware 1.1.4 Released for Iphone / iPod Touch
    It's out.

    As always remember if you have a unlocked iPhone don't upgrade until the devs have had some time to look into things. Oh and if you upgrade your jailbreak will probably be gone as well -- as always

    For those of you all excited to upgrade please post you experiences

    iPhone 1.1.4 Firmware Download Another Link

    iPod Touch 1.1.4 Firmware Download Another Link
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Firmware 1.1.4 Released for Iphone / iPod Touch started by Cody Overcash View original post
    Comments 333 Comments
    1. marcoiac's Avatar
      marcoiac -
      Quote Originally Posted by mdbsat View Post
      well i wouldnt say EVERYTHING works fine, im mean i cant install most apps from the installer yet. some work some dont. no sprinboard or customize.

      i am a mac user and used ziphone 2.4 to jailbreak.

      i bought my iphone the first week they came out so whatever that means as far as what firmware i started with. i upgraded to and jail broke 1.1.2 then to 1.1.3 and now 1.1.4.

      message me if you have any other questions
      thanks. i think this is useful for a lot of people. one more question

      does google maps locate me work? that would be a biggie (it does not in my 1.1.3 JB)
    1. Pyro2927's Avatar
      Pyro2927 -
      what exactly is the package name of blaze's fix? I added his source and refreshed, but I can't find it.

      Edit>> add http://blazeco.info/blaze.xml
    1. mdbsat's Avatar
      mdbsat -
      Quote Originally Posted by marcoiac View Post
      thanks. i think this is useful for a lot of people. one more question

      does google maps locate me work? that would be a biggie (it does not in my 1.1.3 JB)
      YES, I JUST checked it and sadly it pinpoints me right to my office!:P but mine worked on my jailbroken 1.1.3 as well so im not sure whats wrong.
    1. nikolis9's Avatar
      nikolis9 -
      Independence 1.1.4 Jailbreaks & Activates
      Independence Jailbreaks and Activates 1.1.4 but it doesn't UNLOCK it, so if you are on an official contract then you can use it BUT there is a chance that you will NOT be able to unlock your iphone till 1.1.5 is released as your BaseBand will be upgraded to 04.04.05_G

      http://code.google.com/p/independence/
      __________________
    1. Nebby's Avatar
      Nebby -
      Some people have talked about modifying systemversion.plist... what file browser are you using to access this file? iPhone browser doesn't recognise that it is jailbroken and therefore i can't browse all the files. Thanks.
    1. joshysquashy's Avatar
      joshysquashy -
      Quote Originally Posted by nikolis9 View Post
      Independence 1.1.4 Jailbreaks & Activates
      Independence Jailbreaks and Activates 1.1.4 but it doesn't UNLOCK it, so if you are on an official contract then you can use it BUT there is a chance that you will NOT be able to unlock your iphone till 1.1.5 is released as your BaseBand will be upgraded to 04.04.05_G

      http://code.google.com/p/independence/
      __________________
      correct me if i'm wrong but they havnt released the new independence for 1.1.4 yet, and the current one won't run on 1.1.4 - they check the version before allowing an install, unlike ziphone.
    1. maz's Avatar
      maz -
      Quote Originally Posted by joshysquashy View Post
      correct me if i'm wrong but they havnt released the new independence for 1.1.4 yet, and the current one won't run on 1.1.4 - they check the version before allowing an install, unlike ziphone.
      News

      Feb. 26/08 - ok, so everything is in place for iNdependence to support firmware 1.1.4 except for SIM unlocking (jailbreak and activation are working quite nicely). Once a SIM unlock method is found, I'll drop it in and release a new version.

      http://code.google.com/p/independence/
    1. A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
      A_SWELLGUY -
      If any one is having problems with the 1.1.4 update and jailbreak try this: Be sure to uninstall all apps and restore back to a clean and "un-jailbroken" 1.1.3 state before the 1.1.4 upgrade and use ziphone for the jailbreak. this method should fix any problems that might come up and will help with re organizing your apps and so on. good luck!

      If it this helps be sure to toss me a thank you. ;-)
    1. mdbsat's Avatar
      mdbsat -
      how could i restore back to 1.1.3? im at 1.1.4 but i am having problems installing many things and even worse i am having problems un-installing apps. i am at 1.1.4 and jaiolbroken. any suggestions would be awesome. could i just restore back to a jailed 1.1.4 then re jailbreak to 1.1.4? would that help?

      and what the heck does it mean when i get this error message when trying to instal an app from installer...

