• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • +++ RELEASE! ModMyI iPhone Skinner +++
    Ladies and gentleman, we are finally on the new server, which means, without further adieu. I'd like to go live with our latest project, the iPhone Skinner.



    The app allows you to upload a background, icons, and a dock to the workspace, and simply drag them onto the iPhone demo on the screen. You can also drag and drop the Display Order directly from the app.

    We have a few features and tweaks we will be adding, as well as getting ya'll a guide on how to use it, etc.

    Basically, this creates an .ipb file, which can be put on your iPhone using InstallIPB by timblade. See this thread for more info.

    Make sure you have your icons and your display order matched up. Again, I will have a full guide up tonight or tomorrow on how to use this properly and how to install .ipb files.

    I know, I know, where is the link?


    iphone skinner


    cash edit:
    Oh yeah forgot to mention.

    This is a free trial, depending on system resource uses this may or may not continue to be a free service and might be moved into a monthly/yearly subscription service for the site. We will monitor the resources this takes and keep it free for as long as possible.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: +++ RELEASE! ModMyI iPhone Skinner +++ started by Kyle Matthews View original post
    Comments 158 Comments
    1. Kyle Matthews's Avatar
      Kyle Matthews -
      Is your phonedmg in your home folder?

      Have you tried opening the installipb.pl script itself and editing your firmware version in that third line or so in there as well?
    1. Spaceman's Avatar
      Spaceman -
      Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
      Is your phonedmg in your home folder?

      Have you tried opening the installipb.pl script itself and editing your firmware version in that third line or so in there as well?
      It is in my Home folder. I checked the 4th line and the version is 1.0.1

      I am reinstalling everything from scratch going carefully step by step so I will see if I missed anything or if its still acting up.

      When I type in "chmod u+x /phonedmg/installipb.pl"

      Is this what I am supposed to get or no?...

      Welcome to Darwin!
      macbook:~ simon$ chmod u+x /phonedmg/installipb.pl
      chmod: /phonedmg/installipb.pl: No such file or directory
      macbook:~ simon$

      ... The file is in my phonedmg folder in my home folder, so am I supposed to ype in "chmod u+x"?
    1. knobby's Avatar
      knobby -
      Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman View Post
      It is in my Home folder. I checked the 4th line and the version is 1.0.1

      I am reinstalling everything from scratch going carefully step by step so I will see if I missed anything or if its still acting up.

      When I type in "chmod u+x /phonedmg/installipb.pl"

      Is this what I am supposed to get or no?...

      Welcome to Darwin!
      macbook:~ simon$ chmod u+x /phonedmg/installipb.pl
      chmod: /phonedmg/installipb.pl: No such file or directory
      macbook:~ simon$

      ... The file is in my phonedmg folder in my home folder, so am I supposed to ype in "chmod u+x"?
      You will need ot point it at your phonedmg directory. If it's off your home dir you should do something like chmod u+x ~/phonedmg/installipb.pl. If it is in /my/fancy/dir/name/phonedmg then it would be chmod u+x /my/fancy/dir/name/phonedmg/installipb.pl
    1. Kyle Matthews's Avatar
      Kyle Matthews -
      You've asked that each time, ha. Obviously you shouldn't have it saying that file doesn't exist. Sounds like its working fine though if its giving you an error. If the chmod didn't work it wouldn't say anything other than "permission denied".
    1. Spaceman's Avatar
      Spaceman -
      Quote Originally Posted by knobby View Post
      You will need ot point it at your phonedmg directory. If it's off your home dir you should do something like chmod u+x ~/phonedmg/installipb.pl. If it is in /my/fancy/dir/name/phonedmg then it would be chmod u+x /my/fancy/dir/name/phonedmg/installipb.pl
      If I click info on the installipb.pl file this is what the location is...

      /Users/simon/phonedmg

      So what should I type then?
    1. Kyle Matthews's Avatar
      Kyle Matthews -
      You should replace /phonedmg with /Users/simon/phonedmg
    1. Spaceman's Avatar
      Spaceman -
      Son of a gun...

      Last login: Sun Aug 19 12:57:22 on ttyp1
      Welcome to Darwin!
      macbook:~ simon$ chmod u+x /Users/simon/phonedmg/installipb.pl
      macbook:~ simon$ cd phonedmg
      macbook:~/phonedmg simon$ ./jailbreak
      [jailbreak 1.0] by ziel w/ special thanks to GeoHot and the rest of the #iphone-dev crew.

