• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • FREE IT. Software Unlock iPhone 1.1.2 OTB and 1.1.3 OTB! (yes the 4.6 bootloader)
    geohotz has discovered the secrets to unlocking 1.1.3 + 1.1.2 out of the box!!! Whats more this doesnt even destroy your seczone!!



    I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but when has gehotz failed us before?

    If any of you are feeling up to it give it a shot. First grab his gunlock.rar MIRROR and his instructions are as follows:

    geohot's 1.1.2 software unlock
    yes, this is what you have all been waiting for

    1. Download these:
    gunlock and the secpack from http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/ or the blog
    the 4.02.13 fls from http://george.zjlotto.com/index.php/baseband/ MIRROR

    2. Downgrade your phone to 1.0.2. See all the great tutorials online to do this.
    Your baseband won't be downgraded, this is normal.
    This will probably work on other versions too, but 1.1.2 doesn't lose wifi on bb access.

    3. Kill CommCenter and run "gunlock secpack ICE04.02.13_G.fls"

    4. Reload CommCenter. For some reason my phone was in brick mode. Use the elite team bricktool to get out.

    5. Enjoy your 1.1.2 OTB unlocked iPhone

    Now who'd have thought it'd be this easy

    This release is no thanks to elite/dev
    I wish they would share like the old days.
    I don't believe everyone in the team is like this, but come on guys.

    If you want to contribute to me, the person who discovered these exploits and wrote this tool
    paypal [email protected]
    This article was originally published in forum thread: FREE IT. Software Unlock iPhone 1.1.2 OTB and 1.1.3 OTB! (yes the 4.6 bootloader) started by Cody Overcash View original post
    Comments 281 Comments
    1. FAK's Avatar
      FAK -
      Has anyone unlocked successfully a 1.1.3 OTB (BB 04.03.13_G, BL 4.6)???
    1. abhaykhanna's Avatar
      abhaykhanna -
      Quote Originally Posted by FAK View Post
      Has anyone unlocked successfully a 1.1.3 OTB (BB 04.03.13_G, BL 4.6)???
      you have to downgrade it to 1.1.1>jailbreak it> upgrade to 1.1.2 using oktoprep>unlock it using the method above> softupgrade to 1.1.3 available under installer.
    1. nickoz's Avatar
      nickoz -
      Thanks guys. Especially geo.

      YOU ARE A GENIUS

      Quote Originally Posted by nickoz View Post
      thanks but where did you find suid lib fix?

      found it at
      http://www.trejan.com/irepo/
    1. iphoneuser2008's Avatar
      iphoneuser2008 -
      Quote Originally Posted by sh4508 View Post
      hi,,Yes, after Installer, go to Sources, if you see BigBoss repository, go to Install, choose Recent category, select Geohots Gunlock Script, Install. If not, while in Sources, edit, add http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo and refresh.

      Install BSD Subsystems, and Terminal VT100.

      Settings, set Airplane mode.

      From Terminal VT100, enter:

      cd /usr/bin
      geounlock

      Enjoy your 1.1.2 OTB or 1.1.3 OTB or any 1.1.2 / 1.1.3 unlock...

      Mine is iPhone 8GB from week 51. Now no more x-SIM, and using Xplor (Indonesian cellular provider). Only 2 minutes. No need for PC or MAC, only need WiFi while installing the script. No need for WiFi while running the script.

      UPDATE:
      OK,,,I have a new jailbroken 16 GB OTB 1.1.3. Just bought it. I followed these instructions above precisely. I installed Geohots Gunlock, and everything else.

      When I entered:

      cd /usr/bin (then return) - it took and the prompt dropped waiting for me to enter in another command. I then entered:

      geounlock (then return) -it took, but I am now seeing the Termv100 program saying, "socket is busy".

      I then kept entering "geounlock",,,,and it finally took......

      the termv100 loaded up a bunch of stuff,,,said erasing stuff on the screen.

      then it ended saying " my phone was unlocked" .

      I took out my att sim put in my tmobile,,,,rebooted.

      Well I can see t-mobile for the service provider,,,,but the next screen say "different sim detected,,,connect to itunes".

      I did,,,,it said, "there is a problem with your Iphone,.,,,"

      help
    1. kody001's Avatar
      kody001 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bosco0633 View Post
      Ok, the thing I dont understand is this.

      If this is good for 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 OTB why cant 1.1.2 OTB users upgrade the modem firmware with 1.1.3 stock, then downgrad and jailbreak up to 1.1.3.

      Then run this fix for phone service. As I understood it, you could upgrade to 1.1.3 stock but not have phone service. So would this new unlock not allow this to happen
      I would like to know this as well please. many of us have the wk 46 at 1.1.2. If we use Dev Team upgrade 1.1.3, will we need some type of different unlock similar to AnySim or can we upgrade using iTunes and use Geohots unlock or use Dev Team upgrade and use Geohots Unlock.

