• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Installer.app 3.0!
    Posted by Ste.
    “LG”, of Nullriver Software, just told me that he hopes to release Installer.app 3.0 shortly, perhaps as early as today. He just has one last piece to complete first. He says “The new installer is just so much better. [There’s] really no point keeping people on the old one anymore.”

    I have been testing the new version for a while now. New features include, but aren’t limited to:

    -Redesigned UI
    -Collapsed groups on the Install page
    -“Recents” category on the Install page, for “Today”, “Yesterday” and “Older”
    -Ability to easily add/remove Sources
    -Abilty to easily install all available updates
    -A “Featured” page that currently is used as an info page
    -“More Info” no longer opens Safari

    This is SO awesome!

    UPDATE: It's out!


    This article was originally published in forum thread: Installer.app 3.0! started by Dash-2 View original post
    Comments 143 Comments
    1. mdbsat's Avatar
      mdbsat -
      is it safe for me to upgrade to 1.1.1 now that i have installed apptap
    1. rxmxsh's Avatar
      rxmxsh -
      VERY nice. and SMOOOOOOTH.

      Quote Originally Posted by Zach23 View Post
      ok so right now mine shows nothing in featured and it doesnt reload what do i do :S
      pleaseee help!

      Edit Im on 1.0.2
      Man up and upgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it, son!
    1. lukeyxdukey's Avatar
      lukeyxdukey -
      the new installer is pretty damn cool, and works pretty good

      but does ne on have an idea if the new sendsong is going to be uploaded to the installer so we can download it?

      or can someone tell me how to install it manually using iphonebrowser???!!!!
    1. andrewe13's Avatar
      andrewe13 -
      yo, theres a bug....

      it wont EXIT when u click the home button??? im not on 1.1.1.....
    1. elr0y7's Avatar
      elr0y7 -
      Quote Originally Posted by mdbsat View Post
      is it safe for me to upgrade to 1.1.1 now that i have installed apptap
      The security of your upgrade has nothing to do with apptap, it depends on what you have on your phone when you try to update and the steps you take to update it, so in short: not really. Just use the guides here, they work fine.

      Quote Originally Posted by Zach23 View Post
      ok so right now mine shows nothing in featured and it doesnt reload what do i do :S
      pleaseee help!

      Edit Im on 1.0.2
      Yeah, it only shows the welcome on the feature page every now and then, like when you first open the app. I'm sure it's just blank the rest of the time because they haven't put up anything on the featured list yet.
    1. zauriel's Avatar
      zauriel -
      I'm on 1.0.2 with tons of 3rd party apps and no need to unlock (I'm happy with AT&T, thank you). I've been waiting for a simple point-and-click GUI that will allow me to upgrade to the 1.1.1 firmware and still use Installer.app.

      Everything in your wikis and on the Installer.app site indicate that this latest version does NOT work with 1.1.1, yet after I upgraded Installer.app just a few minutes ago, the screen says that it is meant to be used with 1.1.1.

      So, what do I need to do to upgrade to 1.1.1 firmware and have Installer. app ... well ... installed? If I do a clean restore first, then upgrade, will AppTapp work to re-install Installer.app? In other words, will it do the jailbreaking? Or do I have to go through the 1.1.1 jailbreak wiki instructions first?

      Sorry for so many questions, but this isn't quite as easy as it was for 1.0.2.
    1. elr0y7's Avatar
      elr0y7 -
      Quote Originally Posted by lukeyxdukey View Post
      the new installer is pretty damn cool, and works pretty good

      but does ne on have an idea if the new sendsong is going to be uploaded to the installer so we can download it?

      or can someone tell me how to install it manually using iphonebrowser???!!!!
      I'm not sure if you can do it with Iphonebrowser (I haven't figured out how to get to the /(root) directory with that thing) but all you have to do is unzip one of the .tar files from her site and replace the whole sendsong.app folder under the / directory with the new one. Make sure you set the permissions to 0755 for all the files (just in case) except the images.

      Quote Originally Posted by zauriel View Post
      I'm on 1.0.2 with tons of 3rd party apps and no need to unlock (I'm happy with AT&T, thank you). I've been waiting for a simple point-and-click GUI that will allow me to upgrade to the 1.1.1 firmware and still use Installer.app.