      "Main script execution failed!"

      anyone?
    1. danslick182's Avatar
      danslick182 -
      Quote Originally Posted by shnarfin View Post
      I had the same problem with Yahoo! Push e-mail in 1.1.3. I had to go back to 1.1.2. Can anyone confirm if yahoo's push mail works in 1.1.4 jailbroken. In 1.1.3, I had to manually check for e-mail.
      Yes my Yahoo push mail now works! Upgraded to 1.1.4 and used Ziphone 2.4 to jailbreak
    1. A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
      A_SWELLGUY -
      read read read and you will find all your answers. good luck!
    1. maz's Avatar
      maz -
      Quote Originally Posted by Pyro2927 View Post
      what exactly is the package name of blaze's fix? I added his source and refreshed, but I can't find it.

      Edit>> add http://blazeco.info/blaze.xml
      Seems as they have taking it away for some reason buddy! Canīt find it either anymore :-(
    1. jrlederer's Avatar
      jrlederer -
      SwellGuy, if you are replying to my PM publicly, I would have to persist in asking the question since it was an inquiry as to your personal opinion; cut & dry answer to the question of which firmware to go with currently simply does not exist! Fwiw: I was not just asking for an easy shortcut to find answer to my questions.

      p.s.-> If the message above was not directed in response to my personal message asking which firmware you'd recommend me to run given the option, then please disregard this reply and continue to reply to my PM at your leisure. ha !!

      thanks again, and have a nice day.
      I appreciate the time you are taking to deal with the posts, so thanks.

      -jonathan
      USC School of Engineering
      Electrical Engineering Student

      I am on 1.1.3 and am experiencing the "script execution" error that comes up whenever I am attempting to install packages from Installer 3.0. I am not sure the chronology of events that may have led up to this problem manifesting itself, but it certainly is annoying and I haven't yet gotten to the bottom of it yet. I you find out let me know, as I will for you.

      Have a good one.

      --jonathan
    1. dito0020's Avatar
      dito0020 -
      JUST TESTED: 2/27/08

      For some odd reason my iphone, 1.1.3, did not let me make phone calls or sms.....I accidently updated to 1.1.4, and after that...well, you know how disappointed I was.

      Anyhow, I did some research and what I did is restore to 1.1.1 using itunes, using ziphone for windows I put it on DFU mode. Then restore to 1.1.3 and jailbreak, activate, unlock using ziphone.... THAT EASY!!!!!



      hope it helps
    1. PlayStation3Br's Avatar
      PlayStation3Br -
      i Update using iTunes to 1.1.4 a 1.1.3 unlocked, and Ziphone not activate my iphone.

      i select only to jailbreak and activate, not unlock. i never used ziphone in this iphone.
    1. matt.superman's Avatar
      matt.superman -
      Quote Originally Posted by Nebby View Post
      Some people have talked about modifying systemversion.plist... what file browser are you using to access this file? iPhone browser doesn't recognise that it is jailbroken and therefore i can't browse all the files. Thanks.
      I had the same problem in 1.1.3 if you add "i.unlock.no" and then install ibrickr fix then you restart your phone and iphone browser will work and see all folders. (not sure if it will work in 1.1.4 though) give it a try and let us know.
    1. jamesatl's Avatar
      jamesatl -
      I install the ibrickr fix on 1.1.4 and iphone browser works good so far
    1. therandy's Avatar
      therandy -
      i upgraded to 1.1.4 yesterday....had a jailed 1.1.3 before....downloaded and ran ziphone for windows...clicked "only jailbreak" and my phone is fine...i can still use locate me, sms, phone, browser and installer app works like a charm THANKS
    1. mykelmatt's Avatar
      mykelmatt -
      Quote Originally Posted by dito0020 View Post
      JUST TESTED: 2/27/08

      For some odd reason my iphone, 1.1.3, did not let me make phone calls or sms.....I accidently updated to 1.1.4, and after that...well, you know how disappointed I was.

      Anyhow, I did some research and what I did is restore to 1.1.1 using itunes, using ziphone for windows I put it on DFU mode. Then restore to 1.1.3 and jailbreak, activate, unlock using ziphone.... THAT EASY!!!!!



      hope it helps
      how did you put your iphone in DFU with ziphone?
    1. Nebby's Avatar
      Nebby -
      Thanks for the iphonebrowser solutions. I haven't tried either yet but i will shortly. the problem i'm having right now is that after doing like 6 refreshes and reseting everythign in the phone i still have 188.6 mb of other taken up on the phone after the 1.1.4 install even before jailbreak. does anyone know if this is just from the 1.1.4 update or is ther residual crap from previous versions still left on there and how do I get it off? Thanks.