      Can someone please answer this.

      thanks.

      cody
    1. bonefish's Avatar
      bonefish -
      Quote Originally Posted by abhaykhanna View Post
      you have to downgrade it to 1.1.1>jailbreak it> upgrade to 1.1.2 using oktoprep>unlock it using the method above> softupgrade to 1.1.3 available under installer.
      i get it, 1.1.3 OTB users with the 4.6 already have new baseband 04.03.13_G included, this would work for them.

      im on bootloader 3.9, with baseband 04.02.13_G how do i go to get 1.1.3 with the new baseband 04.03.13_G??

      i was thinking about this way.
      1. update in itunes to 1.1.3 (then i get 04.03.13_G)
      2. downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak, oktoprep
      3. install 1.1.2, jailbreak, official 1.1.3 via installer
      4. run this unlock program

      would this work for me?
    1. iphoneuser2008's Avatar
      iphoneuser2008 -
      Quote Originally Posted by sh4508 View Post
      hii,,Yes, after Installer, go to Sources, if you see BigBoss repository, go to Install, choose Recent category, select Geohots Gunlock Script, Install. If not, while in Sources, edit, add http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo and refresh.

      Install BSD Subsystems, and Terminal VT100.

      Settings, set Airplane mode.

      From Terminal VT100, enter:

      cd /usr/bin
      geounlock

      Enjoy your 1.1.2 OTB or 1.1.3 OTB or any 1.1.2 / 1.1.3 unlock...

      Mine is iPhone 8GB from week 51. Now no more x-SIM, and using Xplor (Indonesian cellular provider). Only 2 minutes. No need for PC or MAC, only need WiFi while installing the script. No need for WiFi while running the script.

      UPDATE!:
      OK,,,I have a new jailbroken 16 GB OTB 1.1.3. Just bought it. I followed these instructions above precisely. I installed Geohots Gunlock, and everything else.

      When I entered:

      cd /usr/bin (then return) - it took and the prompt dropped waiting for me to enter in another command. I then entered:

      geounlock (then return) -it took, but I am now seeing the Termv100 program saying, "socket is busy".

      I then kept entering "geounlock",,,,and it finally took......

      the termv100 loaded up a bunch of stuff,,,said erasing stuff on the screen.

      then it ended saying " my phone was unlocked" .

      I took out my att sim put in my tmobile,,,,rebooted.

      Well I can see t-mobile for the service provider,,,,but the next screen say "different sim detected,,,connect to itunes".

      I did,,,,it said, "there is a problem with your Iphone,.,,,"

      help
    1. djsahag's Avatar
      djsahag -
      after i did evrything sucsesfuly i have no network when go to carrier it gose erorr
    1. bigs's Avatar
      bigs -
      Quote Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
      Thanks to this I now have a couple of X-SIMs going spare if anyone is interested


      1.1.2 OTB unlocked without downgrading, without iTunes, without pretty much anything other than what is posted above and the files from GeoHot
      works perfectly thanks!!!
    1. kody001's Avatar
      kody001 -
      I guess the final question for all is:

      Does Geohots unlock work only with bootloader version 4.6. The Dev Team 1.1.3 upgrade was made so that folks can upgrade to 1.1.3 without having to upgrade the bootloader and keep it at 3.9.

      So now with Geohots unlock, you can basically upgrade to 1.1.3 in iTunes and get your bootloader upgraded and downgrade to 1.1.2 to jailbreak and then upgrade back.

      Again, question is, does Geohots unlock work with 3.9 bootloader so many of us can just upgrade using Dev Team and use Geohots unlock at 3.9 and we are all fat dumb and happy.

      Please answer this newbies question please.

      thanks.

      cody
    1. bosco0633's Avatar
      bosco0633 -
      i posted a few pages back asking the same thing, can I upgrade to 1.1.3 with itunes for the new firmware, then downgrade to 1.1.1 jailbreak, oktoprep, 1.1.2 then jailbreak, then off dev team soft update to 1.1.3 then use the unlock???

      I have an OTB 1.1.2 but want to upgrade to the 04.03.13_G before I do the unlock. I assume if you are able to do this with a 1.1.3 OTB this should be ok
    1. KingTim's Avatar
      KingTim -
      Thank you BigBoss and GeoHost you guys did great work and screw everyone that had any doubt in the Software unlock. I'm so happy I resisted the XXXSIM BS and went back to my Treo for 2 Months.

      It took two attempts but I am now running 1.1.3 Unlocked on my Week 52 1.1.2 OTB.
      THANK YOU SO MUCH
    1. FAK's Avatar
      FAK -
      I think when you upgrade to 1.1.3 with itunes you upgrade also the BASEBAND to 04.03.13_G! And this is not reversible if you have an 1.1.2 OTB!
      Can anyone confirm that this method works with 04.03.13_G BB and 4.6 BL?
      Thank you
    1. tecorp's Avatar
      tecorp -
      Can anyone please help
      I followed the guide and unlocked my phone
      My carrier is IDEA in India. Whenever i try to make a call it crashes to the springboard
    1. kody001's Avatar
      kody001 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bosco0633 View Post
      Ok, the thing I dont understand is this.