      Everything in your wikis and on the Installer.app site indicate that this latest version does NOT work with 1.1.1, yet after I upgraded Installer.app just a few minutes ago, the screen says that it is meant to be used with 1.1.1.

      So, what do I need to do to upgrade to 1.1.1 firmware and have Installer. app ... well ... installed? If I do a clean restore first, then upgrade, will AppTapp work to re-install Installer.app? In other words, will it do the jailbreaking? Or do I have to go through the 1.1.1 jailbreak wiki instructions first?

      Sorry for so many questions, but this isn't quite as easy as it was for 1.0.2.
      Well, I'm not the brightest when it comes to jailbreaking either and I'm also fine with AT&T but I followed the wikis and installed the Springboard patch so most third party apps, including installer, work on my phone fine, except for the occasional glitch which are all minor and fixable. But I'm pretty sure there is no in phone application that will jailbreak your phone, considering you have to apply this patch and do the other steps to actually have third party apps on your phone.

      Quote Originally Posted by andrewe13 View Post
      yo, theres a bug....

      it wont EXIT when u click the home button??? im not on 1.1.1.....
      Well that might be your problem right there: "This release uses a different core repository and firmware 1.1.1 is recommended"
    1. kidzzrock's Avatar
      kidzzrock -
      Hello, some reason after the Update, I don't see Mobile Terminal? Is it only me?
    1. dcr1256's Avatar
      dcr1256 -
      In AppTapp itself on my computer it doesn't even have the 1.1.1 firmware option... is this right, cuz I thought it was basically meant for 1.1.1. I had it running fine but restored my phone so that I could start over and jailbreak and everything using AppTapp. Now it looks like thats not going to work.
    1. Dash-2's Avatar
      Dash-2 -
      I'm sure Nullriver will update AppTap soon to work with 1.1.1 and Installer.
      And hopefully a simple jailbreak crack =D
    1. yowiphone's Avatar
      yowiphone -
      WOW thats cool
    1. cockyjeremy's Avatar
      cockyjeremy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
      I'm sure Nullriver will update AppTap soon to work with 1.1.1 and Installer.
      And hopefully a simple jailbreak crack =D
      I hope sooo bad they get a windows based gui to jailbreak/update to 1.1.1, i'm on 1.0.2 with the new apptapp, it seems to all be working fine for me.
    1. mofolo's Avatar
      mofolo -
      woohoo!

      looks awesome.
    1. NVMY4N's Avatar
      NVMY4N -
      Im still on 1.0.2

      I don't feel like losing everything (updating to 1.1.1)

      So should I, or shouldn't I update to Installer 3.0
      It's strange b/c some of the posts suggest 1.1.1 is recommended...yet Dash-2 says "I'm sure Nullriver will update AppTap soon to work with 1.1.1 and Installer."

      What Im I missing here?
    1. jcit's Avatar
      jcit -
      Kinda scary... Still don't know what to do. I'm on 1.0.2 and want to keep what i have?

      look here

      http://www.tuaw.com/2007/10/19/rumor...3-0/2#comments
    1. samfeine's Avatar
      samfeine -
      how do you easaly get apptapp to work with 1.1.1 ? I may be great with computers but i only know html. thanks
    1. cockyjeremy's Avatar
      cockyjeremy -
      I can't say this is 100% for everyone else. But i'm on 1.0.2 with the new apptapp and it works perfectly for me.
    1. Dash-2's Avatar
      Dash-2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by NVMY4N View Post
      Im still on 1.0.2

      I don't feel like losing everything (updating to 1.1.1)

      So should I, or shouldn't I update to Installer 3.0
      It's strange b/c some of the posts suggest 1.1.1 is recommended...yet Dash-2 says "I'm sure Nullriver will update AppTap soon to work with 1.1.1 and Installer."

      What Im I missing here?
      Sorry for the confusion.

      I am currently running 1.0.2 with Installer 3.0 and it works fine.
      1.1.1 is recommended for Installer 3.0, but works on both.
      I was referring too the AppTapp program on a PC to jailbreak/install Installer.
      It currently only jailbreaks 1.0.2 and install the old Installer.

      You're safe to update to Installer 3.0
      =D
    1. Zach23's Avatar
      Zach23 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rxmxsh View Post
      VERY nice. and SMOOOOOOTH.



      Man up and upgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it, son!
      I kinda wanna use the phone