• Your favorite

    Apple

    ,

    iPhone

    ,

    iPad

    ,

    iOS

    ,
    Jailbreak
    , and
    Cydia
    site.
  • Iphone Dev Team Still Trying To Unlock 3G


    Well posted on their blog is some bad news. Their new pwnage tool about to be released will activate and jailbreak the new 3G but it won't unlock. You guys are going to have to wait a little for that.

    On a more positive note if you have a first gen iphone with the 2.0 software, it will be able to unlock that.

    Apparently the latest build of firmware on the 3G is giving them some trouble and they want to wait until they perfect it.

    blog.iphone-dev.org
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Iphone Dev Team Still Trying To Unlock 3G started by .:MirrorminD:. View original post
    Comments 100 Comments
    1. seraph1024's Avatar
      seraph1024 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Vaddy View Post
      I'm stoked! Fellow Tmobile peeps, our 3G coverage rolls out on October 1st! I've also heard that the iPhone 3G may work with tmobiles 3G despite the different frequencies because of the phones built in chip, I will find a link and post it shortly.

      I hate to break the news to you but regardless of what is said, it will not work. Here are the reasons. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think I am wrong. iPhone 3G has the following 3G frequencies. 850/1900/2100. What you are thinking is the following. AWS is on 1700/2100. So there is 2100 is common between both and yay, it will work. The reality is this. AWS is using 1700 for upload and 2100 for download. You need both ways to make it work. My suggestion is this: if you are on T-Mobile USA, then wait for their own version of 3G and hopefully it will become a popular band soon. Canada, Mexico and Peru (if I am not mistaken) will be using AWS soon as they are being auctioned off to cell providers.
    1. JoeyDee's Avatar
      JoeyDee -
      Would this be applicable to people using ZIPHONE? For example - ones the Dev Team release the code to unlock - I'm guessing other apps like "Zipphone and Pwoned Tool" will facilitate the abilities to unlock 2.0?

      The reason I'm asking such a question is because I have Ziphone and I never used Pwoned Tool"...

      -JOey
    1. kane2007uk's Avatar
      kane2007uk -
      Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
      No, it has not been recompiled to work with 2.0 that I know of, BUT it only means that now that it is jailbroken, we just have to wait for them to release it so they can start working on Summerboard. oh yeah, White iPhone 3G for the win.
      Installer 4.0, for the 2.0 FW is on it's way, some of you guys seem to forget most app devs have been working on earlier builds of the 2.0 FW, and that by the time the Dev Team are finished there could be quite a few apps already working.

      Installer 4.0 available soon in a Pwned Device Near You | iSpazio - The iPhone Blog
    1. bts0uth's Avatar
      bts0uth -
      Quote Originally Posted by kane2007uk View Post
      Installer 4.0, for the 2.0 FW is on it's way, some of you guys seem to forget most app devs have been working on earlier builds of the 2.0 FW, and that by the time the Dev Team are finished there could be quite a few apps already working.

      Installer 4.0 available soon in a Pwned Device Near You | iSpazio - The iPhone Blog
      WOW that got me so hyped for the jailbreak. I can't wait to have myPhone back!!!

      Hopefully windows will be close behind the mac version or im gonna have to buy a bootleg mac for a couple hundred bucks lol
    1. Poseidon79's Avatar
      Poseidon79 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JoeyDee View Post
      Would this be applicable to people using ZIPHONE? For example - ones the Dev Team release the code to unlock - I'm guessing other apps like "Zipphone and Pwoned Tool" will facilitate the abilities to unlock 2.0?

      The reason I'm asking such a question is because I have Ziphone and I never used Pwoned Tool"...

      -JOey
      Ziphone and Pwnage are completely different methods to unlocking/jailbreaking. The Ziphone method has been patched by Apple so if he comes out with another program it will be completely different in how it does it's job.
    1. Krazedkid1221's Avatar
      Krazedkid1221 -
      I think I'm going to throw up.

      I can't wait much longer
      I wanna cry.
    1. titeo's Avatar
      titeo -
      1st Gen iPhone FTW I hope the unlock will released soon for us 1st Gen owners. I"m dying to get on that app store.
    1. GHOSTYAIRO's Avatar
      GHOSTYAIRO -
      This is Awesome DevTeam rocks, can't wait to see the release, I hope they unlock the 3G soon.
    1. FramedTrash's Avatar
      FramedTrash -
      sweet cant wait
      i just ordered my prepaid 16gb phone (im from oz)
      should be here in about a week
      its going to be locked to the carrier i use any way so a unlock doesnt really bother me
      i just want to jail brake it and get some of those apps running
      like the video recorder and mms
      most of the **** in the app store doesnt really appeal to me
      great work devs keep it up
      im installing leopard onto my vista machine as i type so once its relased i can pwn my phone without having to wait for winpwn
      great work devs keep it up
    1. jmarc70's Avatar
      jmarc70 -
      Kudos to the Dev Team and this site. This is the only place I trust to get the REAL info I need. Waiting sucks, for sure. However, waiting for a result you know you can trust ...... Priceless!
    1. Sheraz150's Avatar
      Sheraz150 -
      "Its coming soon," they said that one week ago now. Dev-team are big media whores.
    1. niceguy281's Avatar
      niceguy281 -
      I totally agree, this is getting tiring. The iphone dev team has ruined the whole thing by failing to give any visibility as to when they might release the tool, stop using f***** "soon" for God's sake. It's fine if you say one week or two, but "soon" just puts everybody is waiting mode.

