• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • iPhone 1.1.3 Firmware Preview Gallery
    From Gearlive:

    "Looks like the soon-to-be-released iPhone firmware 1.1.3 has quite a few surprises. We were able to get a look at it, and here is what we found:



    New Features sighted:
    * Edit Home Screen
    * Drag Calculator App
    * Drag Mail App
    * New Google Maps Menu
    * New Google Maps Options
    * Google Maps Locate Me Feature
    * SMS Multiple People
    * New Bookmarks Menu
    * Add Bookmark to Home Screen
    * Bookmark on Home Screen

    That is all we have found for now. We also know that is you used AnySIM to unlock your phone, you can expect the 1.1.3 update to brick it. Good times.
    Take a look at our iPhone Firmware 1.1.3 Gallery for a photo tour of the new stuff.

    Additional pictures:




    This article was originally published in forum thread: iPhone 1.1.3 Firmware Preview Gallery started by ReVan View original post
    Comments 295 Comments
    1. cosmoLV's Avatar
      cosmoLV -
      Quote Originally Posted by praz View Post
      that is just in theory
      you never know what the new firmware will bring you
      thats right and what i realy want is SMS Delivery Report and Forwarding
    1. kevinti's Avatar
      kevinti -
      Apple still refuse to put in the SMS's Forward capability in 1.1.3!
    1. cosmoLV's Avatar
      cosmoLV -
      and SMS Delivery Report too
    1. siron's Avatar
      siron -
      What about those who did not use ANYSIM, will it brick the phone if we update to 1.1.3?
    1. pingwhen's Avatar
      pingwhen -
      no silly LOL but ya seriously when's this coming out?
    1. zokim's Avatar
      zokim -
      Here's a video of the new firmware.

      http://gizmodo.com/338948/video-of-i...update-is-real
    1. iPhoneWriter's Avatar
      iPhoneWriter -
      Quote Originally Posted by zokim View Post
      Here's a video of the new firmware.

      http://gizmodo.com/338948/video-of-i...update-is-real
      The surrounding article is a good read too, as it answers a lot of questions people are asking in this thread.. and on other forums. Namely, why it is considered legit and why it is not being torrent'd.

      For those who are happily unlock'd and enjoying v1.1.2 - don't upgrade. Repeat: Be smart and do not upgrade to the new v1.1.3 - until much time and forum reading has passed, and not until many reports of success have been posted to support a particular upgrade/update to v1.1.3 method.

      This seems like a logical idea that any smart person would know enough to follow, huh? Unfortunately, half the people reading this forum right now won't be smart enough to heed that one simple piece of advice, in turn creating hundreds of "what do I do now, please help" posts/threads.
    1. dale1v's Avatar
      dale1v -
      "help I updated to 1.1.3, but it doesn't work, how do I fix it?!"
      classic.
    1. crewxp's Avatar
      crewxp -
      ... I thought 1.1.3 was supposed to enable "disk-mode"....and also voice recording...

      I can't play my iphone's music on my 360, and can't store files on it.
      ....
      One of many sources:
      http://www.ipodhacks.com/article.php?sid=2454
    1. djdelite's Avatar
      djdelite -
      looks tight..thanks for sharing
    1. yowiphone's Avatar
      yowiphone -
      Quote Originally Posted by praz View Post
      that is just in theory
      you never know what the new firmware will bring you
      What do you mean? Look everything is there they have already found a exploit (PATCH) on the BOOTLOADER so that means that they already have found the right place where they can MOD it. So there just waiting for the new firmware to come-out so they can retrieve the secpack and break the 1.1.2 lock.
    1. iPhoneWriter's Avatar
      iPhoneWriter -
      Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
      "help I updated to 1.1.3, but it doesn't work, how do I fix it?!"
      classic.
      Exactly. An easy prediction certainly, but expect a wave of these kinds of messages once v1.1.3 hits the streets. Despite multiple warnings to wait, the Lemmings will still run right off the cliff.

      Sad... but true.
    1. yowiphone's Avatar
      yowiphone -
      Yeah agree. Its gonna turn into a flood of words "HELP 1.1.3 not working because i updateD"!!!.
    1. Aus_Rider_22's Avatar
      Aus_Rider_22 -
      Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneWriter View Post
      The surrounding article is a good read too, as it answers a lot of questions people are asking in this thread.. and on other forums. Namely, why it is considered legit and why it is not being torrent'd.

