• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • We haz Windows Quickpwn 2.1!!!
    Ok, so you have the flashy new firmware 2.1 running on your Iphone and a Windows PC right? You wanna jailbreak that bad boy right?

    WELL NOW YOU CAN!

    Introducing Windows Quickpwn 2.1, Here's the dirt:



    The dev team has released the 2.1 compatible GUI version of Windows QuickPwn.

    Supports 2.1 firmware with the unlocking and jailbreaking of iPhone 1st generation (2G) device. Supports the jailbreaking of iPod Touch 1st generation device and iPhone 3G. Does not support the unlocking of iPhone 3G or jailbreaking of second generation (n72ap based) iPod Touch.
    Post how it works for you here....

    Download Links:
    (sha1) QuickPwn21-1.zip = f8124d0e8f31f64ef3272de8fbc679e1dd1f93a7

    Official Torrent: http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/440...07.TPB.torrent
    MMi Mirror: http://modmyi.com/files/QuickPwn21-1.zip
    MMi Member Mirror: Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More - Downloads - QuickPwn 2.1 Windows GUI
    Mirror: http://apt.eggy.cc/stuff/files/windows/QuickPwn21-1.zip
    Mirror: http://84.94.229.115/QuickPwn21-1.zip

    Quick link to our downloads section for firmware files: Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More - Downloads - Firmware
    This article was originally published in forum thread: We haz Windows Quickpwn 2.1!!! started by cpjr View original post
    Comments 336 Comments
    1. cpjr's Avatar
      cpjr -
      Quote Originally Posted by ctriche View Post
      Can some one help me out with the above....I hate to be a pain but i'm new to the site. I don't really know where to start. and I don't want to mess my phone up.
      I would. If I was you.

      You'll want to do a "refurbish" in Ziphone first, that will "clean" up everything on the phone and take it back to OTB condition. Obviously back up everything first.

      Then upgrade to 2.1 firmware with Itunes. After that use Quickpwn to "unlock" and "jailbreak" the phone. Just do everything correctly and you shouldnt have any issues.
    1. ctriche's Avatar
      ctriche -
      Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
      I would. If I was you.

      You'll want to do a "refurbish" in Ziphone first, that will "clean" up everything on the phone and take it back to OTB condition. Obviously back up everything first.

      Then upgrade to 2.1 firmware with Itunes. After that use Quickpwn to "unlock" and "jailbreak" the phone. Just do everything correctly and you shouldnt have any issues.
      Thanks alot. I assume when I open ZIphone I'll see the refurbish link. Haven't opened it since I unlocked it back in May.

      Also one last question. I know I'll be backing it up but will I lose everything on the phone??
    1. cpjr's Avatar
      cpjr -
      ^^You will lose all your "hacked" apps, etc. Anytime you upgrade the phone gets wiped.

      Your settings, sms, contacts, etc can be backed up in Itunes.

      Oh, and welcome to MMi!
    1. SupahDave's Avatar
      SupahDave -
      The Dev Team comes thru yet again! Thanks.
    1. handa's Avatar
      handa -
      I had the same problem as the above poster. As in, the phone kept rebooting itself after my quickpwn 2.1.

      Originally I had installed Apple's 2.1 update and I think doing this quickpwn stuff OVER it is what is causing some major issues... anyway I had to do a 'fresh out of the box' restore and THEN quickpwn with the new software.

      Worked fine! Although this all took me 2 hrs... haha
    1. c.nash's Avatar
      c.nash -
      Where can I download the 2.1 firmware? It is not in the downloads section of this site as said before. I tried to just "download" it from itunes but I don't know where it is saved. I read it's in App Data.. but I don't even have that folder for some reason.
    1. abobader's Avatar
      abobader -
      Quote Originally Posted by c.nash View Post
      Where can I download the 2.1 firmware? It is not in the downloads section of this site as said before. I tried to just "download" it from itunes but I don't know where it is saved. I read it's in App Data.. but I don't even have that folder for some reason.
      In win XP, like this:

      CDocuments and Settings\your_profile_name\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates\

      My best
    1. Khraudo's Avatar
      Khraudo -
      Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
      You can download any firmware files for the iphone in our downloads section of this site.

      Also, I went ahead and linked that section to the main page.
      Thanks, but i dont think 2.1 3G firmware is up in the downloads section yet. unless im missing something.
    1. cpjr's Avatar
      cpjr -
      Quote Originally Posted by Khraudo View Post
      Thanks, but i dont think 2.1 3G firmware is up in the downloads section yet. unless im missing something.
      Hmmm, sorry. Nevermind. I swear I thought it was there, *scratching head*.
    1. Khraudo's Avatar
      Khraudo -
      Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
      Hmmm, sorry. Nevermind. I swear I thought it was there, *scratching head*.
      np ^^ ill try to find it on my computer... i should have it if i dl'd it from itunes right?
    1. cpjr's Avatar
      cpjr -
      Quote Originally Posted by Khraudo View Post
      np ^^ ill try to find it on my computer... i should have it if i dl'd it from itunes right?
      Right Here:
      CDocuments and Settings\your_profile_name\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates\
      (Thanks Abobader for keeping me from looking it up )

      Im also happy to report, upgrading straight to 2.1 from 2.0.2 and quickpwning without cleaning up all the crap I had on my Iphone......SO TOTALLY CRASHED IT.

