The Dev Team announced today that they have gotten one step closer to the iPhone 3g software unlock. Over the past months they have made a lot of progress in freeing the 3g iPhone and have gotten to the point where they " . . . have a clear path to follow, and 'all' that remains is the implementation."
What have the devs accomplished so far?
- First they accomplished unsigned code execution on 3G baseband
- Next they reverted 01.45 baseband to previous versions
- After that they managed to patch of static text
- Most recently iphone-dev found the key for injection of AT routines
- Last but not least they have now managed injection of background tasks as shown in the video at the top of this thread
It's been a long struggle for the Dev Team thus far but they have been working steadily towards the end goal of a software unlock for the 3g. Not asking for money they just do what they do because its what they want to do. Mad props to the devs. Thanks for the continued efforts.