      For those who are happily unlock'd and enjoying v1.1.2 - don't upgrade. Repeat: Be smart and do not upgrade to the new v1.1.3 - until much time and forum reading has passed, and not until many reports of success have been posted to support a particular upgrade/update to v1.1.3 method.

      This seems like a logical idea that any smart person would know enough to follow, huh? Unfortunately, half the people reading this forum right now won't be smart enough to heed that one simple piece of advice, in turn creating hundreds of "what do I do now, please help" posts/threads.
      Good advice.

      My OTB 1.1.2 unlocked iPhone has been sent to me here in Aus and I expect to receive it by the 10th. It will be running with my sim and the stealth/hyper card method.

      I won't try to update at all to 1.1.3. But how do I stop my iPhone from automatically updating? By wifi and when connected to my itunes/computer?

      Cheers
    1. iPhoneWriter's Avatar
      iPhoneWriter -
      Quote Originally Posted by Aus_Rider_22 View Post
      ...how do I stop my iPhone from automatically updating? By wifi and when connected to my itunes/computer?
      Three things:
      1. Within the preferences for iTunes, make sure that "Disable automatic synching for all iPhones and iPods" is checked.
      2. On the Summary tab for your iPhone within iTunes, make sure that the "Automatically synch when iPhone is connected" is not checked
      3. Most Importantly: don't click the "Update" button, once v1.1.3 is out (this is the step that causes Lemmings the most trouble.)

      Hope this helps...
    1. clevetus's Avatar
      clevetus -
      JUST came back from the Apple store where I got a brand spanking new iPhone (production week 50)!

      Now all I'm waiting for is a guarantee that it can be unlocked for any carrier once the 1.1.3 is released so I can OPEN it and not have to worry about needing to return it!

      BTW, there's no risk in paying for it with a credit card so they have my name associated with the serial is there?

      /T
    1. iPhoneWriter's Avatar
      iPhoneWriter -
      Quote Originally Posted by clevetus View Post
      Now all I'm waiting for is a guarantee that it can be unlocked for any carrier once the 1.1.3 is released so I can OPEN it and not have to worry about needing to return it!
      There are no guarantees, only theories. Strong as they may be, even likely depending on who your read/believe, but certainly not guaranteed.

      Quote Originally Posted by clevetus View Post
      BTW, there's no risk in paying for it with a credit card so they have my name associated with the serial is there?
      No risk or fallout, in terms of potentially having them knock on your door for unlock'ing or jailbreak'ing your iPhone. Should you start buying multitudes of iPhones on the same card though, they'll likely cut you off and steer you toward becoming a reseller.

      Hope this helps...
    1. yowiphone's Avatar
      yowiphone -
      If you have an unlocked 1.1.2 (1.1.1) do not update becasue im pretty sure you know better. YOUR GONNA END UP WITH A BRICK.

      And people like me with OTB 1.1.2 iphones don't update just wait till the DEV team comes up with anysim then follow the steps.

      Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneWriter View Post
      There are no guarantees, only theories. Strong as they may be, even likely depending on who your read/believe, but certainly not guaranteed.
      Well there is never guarantees from the DEV team well when is there....but they always do the job mate.
    1. clevetus's Avatar
      clevetus -
      Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneWriter View Post
      No risk or fallout, in terms of potentially having them knock on your door for unlock'ing or jailbreak'ing your iPhone. Should you start buying multitudes of iPhones on the same card though, they'll likely cut you off and steer you toward becoming a reseller.

      Hope this helps...
      You just got yourself a "thank you"

      I'm so extremely excited, just wanna rip it open and activate + jailbreak it!!
    1. Aus_Rider_22's Avatar
      Aus_Rider_22 -
      Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneWriter View Post
      Three things:
      1. Within the preferences for iTunes, make sure that "Disable automatic synching for all iPhones and iPods" is checked.
      2. On the Summary tab for your iPhone within iTunes, make sure that the "Automatically synch when iPhone is connected" is not checked
      3. Most Importantly: don't click the "Update" button, once v1.1.3 is out (this is the step that causes Lemmings the most trouble.)

      Hope this helps...
      Thanks and done!

      Does this mean I can't transfer music and movies to my iPhone via itunes?