• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Firmware 2.0.1 is available.


    I just started a restore on my 3G and iTunes asked me to update my phone to 2.0.1!

    More info to come!

    Update: Also available for iPod touch owners.
    Update 2: So far, after upgrading, my iPhone 3G seems to be overall quicker. Apps load faster and keyboard lag is just about non-existant.-ajl917



    Edit Poseidon:
    If your phone is pwned and you hit upgrade in iTunes you will get error 6 and you will have to re-pwn your phone with the custom 2.0.0 software.


    The current versions of Pwnage and WinPwn will not work with 2.0.1 right now!! Stay posted for updates to these programs!!-ajl917
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Firmware 2.0.1 is available. started by PhxBlue View original post
    Comments 332 Comments
    1. rvlyssup's Avatar
      rvlyssup -
      Reception still sucks...going back to 1.1.4...
    1. fletch33's Avatar
      fletch33 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rvlyssup View Post
      Reception still sucks...going back to 1.1.4...

      Funny how different results can come out of the same software upgrades. 2.0.1 is by far the best reception I have had since 1.0. I immediately was getting an extra bar in my house after upgrading to 2.0.1
    1. tattoojack's Avatar
      tattoojack -
      Quote Originally Posted by fletch33 View Post
      Funny how different results can come out of the same software upgrades. 2.0.1 is by far the best reception I have had since 1.0. I immediately was getting an extra bar in my house after upgrading to 2.0.1

      dude your avatar has me ROTFLMMFAO every time i see it.

      anyway, i digress, better signal eh?

      i think i may have found 1 reason to switch from 1.1.4

      just 1 tho.
    1. rvlyssup's Avatar
      rvlyssup -
      Quote Originally Posted by fletch33 View Post
      Funny how different results can come out of the same software upgrades. 2.0.1 is by far the best reception I have had since 1.0. I immediately was getting an extra bar in my house after upgrading to 2.0.1
      My iPhones are at 5 bars about 95% to 98% of the time when running on 1.1.4 FW or lower.

      Tried the 2.0 FW on my 8 GiG and my back up 4 GiG and got mostly "No Service" or 1 to 2 bars. I was hoping 2.0.1 fixed that issue. That one was a bit better, I was not getting "No Service" anymore but 2 to 3 bars still ain't gonna cut it.
    1. fletch33's Avatar
      fletch33 -
      Quote Originally Posted by rvlyssup View Post
      My iPhones are at 5 bars about 95% to 98% of the time when running on 1.1.4 FW or lower.

      Tried the 2.0 FW on my 8 GiG and my back up 4 GiG and got mostly "No Service" or 1 to 2 bars. I was hoping 2.0.1 fixed that issue. That one was a bit better, I was not getting "No Service" anymore but 2 to 3 bars still ain't gonna cut it.

      honestly i have been flashing/seem editing/hacking/etc... phones for a long time and have had every friggin make and a lot of models and reception usually varies from phone to phone based on design and type of radio it has.

      this really leads me to believe that although i did state that i have an extra bar with 2.0.1 it doesnt necessarily mean i am getting it in actual signal strength. my personal opinion is that 2.0 to 2.0.1 signal difference may be more related to the software relating the signal strength to the meter that we see than actually providing me better coverage. i have yet to have had time to test this.

      i can say that i travel a lot and have time to test the new 3G versus my previous 2G and there is NO doubt that i get nearly twice the reception with the new model. even if you take the new 3G radio out of the picture with the new iPhone you can still easily understand that the plastic casing will add to better reception over the metal of the original model.

      anyway 2.0.1 whether it gives me actual better reception in the real world has yet to be determined but i can say that it was worth it just for the snappier OS especially when it comes to opening contacts, email, calendar, etc...

      i guess it is possible that the 2G will just be better on software that was designed for it and 2.0 was built around the 3G? just a guess on your reception difference between the two firmwares.

      Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
      dude your avatar has me ROTFLMMFAO every time i see it.
      LOL. big fan of those movies myself.

      my sig usually makes people think i am from Louisiana HAHAHA.
    1. elbolao23's Avatar
      elbolao23 -
      do those 3 files work for the iphone 2g???? or only for the 3g??
    1. xwinger's Avatar
      xwinger -
      I hope it fixes the stupid keyboard lag and safari crashes
    1. rvlyssup's Avatar
      rvlyssup -
      Quote Originally Posted by fletch33 View Post
      honestly i have been flashing/seem editing/hacking/etc..phones for a long time and have had every friggin make and a lot of models and reception usually varies from phone to phone based on design and type of radio it has....
      Motorola was my favorite, I still remember my 1st v3 that I bricked. Been a pro ever since... HTC PDAs were next...easy as pie. Memories...
      Quote Originally Posted by fletch33 View Post
      this really leads me to believe that although i did state that i have an extra bar with 2.0.1 it doesnt necessarily mean i am getting it in actual signal strength. my personal opinion is that 2.0 to 2.0.1 signal difference may be more related to the software relating the signal strength to the meter that we see than actually providing me better coverage. i have yet to have had time to test this.

      i can say that i travel a lot and have time to test the new 3G versus my previous 2G and there is NO doubt that i get nearly twice the reception with the new model. even if you take the new 3G radio out of the picture with the new iPhone you can still easily understand that the plastic casing will add to better reception over the metal of the original model.

      anyway 2.0.1 whether it gives me actual better reception in the real world has yet to be determined but i can say that it was worth it just for the snappier OS especially when it comes to opening contacts, email, calendar, etc...

      i guess it is possible that the 2G will just be better on software that was designed for it and 2.0 was built around the 3G? just a guess on your reception difference between the two firmwares.
      I agree...

      I just upgraded my wife's iPhone to 2.0.1. We have legit iPhone plans and her iPhone synced, updated, backed up, and works perfectly. I'm almost afraid to Pwn or hack it. I believe the new FWs (2.0 and 2.0.1) are still buggy. I wait and see in a few days. Maybe Apple put something in the new FW making it act up when you hack it. You never know...
    1. Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
      Real_Iphonecrazy -
      Why DFU Mode???

      I upgraded from custom 2.0,0 to custom 2.0,1 and did not enter DFU.

      I created custom firmware 2.0,1 with Winpwn.

      Conected 3g Iphone to PC/Itunes.

      Clicked on restore while holding shift key.

      Pointed Itunes to custom fimware.

      Waited while Itunes did its stuff.

      And Hey Presto.

      Iphone 3g on Pwned 2.0,1 Firmware.

      And no DFU Mode. So can someone please explain why people are being told to put Iphones in DFU mode.
    1. Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
      Real_Iphonecrazy -
      ???
    1. rvlyssup's Avatar
      rvlyssup -
      Quote Originally Posted by Real_Iphonecrazy View Post
      Why DFU Mode???

      I upgraded from custom 2.0,0 to custom 2.0,1 and did not enter DFU.

      I created custom firmware 2.0,1 with Winpwn.

      Conected 3g Iphone to PC/Itunes.

      Clicked on restore while holding shift key.

      Pointed Itunes to custom fimware.

      Waited while Itunes did its stuff.

      And Hey Presto.

      Iphone 3g on Pwned 2.0,1 Firmware.

      And no DFU Mode. So can someone please explain why people are being told to put Iphones in DFU mode.
      iTunes puts your iPhone on DFU mode every single time you use it. What is the difference you might say. You have an iPhone plan on your account. What ever restoring or upgrading you do, iTunes will always put the phone in DFU mode first before the process.

      For the rest of us on T-Mo, Fido, non-iPhone at&t (pay as you go) plans, etc, once restoring or upgrading has been done, iTunes tries to activate the iPhone. Because the # is not an iPhone plan, iTunes will give you an error message like "iTunes does not recognize the iPhone" or "Insert valid SIM" or "iTunes is unable to read the iPhone yada, yada, yada". Therefore, the need to put the iPhone on DFU mode so custom or stock FW can be uploaded. Sometimes, iTunes will recognize the iPhone and that the restore tab can be utilized negating the need to put the iPhone in DFU mode.

      Keep in mind that if an error was encountered while upgrading / restoring your 3g legit at&t iPhone plan account, you too will need to put your iPhone on DFU mode when iTunes does not recognize it...
    1. Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
      Real_Iphonecrazy -
      Thanks for explanation. I was just wondering.