      If this is good for 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 OTB why cant 1.1.2 OTB users upgrade the modem firmware with 1.1.3 stock, then downgrad and jailbreak up to 1.1.3.

      Then run this fix for phone service. As I understood it, you could upgrade to 1.1.3 stock but not have phone service. So would this new unlock not allow this to happen
      Quote Originally Posted by bosco0633 View Post
      i posted a few pages back asking the same thing, can I upgrade to 1.1.3 with itunes for the new firmware, then downgrade to 1.1.1 jailbreak, oktoprep, 1.1.2 then jailbreak, then off dev team soft update to 1.1.3 then use the unlock???

      I have an OTB 1.1.2 but want to upgrade to the 04.03.13_G before I do the unlock. I assume if you are able to do this with a 1.1.3 OTB this should be ok
      If you have an OTB 1.1.2 then you are on the new bootloader anyway. You just need to jailbreak at 1.1.2 and upgrade to 1.1.3 using Dev Team Upgrade and then finally use Geohots unlock.

      My question was for folks that have wk 46 or less using 3.9 bootloader.

      Geohots and some of the other folks instructions on this link will work perfectly for you.

      cody
    1. zoelis22's Avatar
      zoelis22 -
      Let Me Know!!!
    1. iphoneuser2008's Avatar
      iphoneuser2008 -
      Quote Originally Posted by sh4508 View Post
      hii,,Yes, after Installer, go to Sources, if you see BigBoss repository, go to Install, choose Recent category, select Geohots Gunlock Script, Install. If not, while in Sources, edit, add http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo and refresh.

      Install BSD Subsystems, and Terminal VT100.

      Settings, set Airplane mode.

      From Terminal VT100, enter:

      cd /usr/bin
      geounlock

      Enjoy your 1.1.2 OTB or 1.1.3 OTB or any 1.1.2 / 1.1.3 unlock...

      Mine is iPhone 8GB from week 51. Now no more x-SIM, and using Xplor (Indonesian cellular provider). Only 2 minutes. No need for PC or MAC, only need WiFi while installing the script. No need for WiFi while running the script.

      ANOTHER UPDATE!:
      OK,,,I have a new jailbroken 16 GB OTB 1.1.3. Just bought it. I followed these instructions above precisely. I installed Geohots Gunlock, and everything else.



      I GOT IT TO WORK!!!!!! DAMN!!! I WOULD HAVE NOT BELIEVED IT IF I DIDNT DO IT MYSELF!!!!LOL.


      Ok I can confirm to everyone who reads this,,,,the technique above 100% works,,,,but,,,lol,,,,lacks in some details for those like me that are beginner/medium experienced users. I had to work through some problems as a novice user,,,that the guide didnt account for.lol..

      Anyways, I bought a 16 GB 1.1.3 ,,,which means it had the most updated firmware and all that other spec crap. I used this technique and it works. So for people who are in the same boat,,,it works. I can only speak for my situation. that is a OTB 16gb unlocked. If this posting is time stamped,,, give me 30 to 40 minutes or sooner,, as I will post my exact experience doing it step by step to help you out,,,if you are want as much info before doing it.

      be back in 40 minutes with the step-by-step for dummies version...lol.

      EDIT: I 'm still typing it up,,,dont waste your time on those other long As@ techniques,,,this one works!!!!!
    1. kalin_kurtev's Avatar
      kalin_kurtev -
      Quote Originally Posted by kody001 View Post
      I guess the final question for all is:

      Does Geohots unlock work only with bootloader version 4.6. The Dev Team 1.1.3 upgrade was made so that folks can upgrade to 1.1.3 without having to upgrade the bootloader and keep it at 3.9.

      So now with Geohots unlock, you can basically upgrade to 1.1.3 in iTunes and get your bootloader upgraded and downgrade to 1.1.2 to jailbreak and then upgrade back.

      Again, question is, does Geohots unlock work with 3.9 bootloader so many of us can just upgrade using Dev Team and use Geohots unlock at 3.9 and we are all fat dumb and happy.

      Please answer this newbies question please.

      thanks.

      cody
      When you update in iTunes you update your BASEBAND not your BOOTLOADER there is a big difference between the two

      Quote Originally Posted by tecorp View Post
      Can anyone please help
      I followed the guide and unlocked my phone
      My carrier is IDEA in India. Whenever i try to make a call it crashes to the springboard
      you need iWorld from the installer
    1. kalin_kurtev's Avatar
      kalin_kurtev -
      Quote Originally Posted by tecorp View Post
      Can anyone please help
      I followed the guide and unlocked my phone
      My carrier is IDEA in India. Whenever i try to make a call it crashes to the springboard
      you need iWorld from the installer
    1. kody001's Avatar
      kody001 -
      Kalin.. thx for the tip.

      So the last thing left is to know if we use Dev Team upgrade to 1.1.3, will Geohots unlock work for everyone with wk 46 or less that is running 3.9 and baseband 4.02.13G on 1.1.2

      thanks.