      But as we're already aware of. Alot depends on the AppStore apps you have installed. Oh well, DFU here I go.

      Edit: After a clean restore it worked flawlessly.
    1. Khraudo's Avatar
      Khraudo -
      Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
      Right Here:
      Cocuments and Settingsyour_profile_nameApplication DataApple ComputeriTunesiPhone Software Updates

      Im also happy to report, upgrading straight to 2.1 from 2.0.2 and quickpwning without cleaning up all the crap I had on my Iphone......SO TOTALLY CRASHED IT.

      But as we're already aware of. Alot depends on the AppStore apps you have installed. Oh well, DFU here I go.

      Edit: After a clean restore it worked flawlessly.
      hmm, so if my phone is jailbroken and customized, i should remove all the customizations using cydia/installer apps right? like winterboard, mmi, categories etc?
    1. cpjr's Avatar
      cpjr -
      ^^Well, its probably a 50/50 chance of something crashing.

      In my opinion, I always like to do a clean restore in Itunes before pwning, not syncing and leaving all apps, etc off the phone until AFTER I pwn.

      Some people dont have problems, some do.
    1. Khraudo's Avatar
      Khraudo -
      Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
      ^^Well, its probably a 50/50 chance of something crashing.

      In my opinion, I always like to do a clean restore in Itunes before pwning, not syncing and leaving all apps, etc off the phone until AFTER I pwn.

      Some people dont have problems, some do.
      Hmmm, i dont mind doing a clean restore, but will i lose my song list? Because i went through alot of trouble renaming every song and genre
    1. elr0y7's Avatar
      elr0y7 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Khraudo View Post
      hmm, so if my phone is jailbroken and customized, i should remove all the customizations using cydia/installer apps right? like winterboard, mmi, categories etc?
      Yeah, you wanna turn off all winterboard mods, delete all categories folder, and basically try to make your phone look like it did when it was stock. You shouldn't have to delete any apps though, check out this guide: GUIDE, Upgrade from Jailbroken 2.0.2 to Jailbroken 2.1 without losing ANYTHING!!
      I added a couple notes at the end of that thread for the windows quickpwn method. Other than that I followed that method and it worked great.
    1. Khraudo's Avatar
      Khraudo -
      Quote Originally Posted by elr0y7 View Post
      Yeah, you wanna turn off all winterboard mods, delete all categories folder, and basically try to make your phone look like it did when it was stock. You shouldn't have to delete any apps though, check out this guide: GUIDE, Upgrade from Jailbroken 2.0.2 to Jailbroken 2.1 without losing ANYTHING!!
      I added a couple notes at the end of that thread for the windows quickpwn method. Other than that I followed that method and it worked great.
      awesome, that is for mac os x though, are the steps the same for pc? do i need to ssh transfers all the applications into their new folders with the windows quickpwn?

      EDIT: sorry, i read your notes at the end of the thread. thanks
    1. adamnur's Avatar
      adamnur -
      is there anyway to upgrade to 2.1 and jailbreak without losing anything?

      I know there's a guide like this for macs, but is there anything like this for windows?

      Thanks
    1. elr0y7's Avatar
      elr0y7 -
      Quote Originally Posted by adamnur View Post
      is there anyway to upgrade to 2.1 and jailbreak without losing anything?

      I know there's a guide like this for macs, but is there anything like this for windows?

      Thanks
      Yeah, check that guide I just linked too, it's now the same for pc since Quickpwn 2.1 was the only thing preventing us from following that method.
    1. Khraudo's Avatar
      Khraudo -
      Quote Originally Posted by elr0y7 View Post
      Yeah, check that guide I just linked too, it's now the same for pc since Quickpwn 2.1 was the only thing preventing us from following that method.
      haha to be honest im a little afraid ill brick my iphone. this is my second time pwning, and i have no idea how to restore the phone if something goes wrong... i understand i have to enter DFU mode (or something), and itunes should do the restoring?
    1. cpjr's Avatar
      cpjr -
      Quote Originally Posted by Khraudo View Post
      Hmmm, i dont mind doing a clean restore, but will i lose my song list? Because i went through alot of trouble renaming every song and genre
      Your song list? You mean in Itunes? If thats it, all apple approved stuff will sync back to the phone normally.

      Quote Originally Posted by Khraudo View Post
      haha to be honest im a little afraid ill brick my iphone. this is my second time pwning, and i have no idea how to restore the phone if something goes wrong... i understand i have to enter DFU mode (or something), and itunes should do the restoring?
      If something happens, yeah enter DFU mode (easy):

      Connect to Itunes, power off iphone.
      Hold power button 5 seconds.
      Without releasing power button, now hold home button 10 seconds.
      Release power button, continue to hold home button until Itunes recognizes phone (10-20 sec).

      Restore.