• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Apple Recalls iPhone 3G Ultra-compact Adapter.


    Today Apple Recalled their iPhone 3G adapter, the prongs may break in the outlet and cause a electrical hazard.
    Click Here For Exchange Link If you want a new one, click there. This applies only if your adapter does not have a green light on the bottom. You can also exchange at a Apple Retail store.Apple.com Link
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Apple Recalls iPhone 3G Ultra-compact Adapter. started by DoerrFan View original post
    Comments 37 Comments
    1. domanads2k4's Avatar
      domanads2k4 -
      Mine bent while charging the first day while waiting 4 hours to activate my iphone
    1. Imahottguy's Avatar
      Imahottguy -
      mine made me kill my neighbors...
    1. 461am's Avatar
      461am -
      mine did the job for me.
    1. one1's Avatar
      one1 -
      If apple gives me credit I want that money that DAY. I don't let others hold my money....... they always find a way to wiggle out.
    1. OPTICS's Avatar
      OPTICS -
      I have never even used that power adapter. I'm using the USB cable thats plugged into my Mac. Actually I stopped using the USB cable that came with the 3g because it was scratching the side of the plastic. Currently using an iPod USB cable, which I prefer because it has those two triggers on the sides that retracts the medal pieces that connect to the port.

      Here is more info:

      Apple has issued a recall on the USB power adapter included with the iPhone 3G. Apple has received reports of the metal prongs breaking off of the adapter and remaining lodged in power outlets, creating the risk of electric shock.



      According to Apple's support article on the recall, the adapter was included with every iPhone 3G sold in the US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Peru. The adapter was also available as a standalone accessory in those countries, as well as Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica, and Panama.
      Users with ultracompact power adapters should immediately stop using them until they exchange them for a new, redesigned ultracompact adapter.

      In the meantime, they should charge their iPhone 3G by connecting it to their computer with the USB cable that came with their iPhone or by using a standard-sized Apple USB Power Adapter (with fold up prongs) or with a third party adapter designed to work with the iPhone, such as a car charger.



      Apple notes that replacement adapters, which will not be available until October 10th, will contain a green dot on them in order to make identification simple.


      Affected users may order a replacement adapter via Apple's web-based form or in person at an Apple retail store beginning October 10th.
    1. aboudiiiiii's Avatar
      aboudiiiiii -
      how about if I filled the form and sent it already but don't have the charger on me? (sold it with 2G phone) LOL do you think apple'll charge me??

      I mean I can always say it got toasted while in the outlet to an unretrievable extent!!!

      Does apple monitor this forum??? LOL
    1. vhicke's Avatar
      vhicke -
      When reading the site about the recall it says it will start shipping them out after october 10th so they do not want me to charge my phone for 4 weeks.HHHAHAHHAHHHHHALLOLLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL
    1. 461am's Avatar
      461am -
      Quote Originally Posted by vhicke View Post
      When reading the site about the recall it says it will start shipping them out after october 10th so they do not want me to charge my phone for 4 weeks.HHHAHAHHAHHHHHALLOLLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL
      Or, or, and I'm just wildly guessing here, maybe, just maybe; they want you to use your computer.
    1. minawagdi's Avatar
      minawagdi -
      i bought it from canada and i am in egypt now
      the dealer has no iphone can i pay the shipping costs ?
      any contact email for them ?
    1. manbearpig's Avatar
      manbearpig -
      kewl. sucks for apple
    1. xwinger's Avatar
      xwinger -
      I got a text from Rogers today when I was at school. I didn't even know they were recalled 4 days ago! Anyways mine stays in my wall so thers not really any risk of it breaking off if I don't touch it... but I'll probably send it back seeing that I'm such a great person
    1. zoti's Avatar
      zoti -
      So, I got mine. Came in a huge box.

      Did anyone seed his old one back?
    1. 461am's Avatar
      461am -
      err, I'll send mine back tomorrow. They sent a threat along with each box. lol. Basically, "Send it back or we'll charge your credit card, yes, that's why we made you buy the phone with a credit card."
    1. zoti's Avatar
      zoti -
      Quote Originally Posted by 461am View Post
      err, I'll send mine back tomorrow. They sent a threat along with each box. lol. Basically, "Send it back or we'll charge your credit card, yes, that's why we made you buy the phone with a credit card."
      Where exactly are you reading this? I don't see anything like it on the paper they sent with the replacement.
    1. skb875's Avatar
      skb875 -
      Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
      Where exactly are you reading this? I don't see anything like it on the paper they sent with the replacement.
      It says: "If you do not arrange collection of the return envelope/box within 10 business days of the date on which you receive this letter, Apple will have the right to charge your credit card a non-return fee in the amount described at the time of order confirmation, as you agreed when you requested a repair from AppleCare Service."

      If I remember correctly, the price was $29
    1. zoti's Avatar
      zoti -
      Quote Originally Posted by skb875 View Post
      It says: "If you do not arrange collection of the return envelope/box within 10 business days of the date on which you receive this letter, Apple will have the right to charge your credit card a non-return fee in the amount described at the time of order confirmation, as you agreed when you requested a repair from AppleCare Service."

      If I remember correctly, the price was $29
      The letter I got doesn't say that.
    1. WillyDavidK's Avatar
      WillyDavidK -
      It's not in the letter, it's on the back of the shipping label - the one you're supposed to tear off in order to return the package (the prepaid return postage is under it)