• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • We haz Windows Quickpwn 2.1!!!
    Ok, so you have the flashy new firmware 2.1 running on your Iphone and a Windows PC right? You wanna jailbreak that bad boy right?

    WELL NOW YOU CAN!

    Introducing Windows Quickpwn 2.1, Here's the dirt:



    The dev team has released the 2.1 compatible GUI version of Windows QuickPwn.

    Supports 2.1 firmware with the unlocking and jailbreaking of iPhone 1st generation (2G) device. Supports the jailbreaking of iPod Touch 1st generation device and iPhone 3G. Does not support the unlocking of iPhone 3G or jailbreaking of second generation (n72ap based) iPod Touch.
    Post how it works for you here....

    Download Links:
    (sha1) QuickPwn21-1.zip = f8124d0e8f31f64ef3272de8fbc679e1dd1f93a7

    Official Torrent: http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/440...07.TPB.torrent
    MMi Mirror: http://modmyi.com/files/QuickPwn21-1.zip
    MMi Member Mirror: Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More - Downloads - QuickPwn 2.1 Windows GUI
    Mirror: http://apt.eggy.cc/stuff/files/windows/QuickPwn21-1.zip
    Mirror: http://84.94.229.115/QuickPwn21-1.zip

    Quick link to our downloads section for firmware files: Apple Forums | ModMyi.com | iPhone, iPod, Mac, OS X, Mods, More - Downloads - Firmware
    This article was originally published in forum thread: We haz Windows Quickpwn 2.1!!! started by cpjr View original post
    Comments 336 Comments
    1. sikdaz's Avatar
      sikdaz -
      thanks a lot you guys rule!
    1. r1994augusto's Avatar
      r1994augusto -
      *****ATTENTION*******
      I ve just updated my iPhone 2g to 2.1
      i know that the normal process when updating is by clicking update
      in my case I downloaded the IPSW file (2.1) from here
      I pressed SHIFT + Update and selected my IPSW file when it finished my iPhone was totally unlocked everything was running perfectly but I didn't had Cydia nor Installer

      Can some one tell me why this happened
      thanks

      NOTE I didn't used quickpwn
    1. rz.'s Avatar
      rz. -
      quick question: If I choose to set up as a new iphone, will i be able to sync my backup after or will it be gone?
    1. mastuul's Avatar
      mastuul -
      Quote Originally Posted by r1994augusto View Post
      *****ATTENTION*******
      I ve just updated my iPhone 2g to 2.1
      i know that the normal process when updating is by clicking update
      in my case I downloaded the IPSW file (2.1) from here
      I pressed SHIFT + Update and selected my IPSW file when it finished my iPhone was totally unlocked everything was running perfectly but I didn't had Cydia nor Installer

      Can some one tell me why this happened
      thanks

      NOTE I didn't used quickpwn
      The firmware you put on your phone isn't a custom firmware. You need to jailbreak it using Quickpwn 2.1 in order to put Cydia/Installer back on your phone.
    1. mgmm1's Avatar
      mgmm1 -
      I am guilty of not reading this entire thread as I just read through 28 pages of posts on iPodToughFans and posted my problem. I also read through the help techniques on the Apple website. Here is what I posted on iPodTF.
      -----------------------------------------------------

      I have a 32gb iTouch that was running a jailbroke version of 1.1.4. for the past several months. I decided to update to version 2.1.

      I updated my iTunes to version 8 and purchased version 2.1 for the iTunes store and installed it. Then I hit restore within iTunes. So far so good. I noticed that the iTouch had the black screen with the apple logo with a small moving circle like it was loading something. I assumed this was normal but my iTouch would periodically disconnect and then reconnect. While connected, the device showed it had version 2.1 installed.

      I reinstalled some music and they all transferred fine and so did a video.

      Next I downloaded and started Morphey's QuickPwn and proceeded to run it. I did all the steps and it said my device was successfully changed. However, I still have the black screen with the apple logo that appears to be loading. I held down the home button and the power button to re-boot but same background. I check out the Apple help which suggested to restart my computer; this did not help. The next suggestion was to uninstall and re-install iTunes; my iTouch is still f'd up. I also tried different sync cables and USB ports. Same old friggin' black background and stupid white logo. I forget to mention there is no slider to open any apps.

      More info: now when I try to backup and restore and get an error message that my iTouch is disconnected, but when I can see the device name and music installed so it appears connected to me. I also tried to restore from another pc I receive the same message that my device is not connected.

      I am trying to run the battery down to see if that will help. Periodically, the screen will go completely black (no apple logo) and then come back on

      Is this problem fixable and how?

