Well as I was cruising the AppShopper site I noticed that there was a app for a landscape keyboard.... which Apple should have included with our iPhones in the first place....
Not only was there one app released BUT five of them in a short time and only two of them have feedback.....
Now I am trying to decide what one I should buy... what one is the best for the money..... three of them are $1.99, one is $0.99 and the last one is $4.99
Take a look and let me know what one your going to buy?
1. Wide Email..... $1.99
Write emails using the wider, landscape keyboard, which is easier and faster to type on than the vertical keyboard in Mail. Compose quick emails — or long letters to distant friends — while holding the phone sideways. The horizontal keyboard has wider keys that are easier to see and to hit, even for people with big thumbs. Write the email then, with one tap, transfer it to Mail to add recipients and send it.
Also good for writing longer notes to yourself, or for jotting down part of a story, paper, or article when inspiration strikes, then emailing the text to yourself.
• Use wider, horizontal "landscape" keyboard to write emails
• Works for replying to emails from Mail, including reply all (see below)
• Turn phone to any orientation (even upside down!) and interface rotates
• Save drafts to finish later — great for writing long emails to friends
• Automatically saves copies of sent emails, just in case
• Automatically saves drafts if program is interrupted, e.g. by home key
You still must send the email through the built-in Mail program. Just tap "Send to Mail", add recipients, and send. To reply (or reply all) to emails in Mail, first choose reply from within Mail, and when the compose window comes up, quit Mail by pressing the home key. Open Wide Email and write your reply in a new draft with an empty subject line. When you tap "Send to Mail", your message will be inserted into the reply email, ready to send!
2. Lettera...... $1.99 <------- Don't care for this one myself --------->
Enjoy old-fashioned writing on your iPhone and iPod Touch, with this replica of an Italian modern design classic. Type on a full-sized keyboard, send your friends and co-workers beautiful, elegant notes with a touch of personality.
- Touch-type your notes on the screen
- Enjoy the typewriter sound effects
- Use the iPhone accelerometer to start a new line
- Share your notes as beautifully formatted PDF pages
- Choose among different paper textures and colours
- Use your notes to compose emails in Mail application
- Choose between US and Latin keyboard
3. Sideways...... $1.99
Make a lot of typing errors while authoring email?
This application is for you.
Optimized for typing with your iPhone or iPod Touch held horizontally (landscape orientation), Sideways presents a wider keyboard, giving you extra room for increased typing speed and fewer mistakes. Tap the action button and send the text to Mail.
- Wider keyboard for better accuracy and increased typing speed.
- Text is saved between launches.
- Tap Trash to delete current text.
- Action button for sending to email or restoring default help text.
Sideways can also be used to reply to or forward an email. Start in Mail and initiate the reply or forward. Open Sideways and type your text. Then just tap the "Send to Mail" action and the text will be inserted into the already-initiated message.
- Multiple Pages of storage
- Send text to Twitter (and possibly other services)
This application allows users to compose and reply to email messages in either portrait or landscape mode. Once typed, messages can be sent to the iPhone's Mail application for dispatch.
At last: compose new emails with a large keyboard in landscape mode.
If the small size of Mail's keyboard gets you down, fire up Compose and go horizontal! Big keys and more space means you can type faster.
Then, at the push of a button, send your newly-composed message to Mail, where you can address it and mail it wherever you need.