• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • wiSync - sync your iPhone via WiFi
    wiSync is the wireless syncing solution for your Mac and iPhone.

    modmyi.com/wisync



    We've partnered up with the iFrancis development team to release wiSync, a wireless sync solution for the iPhone. At the moment it allows you to install and configure wiToggle, a native app for your iPhone. With wiSync, you can set a folder on your Mac which the iPhone will sync files with on a given schedule, or when you manually choose to sync.

    wiSync currently does NOT support actual iTunes syncing (of music, contacts, calendar, etc) via WiFi, although that is planned for a future development within the next 30 days.

    For more information including installation, download, and usage instructions, check out:

    modmyi.com/wisync



    The iFrancis team will also soon be releasing two more utilities:

    1) wiBackup, which backs up your notes, SMS, contacts, call history, etc. This may eventually become part of wiSync.
    2) iInstaller. Easily install applications from your computer to your iPhone, no SFTP or SSH knowledge required!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: wiSync - sync your iPhone via WiFi started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 44 Comments
    1. DVB+'s Avatar
      DVB+ -
      Quote Originally Posted by francisois View Post
      DVB+, your iPhone will not connect to another mac simply because your devices havent shared public keys, so the script will simply quit. However, we are looking into using hostnames instead of IP's and this has 2 advantages - specifically, it will work even if you're IP's change, and more importantly, it will only try to connect to your specific mac, not any other computers. Unfortunately, this will be slightly slower than using direct IP sync, but if we can get it working reasonably, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages
      I hope you guys make this great app even greater.
      Good Luck
    1. PunkyPurple's Avatar
      PunkyPurple -
      Quote Originally Posted by francisois View Post
      DVB+, your iPhone will not connect to another mac simply because your devices havent shared public keys, so the script will simply quit. However, we are looking into using hostnames instead of IP's and this has 2 advantages - specifically, it will work even if you're IP's change, and more importantly, it will only try to connect to your specific mac, not any other computers. Unfortunately, this will be slightly slower than using direct IP sync, but if we can get it working reasonably, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages
      I've got this program working on OSX 10.5.1(Leopard) but have yet to try syncing through wifi. I will eventually try it soon!
    1. chrisb101's Avatar
      chrisb101 -
      I am not able to launch the app. Quits unexpected! :-(
      Someone an idea?

      Gruss
    1. Cody Overcash's Avatar
      Cody Overcash -
      you need to unload dock.

      launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.natetrue.dock.plist

      should be dock compatible soon
    1. francis's Avatar
      francis -
      For everyone (Tiger users specifically) who couldn't get the mac app to run, we're glad to announce that v1.1 is 100% Tiger compatible!

      For those of you who couldn't get the native app to run, this was a simple conflict with the Dock app, and we're also glad to announce that this has also been fixed!

      We suggest that everyone upgrade to the newest version (1.1) as this includes many enhancements and a few new features for both the Mac app and the iPhone native app.

      Download links:
      Private Download Link for MMi Members
      Public Download Link
    1. Iman07's Avatar
      Iman07 -
      ok heres the problem in my case

      the app installs, turns on, remote login is setup. i set up the parameters needed such as the sync folder and everything. anyways nothing happens. i hit force sync on the phone and it goes to the black screen and all that. but then nothing happens. nothing synced. maybe im confused about what this is suppose to do. ok so if i place something into the sync folder on my iphone and then i sync the device will that file show up on my mac and vise versa?
    1. buangsampah2003's Avatar
      buangsampah2003 -
      Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
      wiSync is the wireless syncing solution for your Mac and iPhone.

      modmyi.com/wisync



      We've partnered up with the iFrancis development team to release wiSync, a wireless sync solution for the iPhone. At the moment it allows you to install and configure wiToggle, a native app for your iPhone. With wiSync, you can set a folder on your Mac which the iPhone will sync files with on a given schedule, or when you manually choose to sync.

      wiSync currently does NOT support actual iTunes syncing (of music, contacts, calendar, etc) via WiFi, although that is planned for a future development within the next 30 days.