      Thanks in advance for any help.
    1. hannibalhector's Avatar
      hannibalhector -
      I can't unlock my iPhone for the life of me. I used quickpwn and nope. I used bootneuter and nope. I did a full restore then quickpwn and still nothing. I am still under at&t contract but would like to use my t-mobile simcard. WTF am I doing wrong. In bootneuter it already says that I don't need to flash, settings i guess are where they are suppose to be. When I do put my t-mo simcard it says that i need to connect to itunes and i get that god awful emergency screen.
    1. ETAWIL's Avatar
      ETAWIL -
      does Quickpwn 2.1 work with a jailbroken/unlocked 1.1.1 iphone ? any additional steps needed? please help.. Thanks
    1. cpjr's Avatar
      cpjr -
      Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 View Post
      I am guilty of not reading this entire thread as I just read through 28 pages of posts on iPodToughFans and posted my problem. I also read through the help techniques on the Apple website. Here is what I posted on iPodTF.
      -----------------------------------------------------
      You have a 32gb Iphone, please tell me where you got it

      And by the way, you need to place the iTouch in DFU mode, restore with Itunes and BEFORE syncing anything, pwn it. Then sync.
    1. Legacy24x's Avatar
      Legacy24x -
      I have a 8gig 2g iphone and I use t-mobile. I just updated it to 2.02 with winpwn and then this came out. I went through the process of updating it through itunes to 2.1. Everything worked fine and I haven't even used quickpwn yet but it still lets me use t-mobile. Granted it isn't jailbroken so I don't have cydia on it yet (i do intend to do this.) I was just curious why with a fresh restore to a legit apple firmware why It would allow me to still use t-mobile? I thought it needed to be unlocked as well..
    1. hannibalhector's Avatar
      hannibalhector -
      Quote Originally Posted by Legacy24x View Post
      I have a 8gig 2g iphone and I use t-mobile. I just updated it to 2.02 with winpwn and then this came out. I went through the process of updating it through itunes to 2.1. Everything worked fine and I haven't even used quickpwn yet but it still lets me use t-mobile. Granted it isn't jailbroken so I don't have cydia on it yet (i do intend to do this.) I was just curious why with a fresh restore to a legit apple firmware why It would allow me to still use t-mobile? I thought it needed to be unlocked as well..
      Well God Bless You my friend. I have been trying to unlock my iPhone like forever and when I put a t-mo simcard in there I get that stupid emergency screen grrrr. When I put my at&t it works fine.
    1. mastuul's Avatar
      mastuul -
      Quote Originally Posted by Legacy24x View Post
      I have a 8gig 2g iphone and I use t-mobile. I just updated it to 2.02 with winpwn and then this came out. I went through the process of updating it through itunes to 2.1. Everything worked fine and I haven't even used quickpwn yet but it still lets me use t-mobile. Granted it isn't jailbroken so I don't have cydia on it yet (i do intend to do this.) I was just curious why with a fresh restore to a legit apple firmware why It would allow me to still use t-mobile? I thought it needed to be unlocked as well..
      From what I've read on various sites, the baseband wasn't updated by Apple on the new firmware which allows it to remain unlocked. The same exact thing happened to me. I did use Quickpwn 2.1 to jailbreak it after updating on iTunes and everything's good.

      Quote Originally Posted by hannibalhector View Post
      I can't unlock my iPhone for the life of me. I used quickpwn and nope. I used bootneuter and nope. I did a full restore then quickpwn and still nothing. I am still under at&t contract but would like to use my t-mobile simcard. WTF am I doing wrong. In bootneuter it already says that I don't need to flash, settings i guess are where they are suppose to be. When I do put my t-mo simcard it says that i need to connect to itunes and i get that god awful emergency screen.
      I'm no expert, but here's what I would try:

      Install and run Winpwn 2.5 to jailbreak and unlock your phone with 2.0.2 firmware (follow the guide on sleepers.net so that you have everything you need downloaded and ready to go before starting the process). I don't know for sure, but I've read that you're supposed to have a previously "pwned" phone to use Quickpwn. One thing that's not on BigBoss' guide is that you need to press "shift+restore" on iTunes in order to choose the firmware you want to put on the phone (you will want the custom ipsw created by Winpwn). Hopefully this process will leave you with a jailbroke and unlocked phone on 2.0.2 firmware.

      From there, upgrade the firmware on iTunes 8 to 2.1 (this will unjailbreak the phone but leave it unlocked), run Quickpwn 2.1 (this will jailbreak and add Cydia/Installer to the phone by choosing those options), and you should be all good. Like I said, this is just what I would try doing.
    1. quahog_convo's Avatar
      quahog_convo -
      Yay! worked like a charm from my 2.0.2 WinPwn'd iPhone to 2.1.
    1. xtc85's Avatar
      xtc85 -
      For those of you getting the apple logo, spinning wheel of death, buzzing ect. Use Iphonebrowser go into private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ and delete com.apple.springboard.plist. Now it should boot.
    1. hannibalhector's Avatar
      hannibalhector -
      Quote Originally Posted by mastuul View Post
      From what I've read on various sites, the baseband wasn't updated by Apple on the new firmware which allows it to remain unlocked. The same exact thing happened to me. I did use Quickpwn 2.1 to jailbreak it after updating on iTunes and everything's good.