      and yeah to whomever moderates this site/ forum, stop locking threads where opinions contrary to the one you hold are being discussed. people are free to ***** about the dev team if they want to, and the dev team is free not to release their tool if they want to. Freedom of speech should not be infringed upon to relieve your freaky control tendencies, get a pet or sthg
    1. NakedFaerie's Avatar
      NakedFaerie -
      Are they ever going to release this?
      Everyday you get a video or update and this one says its finished for 1st gen iphones which is the main reason for the jailbreak as the 3g users can use thier phones nearly anywhere and the 1st gen cant as they are locked.
      Example: here in Aus the 2nd gen 3G can be used but the 1st gen cant without jailbreak/unlock.

      I want the devs to hear this.... RELEASE IT OR SHUT THE **** UP!!!!! Stop making crap videos and shutup with the progress as we dont give a **** we just want it done already!!! You say its finsihed so whats stopping you from releasing it? Testing? Let us test it as you will get people saying it doesnt work anyway and we are the real testers so after wasting a week of testing you will still get a lot of people complaining anyway but the rest of us would now have a hacked iphone which is what we all want.

      I bet today they release 2 more videos. $100 says they will.... easy money for me :P
    1. lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
      lostwhiteboyy -
      yea but these are there forums not yours! So they can do what they want! It's people like you that **** things up for others!

      Respect! It's free! Also you make a program to do it then!
    1. iancdp's Avatar
      iancdp -
      I dont understand how people can be such a holes these people are wasting their time to bring u a tool that u have been dying for and they are just giving u the progress calm down good things dont come so easy unless ure spoiled *****.idiot
    1. lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
      lostwhiteboyy -
      agreed
    1. scidsecret's Avatar
      scidsecret -
      wow. some of you people are rediculous. As others have said, try writing the programs or unlocks, whatever, yourselves. or better yet, try donating to the dev team, huh? go donate $20 for each firmware version you've unlocked BECAUSE of their hard work, which pays little to nothing, THEN b**** all you want. Otherwise, just shut up and wait, cuz that's all you can do! :-D

      btw... yeah, i've donated to them, so...... [rude gesture]
    1. manny0's Avatar
      manny0 -
      how did you donate when they dont accept donations?

      Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
      Are they ever going to release this?
      Everyday you get a video or update and this one says its finished for 1st gen iphones which is the main reason for the jailbreak as the 3g users can use thier phones nearly anywhere and the 1st gen cant as they are locked.
      Example: here in Aus the 2nd gen 3G can be used but the 1st gen cant without jailbreak/unlock.

      I want the devs to hear this.... RELEASE IT OR SHUT THE **** UP!!!!! Stop making crap videos and shutup with the progress as we dont give a **** we just want it done already!!! You say its finsihed so whats stopping you from releasing it? Testing? Let us test it as you will get people saying it doesnt work anyway and we are the real testers so after wasting a week of testing you will still get a lot of people complaining anyway but the rest of us would now have a hacked iphone which is what we all want.

      I bet today they release 2 more videos. $100 says they will.... easy money for me :P

      that is the most ignorant sh*t ever, I hope you drop your phone and it breaks into 3 pieces and then falls in water. Dev Team or anyone else in this scene/forum owes you anything but an as* kicking
    1. DoerrFan's Avatar
      DoerrFan -
      Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
      Are they ever going to release this?
      Everyday you get a video or update and this one says its finished for 1st gen iphones which is the main reason for the jailbreak as the 3g users can use thier phones nearly anywhere and the 1st gen cant as they are locked.
      Example: here in Aus the 2nd gen 3G can be used but the 1st gen cant without jailbreak/unlock.

      I want the devs to hear this.... RELEASE IT OR SHUT THE **** UP!!!!! Stop making crap videos and shutup with the progress as we dont give a **** we just want it done already!!! You say its finsihed so whats stopping you from releasing it? Testing? Let us test it as you will get people saying it doesnt work anyway and we are the real testers so after wasting a week of testing you will still get a lot of people complaining anyway but the rest of us would now have a hacked iphone which is what we all want.

      I bet today they release 2 more videos. $100 says they will.... easy money for me :P
      Are you kidding me? You think they owe you this? I hope it takes even longer to come out because of people like you. They owe you NOTHING, they do this for NO pay, and its very difficult work. Why don't YOU make a tool to do this, since you are real good at complaining im sure you can back what you have to say up?
      Stop complaining, if it was released prematurely there would be a sea of broken phones and problems, and you would probably the first one here posting "ZOMG THE DEV TEAM SUX THEY GAVE US THE SOFTWARE TO SOON AND IT BROKEDEDED MAI IFONE." They owe you nothing, they do not need you, you need them, and theres a saying that goes "Don't bite the hand that feeds you."

      Thread Closed to prevent further arguments, and flaming of this guy.
    1. dale1v's Avatar
      dale1v -
      Naked Faerie, make your own damn jailbreak and then stop complaining.