      For more information including installation, download, and usage instructions, check out:

      modmyi.com/wisync



      The iFrancis team will also soon be releasing two more utilities:

      1) wiBackup, which backs up your notes, SMS, contacts, call history, etc. This may eventually become part of wiSync.
      2) iInstaller. Easily install applications from your computer to your iPhone, no SFTP or SSH knowledge required!
      PF,
      This is cool, but it's for MAC.
      Anything for windows os platform?
      Thx.
      Buang
    1. LGgeek's Avatar
      LGgeek -
      Works like a charm. I used /Media/PDF for my iPhone directory since that's where PDF viewer looks. I converted a couple of html docs just to check it out, now it's a piece of cake to get any doc on the iPhone.

      no problems , I'm on 1.1.1

      Thanks a lot.
    1. francis's Avatar
      francis -
      Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
      Works like a charm. I used /Media/PDF for my iPhone directory since that's where PDF viewer looks. I converted a couple of html docs just to check it out, now it's a piece of cake to get any doc on the iPhone.

      no problems , I'm on 1.1.1

      Thanks a lot.
      LGgeek I'm glad you liked the software! Considering that there is also a Downloads folder created by the Safari Downloader Plugin, do you think we should allow users to synchronize more than one folder?
    1. Clem-Clone's Avatar
      Clem-Clone -
      Quote Originally Posted by francisois View Post
      For everyone (Tiger users specifically) who couldn't get the mac app to run, we're glad to announce that v1.1 is 100% Tiger compatible!

      For those of you who couldn't get the native app to run, this was a simple conflict with the Dock app, and we're also glad to announce that this has also been fixed!

      We suggest that everyone upgrade to the newest version (1.1) as this includes many enhancements and a few new features for both the Mac app and the iPhone native app.

      Download links:
      Private Download Link for MMi Members
      Public Download Link
      Thank you, this finally works for me now.
    1. PunkyPurple's Avatar
      PunkyPurple -
      Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
      Works like a charm. I used /Media/PDF for my iPhone directory since that's where PDF viewer looks. I converted a couple of html docs just to check it out, now it's a piece of cake to get any doc on the iPhone.

      no problems , I'm on 1.1.1

      Thanks a lot.
      I tried this new version 1.1 on OSX 10.4.10 (Tiger) and iphone firmware 1.1.2 and it works perfectly. Thanks and well done!
    1. AcuraKidd's Avatar
      AcuraKidd -
      is this compatible with windows?
    1. Nefarious's Avatar
      Nefarious -
      Quote Originally Posted by AcuraKidd View Post
      is this compatible with windows?
      Someone needs to learn how to read. Currently only available for Mac
    1. agentfubu's Avatar
      agentfubu -
      Since no one seems to be working on a windows version, I'll start working on a windows version of the computer side, not iPhone side.
    1. kiwinerdgrrl's Avatar
      kiwinerdgrrl -
      Sorry for the bother, but I tried to download wisync and got the following error (repeatably). Is this unusual?

      Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4864 bytes) in /home/mmi/public_html/wiki/includes/Article.php on line 667
    1. agentfubu's Avatar
      agentfubu -
      That's because the forums are using too much memory on the server. That's a server problem.
    1. phat.daddy's Avatar
      phat.daddy -
      I would really love to see a windows Vista version of this!

      Happy New Year everybody!
    1. fat x nub's Avatar
      fat x nub -
      this is when i wish i had a Mac
    1. sebax's Avatar
      sebax -
      Hi, im on OSX 10.4.11 and iPhone 1.1.2 updated, i put the IP, activate remote login and so so... nothing happens, i click on install wiSync on iPhone, the status bar appears comlpete in about 5 seconds and thats it, nothings installed and still cant sync... some help?
    1. davidmdowning42's Avatar
      davidmdowning42 -
      Okay, I have read everything I swear, and I don't see anybody laying out the answer to this question in monosylables for a dummy like me.

      I've got an old E-mac with usb 1.1, so it looks like this program is going to be the only thing I can use to sync at all. Now, I realize that it doesn't work with iTunes- but if I did the jailbreak thing, and then the Open SSh thing, I'd theoretically be able to find the folder that iTunes uses for music and then sync that folder with a folder on my desktop with mp3s in it, right? Thusly I could listen to said music on my iPod Touch, yes? By resetting the folders I could then do the same for Video? Photos?