      I'm no expert, but here's what I would try:

      Install and run Winpwn 2.5 to jailbreak and unlock your phone with 2.0.2 firmware (follow the guide on sleepers.net so that you have everything you need downloaded and ready to go before starting the process). I don't know for sure, but I've read that you're supposed to have a previously "pwned" phone to use Quickpwn. One thing that's not on BigBoss' guide is that you need to press "shift+restore" on iTunes in order to choose the firmware you want to put on the phone (you will want the custom ipsw created by Winpwn). Hopefully this process will leave you with a jailbroke and unlocked phone on 2.0.2 firmware.

      From there, upgrade the firmware on iTunes 8 to 2.1 (this will unjailbreak the phone but leave it unlocked), run Quickpwn 2.1 (this will jailbreak and add Cydia/Installer to the phone by choosing those options), and you should be all good. Like I said, this is just what I would try doing.
      Thanks dude but I tried all that already. I was jailbroken before they went to the 2. series . I tried different setting in bootneuter and can only make calls with a non at&t sim but can't get passed that emergency screen. I really don't know what else to do. I've seen multiple videos and it seems I am doing everything the same way but can't get passed that emergency screen.
    1. cong405's Avatar
      cong405 -
      First I gotta say you're doing a splendid job cpjr with getting back to everyone question. I have a question myself. I've been reading through a lot of the posts and only found one that is related to my question. I currently have 1.1.4 on my iPhone(it's the first gen). I unlocked it with iLiberty+ a few months back when it came out. I now want to upgrade it to the new 2.1 firmware but not definitely sure how. On the 3rd page of this thread, CPJR told a member who has the same firmware as me to "refurbish" his/her iphone and then pwn it. I was wondering if it's possible not to do the whole "reburb" part on ZiPhone and go to itune to restore the phone, then pwn it? Or is there another way? The reason I want to avoid using Ziphone is because I just read that a thread not to use ZiPhone so I'm trying to stay away from that.

      Have anyone successfully unlock and jailbroken their iphone starting with the 1.1.4 firmware? If so, can you please post how you did it or pm me? I would really appreciate this. Thank you
    1. cpjr's Avatar
      cpjr -
      Quote Originally Posted by cong405 View Post
      First I gotta say you're doing a splendid job cpjr with getting back to everyone question. I have a question myself. I've been reading through a lot of the post and only found one that is related to my question. I currently have 1.1.4 on my iPhone(it's the first gen). I unlocked it with iLiberty+ a few months back when it came out. I now want to upgrade it to the new 2.1 firmware but not definitely sure how. On the 3rd page of this thread, CPJR told a member who has the same firmware as me to "refurbish" this phone and then pwn it. I was wondering if it's possible not to do the whole "reburb" part on ZiPhone and go to itune to restore the phone, then pwn it? Or is there another way? The reason so is because I just read that a thread not to use ZiPhone so I'm trying to stay away from that.

      Have anyone successfully unlock and jailbroken their iphone starting with the 1.1.4 firmware? If so, can you please post how you did it or pm me. I would really appreciate this.
      I dont think it is absolutely necessary to "refurbish" first. Its just a little "cleaner" way of doing it, to help that little bit more not to have any issues.

      If you use itunes to upgrade straight to 2.1, then BEFORE you sync your stuff back....Quickpwn it jailbreak/unlock you should be fine. After that sync back. Read a couple of posts here from people unlocking (as I use AT&T) to see what issues/fixes they came up with.
    1. franklinromeo's Avatar
      franklinromeo -
      I can't get Winscp to work
      Can someone help me?
    1. mgmm1's Avatar
      mgmm1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
      You have a 32gb Iphone, please tell me where you got it

      And by the way, you need to place the iTouch in DFU mode, restore with Itunes and BEFORE syncing anything, pwn it. Then sync.
      My pc was hijacked by gremlins and they typed I had a 32gb iPhone when it is actually an iTouch .

      .@cpjr, thanks for the tip, I completely forgot about the DFU mode even though I read it in many of the posts.

      Now I have a jailbroken version of 2.1 on my 32gb iTouch

      Thanks again for the help.
    1. cpjr's Avatar
      cpjr -
      Quote Originally Posted by franklinromeo View Post
      I can't get Winscp to work
      Can someone help me?
      Do you have "openssh" installed on your iphone from Cydia? Its a must.
    1. cong405's Avatar
      cong405 -
      Must I have my iPhone plugged in first before I click on the exe? Because when I clicked on the exe, an application error popped up. It say, "The application failed to initialized properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."

      Hey franklinromeo, I read that you upgraded and unlocked your iphone from 1.1.4 to 2.1, are you encountering any problems with the new firmware?