This update also adds the capability to add installer and custom boot logos.
This version is still in beta stages, so try at your own risk. Also, there is still no update on the 3G unlocking but the unlocked 2G iPhones will remain unlocked.
The steps to follow are:
- Upgrade your iPhone to 2.0.2 with iTunes.
- Download the new QuickPwn. (Link at end of the post)
- Run QuickPwn and follow on-screen instructions and your phone will be jailbroken in a few minutes with Custom Boot Logos, Installer and Cydia installed!
Also, 3G users are not recommended to update till a new Pwnage Tool is out so they can disable baseband update.
A mac version with GUI is still in works and the new PwnageTool is said to have some more new tweaks. Again, with the new WinPwn and PwnageTool around the corner, it is recommended for the iPhone 3G users to wait.
Till then, here are a few screenshots and details of the upcoming version of WinPwn.
- QuickPwn support (2.0/2.0.1/2.0.2)
- DFU helper
- Automatic updater (yay no more downloading new installers)
- Plus much more....
DevTeam Mirror (SHA1 = 8e1ed2ce9e7e473d38a9dc7824a384a9ac34d7d0)