But now there's a simple solution for free with which you don't even need to publicize your password. Though there is a very small glitch, but otherwise it works perfectly! This solution is only compatible with 2.0 or 2.0+ firmware versions.
Here's how you can do it yourself:
1. Go to Cydia and install the following programs:
- XML Parser Toolkit
2. Reboot you phone and open MobileTerminal and type the following command:
ssh localhost -l root
3. Type alpine when prompted for password.
4. After that, your screen should look like the one below.
5. Now type the following:
freepopsd -p 110 &
You will get a number in the output like one in the screen below.
6. Go to mail application and to add your account tap other.
7. Type in your name, e-mail address (Windows Live ID) and password, then tap save.
8. Now, you will get an error saying Pop account verification failed in the application's status bar.
9. Now in Incoming Mail Server, change hostname to localhost and tap save.
10. Click yes on the SSL error pop-up.
11. Now, it will begin downloading your mails.
12. For a precaution go to the Settings app --> Mail, Contacts, Calendars and change the default number of messages that show to 200 recent messages.
Here's the only small glitch of the app. When you reboot the phone, root logs out. So everytime you want to check mail just follow steps 2-5 again and you are ready to go. Hope a solution is being worked upon.
All credits for this wonderful utility goes to oNaiPs