• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Looks like it's unlocked
    The iphone is unlocked through hardware but they are hoping to complete a software unlock very soon. Check out the video!

    Video:



    More info:
    http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/2007/...hone-done.html
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Looks like it's unlocked started by GreggSymington View original post
    Comments 40 Comments
    1. bonefish's Avatar
      bonefish -
      just watched the youtube video and read about it on http://www.hacktheiphone.com/.

      so one week from now, i really hope its sooner than that, im sure it will though. it must be lots of fun to have the knowledge that these guys have to do this. if i had that i would work day and night until i found the solution.

      im a AT&T customer with an iphone, but i am in a coutry now where i would really like to use it....... keep working on it guys, cant tell you how much i would appreciate a software unlock in the very near future
    1. j0hnnyw3st's Avatar
      j0hnnyw3st -
      he looks REALLY pissed off at the end.
    1. Rayne's Avatar
      Rayne -
      I kinda had a feeling geo would get there soon. Cool news.
    1. Phiberglass's Avatar
      Phiberglass -
      nice news. progression!
    1. Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
      Happy Noodle Boy -
      Dumb question, but how would an unlocked work from a data standpoint? AT&T provides EDGE. Would this work with any other data plan or would the iPhone then be limited to wifi?
    1. paidinfull's Avatar
      paidinfull -
      nice work
    1. slayorktc's Avatar
      slayorktc -
      Quote Originally Posted by paidinfull View Post
      kinda looks like he was using a turbo sim with a jailbreaked phone replaced tmobile with att icon....im not fooled
      haha
    1. toby12188's Avatar
      toby12188 -
      Quote Originally Posted by paidinfull View Post
      kinda looks like he was using a turbo sim with a jailbreaked phone replaced tmobile with att icon....im not fooled
      yeah.. kept the camera averted and looked like he pulled something away there right
    1. walkerdarin2003's Avatar
      walkerdarin2003 -
      ifuntastic makes it extremely easy to change out the icon to Tmobile. Not to mention they did keep the camera moving very quickly when capturing the video. I would have been impressed if he took his tmobile phone and physically stuck the sim card directly into the iphone. Pretty weak video.
    1. Sofabutt's Avatar
      Sofabutt -
      Homo
    1. r00t4rd3d's Avatar
      r00t4rd3d -
      Sure you can change the carrier logo , but you cant change that non v1TMobile sim card he pulled out of the phone.
    1. Sofabutt's Avatar
      Sofabutt -
      Did you see him pull that sim card from the phone? I saw him pull his ead away quickly and show a T Mobile sim card immediately after his head was off camera.
    1. nebulight's Avatar
      nebulight -
      Looks like his in his mom's kitchen, what a tool.
    1. tommy0486's Avatar
      tommy0486 -
      looks like a load of bs to me...look at it again, he pulls the sim card and switches them and puts the one from the phone off to the side, cant tell what kind of sim it is though
    1. Ganzonero's Avatar
      Ganzonero -
      Instead of calling it "a load of bs" i rather prefer to believe and support the guy. Look at him, a wannabe hacker, trying to make a name for himself and he would expose like that if it wasn´t for real. I rather believe that he wouldn't.
    1. hoits2000's Avatar
      hoits2000 -
      What a geek. I thought it was fake too, I can make my logo say poop, and call someone. I thought he was going to show what the phone said, like ours says cingular customer sometimes.

      haha, I bet his ma was recording that for him. And he just used the names of people that whooped the crap out of him in GOW.
    1. ValentineBoy's Avatar
      ValentineBoy -
      he looks so mad o_o;
    1. rx8racr's Avatar
      rx8racr -
      i bought an iphone today, get it friday and didnt know you had to sign up a 2 yr contract with them to use cingular service. The phone is used so maybe that will change it somehow. I really hope this unlocking works and he really did crack it. I need it asap!!
    1. Cody Overcash's Avatar
      Cody Overcash -
      Quote Originally Posted by paidinfull View Post
      kinda looks like he was using a turbo sim with a jailbreaked phone replaced tmobile with att icon....im not fooled
      Quote Originally Posted by toby12188 View Post
      yeah.. kept the camera averted and looked like he pulled something away there right
      Quote Originally Posted by walkerdarin2003 View Post
      ifuntastic makes it extremely easy to change out the icon to Tmobile. Not to mention they did keep the camera moving very quickly when capturing the video. I would have been impressed if he took his tmobile phone and physically stuck the sim card directly into the iphone. Pretty weak video.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sofabutt View Post
      Homo
      Quote Originally Posted by Sofabutt View Post
      Did you see him pull that sim card from the phone? I saw him pull his ead away quickly and show a T Mobile sim card immediately after his head was off camera.
      Quote Originally Posted by nebulight View Post
      Looks like his in his mom's kitchen, what a tool.
      Quote Originally Posted by tommy0486 View Post
      looks like a load of bs to me...look at it again, he pulls the sim card and switches them and puts the one from the phone off to the side, cant tell what kind of sim it is though
      Quote Originally Posted by hoits2000 View Post
      What a geek. I thought it was fake too, I can make my logo say poop, and call someone. I thought he was going to show what the phone said, like ours says cingular customer sometimes.

      haha, I bet his ma was recording that for him. And he just used the names of people that whooped the crap out of him in GOW.

      You know you guys are flaming one of the key people that made iphoneinterface and iphuc and the whole modding possible. right? Guess no one wants any new advancements. pitty.
    1. rx8racr's Avatar
      rx8racr -
      no kidding. thats exactly what i was thinking. He may have actually done this and all u can do is rag his ***. let him show us what hes got first