      Looking for iPhone...
      Sending Files...
      Problem starting AFC: -402653150

      Sorry, apparently things just didn't work out.
      Look on the bright side, if jail was that good for Paris maybe you should give it a second chance.

      macbook:~/phonedmg simon$

      ... And now I get an error in iTunes and it does not want to connect to the phone. Please help.

      How do I put the Services.plist file back on to hopefully fix this?
    1. Kyle Matthews's Avatar
      Kyle Matthews -
      Yah if you've got an AFC error and you haven't installed SSH yet, you're looking at a restore. It shouldn't have done that, though, unless you were messing with it?
    1. Spaceman's Avatar
      Spaceman -
      Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
      Yah if you've got an AFC error and you haven't installed SSH yet, you're looking at a restore. It shouldn't have done that, though, unless you were messing with it?
      I will try a restore. I did not install SSH. I don't even know what that is, I am truly a beginner.
    1. daviddjr's Avatar
      daviddjr -
      is there a specific place where you can download themes with the iphoneskinnner that people made with the new program? D
    1. teufel657's Avatar
      teufel657 -
      Quote Originally Posted by daviddjr View Post
      is there a specific place where you can download themes with the iphoneskinnner that people made with the new program? D
      Check the downloads section at the top of the page. you can see specific themes made and are open to download. The skinner is more for personal use, to mix and match icons, backgrounds, etc. Most pre-made themes are in the *.ipb format though, so when you download them, easy to install.
    1. dangerfish's Avatar
      dangerfish -
      Can I use iFuntastic to perform steps 1 - 8, then type "./installipb.pl pf_backup.ipb" in terminal for step 9 and then re-jail the phone back in iFuntastic?
      I dont like messing around in terminal too much. Just wondering if there is an easier way to accomplish the same thing.

      Thanks for all the hard work guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1. xplod4202's Avatar
      xplod4202 -
      yes, where is that SSH thing? I get the same error message when i get to the last step.
    1. iPhoneWriter's Avatar
      iPhoneWriter -
      Quote Originally Posted by dangerfish View Post
      Can I use iFuntastic to perform steps 1 - 8, then type "./installipb.pl pf_backup.ipb" in terminal for step 9 and then re-jail the phone back in iFuntastic?
      I dont like messing around in terminal too much. Just wondering if there is an easier way to accomplish the same thing.

      Thanks for all the hard work guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Yes, that's exactly what I do.

      For some reason, I am unable to save themes right now?? It let's me create, drag/drop, etc. but when it comes time to "create skin", I give it a file name and it comes back with an "unable to save" error message??
    1. Kyle Matthews's Avatar
      Kyle Matthews -
      I believe there is a small error right now if you are uploading files named "icon.png". Try renaming those icons, and then uploading and creating the skin.
    1. iPhoneWriter's Avatar
      iPhoneWriter -
      Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
      I believe there is a small error right now if you are uploading files named "icon.png". Try renaming those icons, and then uploading and creating the skin.
      Thanks, PF. I tried that, to no avail. Actually, none of the icons I started with were named icon.png to begin with. I am sure the kink will get worked out soon enough though, so no worries.
    1. Kyle Matthews's Avatar
      Kyle Matthews -
      Hmm. I'll look into it. Working fine for me.
    1. iPhoneWriter's Avatar
      iPhoneWriter -
      I just tried it again.. using FireFox, on a MacBook and after clearing my cache and cookies, etc. Same results: able to drag/drop as desired, go to save.. give it a name... error message "Unable to create skin!".
    1. Cody Overcash's Avatar
      Cody Overcash -
      Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneWriter View Post
      Yes, that's exactly what I do.

      For some reason, I am unable to save themes right now?? It let's me create, drag/drop, etc. but when it comes time to "create skin", I give it a file name and it comes back with an "unable to save" error message??
      Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneWriter View Post
      I just tried it again.. using FireFox, on a MacBook and after clearing my cache and cookies, etc. Same results: able to drag/drop as desired, go to save.. give it a name... error message "Unable to create skin!".
      more details. whats your .png info . . . something weird is going on with your images themselves. might be encoding
    1. russdogg's Avatar
      russdogg -
      Thanks for the mac wiki update! Worked like a charm. So where do I paypal donations to?